Why?

You're Weird

"No."

"Come on!"

"No."

Minsee looked begging at me with her deer-like eyes, but I refused. Her idea that I would borrow one of her dresses for the ball was absolutely absurd. Never in a lifetime that I would be able to fit in her size. The whole thing was brought up because I whined that every dress that I'd seen was too expensive, and that I didn't have one on my own. It had never been an occasion in my life before when I'd been in need of one, and therefore I didn't have one. 

"Pleease? I have one that would fit you just perfectly!" she begged.

"No. Not a chance", I dismissed her.

To my annoyance, her eyes started to fill up with tears, like they always did when she didn't get what she wanted. And being weak for tears, I gave in.

"Okay, fine. I can look at it", I sighed.

She immediately lit up in, clapping her hands together in victory.

"Great! You can follow with me home after school!" she said, almost jumping up and down in joy.

"Yeah. See you then", I said, leaving her standing in the middle of the hall.

The ball was only two weeks away, and I was still going with Kyuhyun. I should've been happy, but instead, I felt miserable. No one else seemed to notice it, and the only thing I could focus on was that Heechul surely would've said something about it. But we weren't friends anymore. I stared down at the floor while I walked, not caring if I walked into anyone. What made it all alot worse was that he didn't even seemed bothered. Everytime I saw him in school, he was standing with his friends, talking or laughing. It wasn't fair that it affected me so much, and him so little. It was me who had made choice from the start! Suddenly I walked into something that made me loose my balance and fall. My bag hit the floor, so all of my books fell out on, making a mess. My elbow pained, and as a reflex, my eyes got filled with tears from the pain. I looked up at the thing I walked into, and to my shock, I locked eyes with none other than Heechul. He stared down at me in surprise, and it looked like he was going to say something for a moment. But instead, a smirk found it's way to his lips, and he snorted. He shook his head, and then he just left. Watching his figure disappear, the tears flooded over and started to flow down my cheeks. He didn't even care. 

"Sunhye?" I heard a familiar voice call from somewhere.

Two hands touched my back, and as I turned my head, I saw a worried Kyuhyun.

"Are you okay? What happened?" he asked me, alarmed.

"Nothing. I just... Nothing", I answered, and to my irritation my voice cracked.

I sat up straight, rubbing my injured elbow, before I whiped away the tears. Kyuhyun started to collect my books, and I noticed that several eyes was staring at me. They had seen the scene, and that made my face grow deeply red in humiliation. I started to help Kyuhyun, letting my hair hid my flushed face from the rest of the world. Kyuhyun handed over the once he had, and I put them back in my bag, and then I fastly stood up, wanting to leave as fast as possible. But when I was about to go, a hand around my own stopped me. I looked at a serious Kyuhyun.

"Come", he said, and started to drag me away, the opposite way from where I was heading.

"But-" I begun.

"Just come", he interrupted.

He led me up the stairs, until we reached the roof. The fresh air hit my face, highlighting the wet traces of my tears. Kyuhyun dropped my hand and turned to me, looking worried.

"Exactly what happened? And don't tell me that it was nothing", he said.

I looked at him for a moment, pressing my lips tightly together. But he was my boyfriend. And that ment that I had to tell him stuff. Right?

"I walked into Heechul. Literally", I mumbled, looking away.

"And he just left?" Kyuhyun asked, sounding both shocked and mad.

I snorted and smiled bitterly, but felt the tears threaten to come out again. Heechul was something I chose not to talk to Kyuhyun about. As the tears, once again, found their way out, I felt two arms embrace me and pull me into a hug. My arms automatically found their way around Kyuhyun's waist, and I cried into his shoulder. As I felt him gently my hair, and his warmth surround me, one single thought went through my mind. "Why can't I love you?"