Reconciled

How Can Something So Sweet, Be Related To Something So Horrible?

I had been away from school for too long and it’s about time I should go back, I thought to myself and smiled slightly.

 

When my brother got home that evening, I was sat on the sofa waiting for him. He placed his bag down by the stairs then walked over and joined me.

“Gwenchana?” Kyujong questioned and I nodded with a smile. He seemed surprised by this because I hadn’t been smiling that much lately.

“Kyujong-oppa, I’m going back to school tomorrow. It’s too lonely here” I told him and he nodded in approval. A huge smile spread across his face as he wrapped his arms around me tightly as he pulled me into a hug.

“I’m glad you’re going back to school” he my hair comfortingly. “In all truth; I’ve been worrying about you. I was gonna phone mum and dad” he whispered and I hugged him back.

“Don’t tell them what happened, please. It’s shameful” I asked and I felt him nod.

 

The next morning I awoke with a cheerful smile on my face, for the first time in weeks. I was so excited about seeing my friends again. I happily skipped into my bathroom and showered. I had to refresh myself for the new day ahead of me.

I walked back into my bedroom, after my shower, with a towel wrapped around my body. I dried myself before slipping on a black bra and matching underwear. I grabbed my dark blue skirt and pulled it up my smooth milky legs then zipped it up at the side. I put my white vest top on over my head before sliding my blouse up my arms and buttoning it up.

I took a seat on my bed as I slid my white knee high socks, gently up each of my legs.

I tied my light and dark blue striped tie around my neck and finally put on my blazer before checking my reflection. I’ve missed this; I thought and smiled before leaving my bedroom to get some breakfast. I saw my brother already eating, so I joined him with a smile on my face.

“Morning, Oppa” I said and sat next to him. He chuckled at my cheerful attitude and I grabbed an apple to eat.

“I’ve missed your smiles” he teased and ruffled my hair playfully.

 

We exited out house and made our way to Kyujong’s black Ferrari spider. I love this car; I really wanted one of my own. We climbed into our seats and then he started up the engine and drove towards the school.

“Remember dongsaeng, if anyone gives you , just tell me; okay?” Kyujong said protectively and I nodded.

 

As we pulled up into the school parking lot, I already noticed people looking at me and whispering to the person next to them.

I stepped out of the car and people continued to whisper.

“I heard it's because she's anorexic, that’s why she fainted” I heard one girl whisper. Such harsh rumours are floating around. Why do people jump to such conclusions?

“Yah, don’t spread lies about my sister, you !” Kyujong threatened her and both, the girl and her friend, ran off scared.

He wrapped a protective arm around my shoulder and led me into the school building. People were still whispering about me, but some would smile as well.

“Thanks for that Oppa” I smiled up at my brother and he gave me a one armed hug.

“That’s what I’m here for” he whispered and we continued to walk.

 

Just then some random girl walked up to us and I got worried. Is she gonna say something horrible to me? My brother tensed up and stepped in front of me.

“If you’re gonna say something horrible just get lost now!” he warned the girl but she shook her head.

“Ani, I was just gonna say I’m glad you’re better, Bekkha” she said. I think her name is Eunjung. She is in a couple of my classes. I smiled at her and she returned it.

“Thanks, you’re Eunjung; right?” I asked her and she nodded gleefully.

“I can’t believe you actually know my name” she said excitedly and I chuckled at her reaction. Kyujong kissed my head and patted my shoulder reassuringly before leaving to go find his friends.

“Eunjung, I’ll see you in class, okay? I smiled and placed my hand on her arm before walking away to go and find my other friends.

 

I approached my locker and sure enough, there they were; but they were not alone; Seungyeol was with them. What do I do? Do I go over like nothing happened? Yes, be strong Bekkha!

I headed towards the group and L noticed me first. He was lent against the locker and his eyes met mine; they widened and he ran over to me and picked me up in a hug.

“I missed you Bekkha” he whispered and I hugged him back.

“I’m glad some people did, loads of people have been spreading rumours about me whilst I’ve been gone” I said and he chuckled and put me down.

“Most of them just thought of the worst case scenarios and people tended to overhear other people worrying” he smiled and I sighed.

“Bekkha” Skye squealed and ran over. She hugged me tightly and I her hair. “You’re better now, right?” she asked worriedly. I pulled away from our hug and nodded to assure my best friend.

