Getting A Date

You're Weird

 

"Soo", Minsee said as she leaned against the locker next to mine. "Who are you going with to the ball?"
 
"Why does everyone have to nag about the fricking ball!" I groaned and closed my locker shut.
 
"Sorry for asking", Minsee mumbled.
 
I sighed and looked at her hurt face. Minsee was one of the most sensitive persons I knew, and you really had to watch your words around her.
 
"No, I'm sorry. It's just that that I don't have a date yet", I explained.
 
She immediatly lit up and smiled brightly at me. Minsee was a really cute girl, having all the right features. For her, there was no worries finding guys who was willing to date her.
 
"I can help you!" she said as she threw her arms out.
 
"Oh, no, there's no need doing that", I hurried to say.
 
"No, I want to!" she said, taking my arm.
 
"No, seriously... It's okay", I said, trying to squirm out of her grip.
 
She pouted, and I swear I could've seen tears in her eyes.
 
"Okay, okay. You can help me", I sighed, and she immediatly looked happier.
 
"Yeys! I know the perfect guy for you! His name is Kyuhyun, he's really cute!" she squealed.
 
I nodded at her with a stiff smile, and then started walking to class, with Minsee after me.
 
"He actually goes to this school, but you doesn't have any classes with him do you?" she asked me.
 
"Nope."
 
"I can introduce you at lunch. He's going to liiiiiiiike you", she said, poking me in the side.
 
"I'm sure he will", I answered, moving away from her finger.
 
 
As soon as I walked out of the last class before lunch, Minsee literally jumped on me. 
 
"Holy mother of-"
 
"Now you're going to meet Kyuhyun!" she interrupted me.
 
I backed a few steps to get some air and she smiled so big that I thought face would be cut in half. She walked behind me my whole way to my locker, making me increadibly nervous with her light footsteps. When we reached the cafeteria, she lost patience and grabbed my arm. She pulled me towards a table full of people, some I knew, some I didn't. She sat me down, a little harder than necessary, next to a boy that I'd never seen before. Minsee sat down on my other side, and bent over so that she could see the boy.
 
"Kyuhyun", she cooed, making him look at her. "You don't have a date for the ball, right?"
 
He shook his head, and I couldn't help but to think that he was cute. He had a pretty serious face, but he still had something very handsome over his face.
 
"Well, Sunhye here doesn't either, so the two of you maybe could go together", Minsee continued, making me blush like crazy.
 
She'd said help me and introduce him, not freaking ask him out for me. He shifted his gaze upon me, and smiled a shy smile. Suddenly, his face wasn't so serious anymore.
 
"Sure", he said in a calm voice.
 
And with that, I had a date. I smiled back at him, still blushing, and then I looked down at the table. Minsee squealed in delight, and gave me a hug.
 
"Oh my god, cutest thing ever!" she said.
 
"Air. I need air", I choked out, and she let go of me instantly.
 
"Sorry!" she said, looking apologetically at me.
 
Kyuhyun chuckled at the scene, and I started to blush again. I actually had a date. I had to bit my tounge to not smile like the weirdo I was.
 
 
I was about to go home, when someone called my name. I turned around, and saw Kyuhyun come jogging towards me, and my cheeks instantly got red.
 
"Can we walk together?" he asked me when he reached me.
 
I nodded and smiled up at him. We started to walk, and there was an exact distance between us. Once in a while my hand accidentally touched his, and my blushing increased.
 
"So, I actually don't know very much about you", Kyuhyun said after a while in silence.
 
"I'm not really interesting though", I confessed.
 
"Come on. I'm sure there's something that's fascinating with you", he insisted, and for some dumb reason I started to blush even harder.
 
"Well... No. Nothing that I can come up with", I said, feeling a little pathetic.
 
"Okay, I can help you. What are you doing this friday?" he asked me.
 
"...Nothing", I asked, oblivious to the hint.
 
He chuckled at me, and I looked confused up at him.
 
"Would you like to go out with me then?" he asked me, making me shocked.
 
"Uhm-oh. S-sure" I stuttered out.
 
"See? That's one interesting thing", he pointed out, laughing lightly.
 
"Okay, fair enough. Tell me something about you", I said, trying to calm down my heartbeat.
 
"I'm going out with a pretty girl on friday", he said smugly.
 
That didn't help my work to calm down myself, in fact, it did the opposite.
 
"That doesn't count", I mumbled as I looked away, trying to hide my flushed face.
 
"Okay. I can sing", he simply said.
 
That made me look at him in surprise. Could that face sing too?
 
"Seriously?" I asked.
 
"You don't have to sound so surprised", he said.
 
"Sorry. But I hope you understand that this means your going to have to sing to me sometime", I said, actually grinning at him.
 
"Deal. But that sometime have to be another day, since I have to turn here", he said nodding left.
 
"Okay. But thanks for walking with me", I said.
 
"No problem. Let's do it again sometime", he smiled at me, and then he leaned in and kissed me on the cheek.
 
He smiled one more time at me, before he turned around and left me standing there like a fool. I raised my hand and touched the place where his lips had been. The skin that I felt under my fingertips was blazing.