Halmeoni!!

We Were In Love

*FLASHBACK*

"Halmeoni, Just stop your work for a second! Let's eat together! I cooked some foods for you!" called a teenage girl with yellow boot from the end of the bounds of the vegetable farm.

The old lady stop for a while to catch the girl words as she can't hear very well. She then replied the girl. "Arasso, arasso. I'm coming. " The old lady put down her mini scoop and then open her gloves. Thus, she moved towards the girl.

"Halmeoni, i cooked some vegetable soup for you. Let's eat." the girl said in happy voice, while pouring the soup into a bowl.

"Aigoo~ My back is killing me.. Aigoo, aigoo~" the old lady complain after she sat on the mat. She gave her own back a little massage.

"Halmeoni, why don't we go for a check up tomorrow? uhh? Kajja.." the girl said to her halmeoni while giving her a bowl of soup.

"Nevermind.. Its not that bad, i can handle it. " the old lady replied while shooking her head.

"But you've....."

"Nevermind. Let's eat. Emm..give me some more of the soup." the old lady cutted her.


"Mwo?!! It couldn't be! You're joking right? She couldn't leave me like this! No!! Halmeoni!!" The girl said in desperate voice.

"I'm sorry. We have done our best. There's nothing we could do about it. We were very sorry. The snake's poison had spread throughout her body causing the vital organs failed to work. Especially her lungs. Once again, we were very sorry. " the doctor said then bowed his head.

"Halmeoni!! wake up! you've promised me that you will never leave me alone!! Halmeoni!! Wake up!! " the girl shake the old lady body hoping that she will be awake later.

"Halmeoni!! Wake up! You couldn't le...." that is the last word that come from the girl mouth before everything become dark.

 


That was the last time i saw halmeoni. I missed her so bad now.

Halmeoni, why did you left me? Why didn't you brought me together with you?

The girl said in her mind whenever she remembered her beloved grandma.

"Byeol-ah, you can't be like this for the rest of your life. You must go on. You need to go on. PLlase.." said the girl beside Byeol while patting her shoulder.

Byeol just kept silent and kept her head down.

"Byeol-ah, your grandma will be sad if she know your condition  right now. She left you not because she hates you or whatever the reason may be. But it because, she wants you to grow better. You need to understand it." the girl try to comfort her.

After a few minutes, Byeol finally say a word.

"Chaewon-ah, i know it. But i missed her so bad. It hurts me knowing that she was gone. I have no one in this world. I only have her. My parents have died. Now, my grandma. How will i move on alone?" her tears began to stream down her cheeks.

"Then who am i? a stranger? am i a stranger to you? Byeol-ah, we've been friends since the past 11 years. How could you say that? I told you, i will be there beside you for the rest of my life. You're like sister to me.  " Chaewon eyes also begin to become watery.

Byeol gave Chaewon a deep look in her eyes.

Byeol suddenly burst into tears. She hug Chaewon tightly and cry on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Chaewon-ah. I didn't mean to say that. " Byeol say while sobbing.

"Nevermind. Byeol-shi, i understand it. Just cry if you want." Chaewon said and patted Byeol's shoulder softly.

"Thank you, Chaewon-ah. You were always there whenever i need you. Gumawo." Byeol replied in moved voice.

"You're welcome. But, promised me..You'll move on. Okay? I miss your laughter. " Chaewon said.

"I'll try." Byeol said then smile weakly.

 


 

Anyeong! ^^

This is my first chapter. Sorry for the grammar mistakes.

I don't write long because i just want to give you an introduction about the character.

I'll promise that i'll write longer in the next chapter. :D

Please comment and subscribe~ ^___^

Gumawo~

*bows*