“In truth, during the time I was off in the last couple of weeks was because I didn’t feel up to coming to school; but it got lonely at home” I admitted and L wrapped an arm around my shoulder. “Why didn’t any of you guys come to visit me?” I questioned and they chuckled nervously.

“Kyujong told us not to. He said to leave you alone until you came back to school” L said as the others looked shamefully to the ground.

“You guys listened to my brother?” I asked in disbelief and they nodded. “I was lonely for three weeks because you actually listened to my brother” I sighed and they pouted.

“We’re sorry Bekkha, but we’re glad you’re better now and back in school” Woohyun place his hand on my shoulder. Sungjong nodded in agreement with him; but where did Seungyeol go?

 

The warning bell for first lesson went off and I started to panic. Oh no, I have a lesson with Seungyeol, I thought. I took a deep breath as I headed towards the classroom. I was outside the door and my hand reached for the door handle.

“Bekkha!” I heard and turned to see Eunjung. I smiled and she opened the classroom door. “Gwenchana?” she asked and nodded to her. I walked over to my seat at the back of the room and sighed in relief. Seungyeol wasn’t here yet, which meant that I could relax.

 

Eunjung was sat all the way at the front of the classroom and I pouted. I’ll have no one to talk to this lesson now.

I lay my head on the table and shut my eyes to go sleep. But my sleeping was stopped when I heard someone sit next to me. My eyes widened and I began to panic. Was it Seungyeol? I’m too scared to look. I looked under the table slyly and noticed his bag. Ah damn, it was Seungyeol.

Well, I’ve got to face him sooner or later. I sighed and sat up. I looked at him and he was looking at me. He had a surprised look on his face and I could tell that my expression probably matched his.

“Hey” he said nervously. What do i do? Do I reply?

“Hi” I said back before facing the front of the classroom. Great, let the awkwardness begin. I hate silent/awkward atmospheres. I whined to myself and lay my head back onto the table.

 

After the lesson, Seungyeol stood up quickly and ran out the room as fast as lightning. What’s wrong with him? I sighed as I slowly exited the classroom. That lesson was so awkward. Me and Seungyeol didn’t even talk after the uncomfortable greetings.

“Hey, you okay?” I heard Eunjung and I looked behind me. I smiled to her and nodded. “Is this about Seungyeol?” How could she know about me and him? “I only ask because whilst you were away he was constantly staring at your seat with a sad expression on his face” she informed me and I was shocked. I thought Seungyeol hated me.

I placed a thankful hand on her shoulder and smiled.

“Thanks Eunjung, you’ve just cheered me up” I giggled and the left her. This could mean that  I still stand a chance with him...maybe...

 

I was heading towards the park after school still thinking about Seungyeol. Why would he stare at my chair? What if he only did it because he was glad I wasn’t there? Aish…Eotteokhajyo? (What should I do?)

I reached the park and it seemed to be empty. No kids were running around screaming and there was no one else around. I sighed in relief and walked over to the climbing frame; to my spot. I smiled but that smile faded when I noticed Seungyeol was there. We both froze as we looked at each other. Oh god, I can’t get rid of my feelings for him, I thought as I felt my heart flutter just by looking at him. Snap out of it Bekkha!

“Mianhae” I said and stood up. I was about to leave but Seungyeol grabbed my shoulder.

“Wait, don’t go. Can we talk, please?” he pleaded and I turned to look at him.

 

We sat on a bench in silence. It looked like he wasn’t going to be the one to talk first, so I spoke up.

“Why did you walk off with Lizzy that time?” I looked down at the floor.

“I didn’t walk off with her. She just followed me” he said and I looked up at him. “Mianhae. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was so worried when I saw L carrying you. I blamed myself for it” he looked at me and he had tears in his eyes.

“That was mostly my stupid fault, don’t blame yourself. I thought you hated me” I sighed and he shook his head.

“Ani…I don’t care that Kyujong is your brother; I don’t care you went on a date with Hoya. I just don’t care anymore” he said and my heart sunk. He doesn’t care? So he doesn’t like me anymore? So I don't have a chance with him now.

“Oh, well I should go then” I stood up and again he held me back. I turned to face him and he placed his hand on my face. He wrapped his other arm around my waist and I silently gasped at how close he was.

"Pabo. I don’t care about all that, but I do care about you” he whispered. “ I love you”…

 

It's nearly over...the next chapter is the last :/

Tell me what you think

Comment and Subscribe :)