13

Words through Notes

You tapped your ballpen on your table silently. You were memorizing the lyrics for your audition later when you felt someone tapping your shoulder.

You turned around to see your seatmate MinKyoung handling you a paper. You looked at the front before getting the paper. 

 

'Good luck later ^_^'. You smiled at the letter and mouthed her 'thank you' before looking back infront. You heard the bell rang as your teacher motioned your class to be dissmissed then the announcer from the speaker spoke, "Attention for those who are interested, please come directly to the Auditorium for signing up" the announcer said. 

 

You felt someone clunged an arm on you as you turned your head to see Niel. "Let's go. Its better that you'll be there early" he said as both of you walked down the hallway. "Aren't you joining too?" You asked. "I guess. I dont know. I mean, I dont want to compete with you. Maybe next time I guess" He said with a smile on his face.

 

"Hey! Wait for us!" You and Niel turned around to see Ricky with Changjo, Chunji, L.Joe running towards your direction. "Where's Minsoo?" You asked. "He's taking an exam for college entrance" Chunji said. "Advance?" Niel asked and Chunji nodded. "I'm sure he'll come after dont worry" L.Joe said and all of you walked to the auditorium to sign up. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and the boys arrived at the school auditorium to sign up. Since you arrive early you were the 4th person to sign up and was assigned to go to the backstage to get ready for the song. You took a glance at the guys and gave you a pumping fist saying 'Fighting' as you copied them.

 

"Do you think she's nervous?" Ricky asked. "Everybody seems nervous. Eunmi isnt that confident too" Chunji said crossing his arms as the boys found a seat infront of the stage. 

 

Meanwhile~

You went to the backstage as what the teacher told you to. There you find contestants vocalizing for their song. You grabbed your phone and plugged your earphones on and sang the song you'll use for the audition.

 

You stopped singing when you heard the students applausing. "Its starting already" you said. "May we call  Choi Eunmi on stage please" the judges, which are the office staffs said. You breathe in and out and went to the stage as students began whispering something which made you ignore and began to introduce yourself.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo. Choi Eunmi ibnida. I'm from Class 2- A and I'm singing Scarecrow by Lee Hi" You introduced yourself and bowed as everyone, I mean not all was clapping their hands. Only some (how rude ¬_¬). The song began to play as you only held your mic tight and began to sang.

 

Geu eotteon sarangdo sigani jinamyeon

Byeonhago maneungeol wae nan moreunyago
1nyeonman jinado jigeumgwa dallajyeo
Nae saenggage apeul ireun eobseul georago
Hajiman nan nae maeumeul jal aneun geol
Byeonhajil anheulgeol neomu jal aneun geol
Sesangen jeonghaejin jjagi da itgie
Geureon sarangeun jeoldae ichyeojiji annneun geol

Neoneun naega neol da ijeun jul algetjiman
Dareun saramgwa haengbokhan jul algetjiman
Naneun ajikdo ireoke mot itgo isseo
Moduga tteonagado honja seoinneun heosuabicheoreom

Haegajigo modu jibe deureogamyeon
Neorbeun deulpane na honja seo inneun geol
Api jogeumssik an boineun eodumi
Honja inneun nal jeomjeom duryeopge hajiman
Eoneusae kkok gameun du nuneul tteoboni
Areumdaun byeoldeuri bitnago isseo
Meolli tteonan neoui geu moseupdeulcheoreom
Barabomyeonseo eonjengan naege ogireul bireosseo

Neoneun naega neol da ijeun jul algetjiman
Dareun saramgwa haengbokhan jul algetjiman
Naneun ajikdo ireoke mot itgo isseo
Moduga tteonagado honja seoinneun heosuabicheoreom

Neoneun naega neol da ijeun jul algetjiman (o naneun naega)
Dareun saramgwa haengbokhan jul algetjiman (neoreul itgo)
Naneun ajikdo ireoke mot itgo isseo (nan mot itgo isseo)
Moduga tteonagado honja seoinneun heosuabicheoreom
(Nal dugo tteonagado heosuabicheoreom)

Honja seoinneun heosuabicheoreom. 

 

When the song was done you saw the judges standing ovation while clapping as well as the audience. You bowed to them and went to the backstage. "Good for you non-talker. Were you cheating? You can't even talk" one girl said. "I wasn't and it was my voice" you said back and went outside the backstage before making a scene. 

You saw the boys there waiting for you with huge grins in their faces. "That was awesome" Niel and Ricky said. "Nice job" Cap complimented. You thanked them for your compliments when you saw MinKyoung at the side. "Thanks for supporting me unnie" you said with a smile. "Nah. That's okay. Your performance was great actually" she said. "I guess we should be going. The office staffs told the others that the announcement of those who passed will announce tomorrow. That's  why the first one who performed already went home" Chunji said. "Let's eat first. My treat" you said clasping your hands and they nodded.

 

You were about to go out when a group of First Year girls blocked your way. "Unnie. That was awesome! We'll support you if you'll pass. Fighting!" they said which made you shock and happy. "Kamsahamnida" you bowed and began to walk again. "Now that was eye catcher" L.Joe said. "Okay. Let's go I'm hungry" then you went to a restaurant you and Changjo used to go when you were still in Middle School.