It's Not Worth It

You're Weird

 

That whole weekend I spent locked up in my room, trying to get myself together. Heechul didn't even try to come over, which ment that he had taken my words seriously. I felt weirdly empty. We always spent the weekends together, no matter if one of us was sick or not. And now... we weren't out of choice. But I couldn't skip school. When I arrived there, the first thing I saw was Kyuhyun's face.
 
"Hey!" he greeted me cheerully.
 
"Hi", I greeted back with a small smile. 
 
"I really had fun friday", he said, as we begun to walk.
 
"Me too. But sorry for... Heechul", I said, struggling with his name.
 
"It really doesn't matter. My mom died about ten years ago, I'm at peace with it", he said, smiling reassuringly at me.
 
But I didn't smile back, and that made his smile fade away.
 
"May I just ask... How do you know him?" he asked me.
 
"He lives accross the street from me. But I don't... We're not friends", I said, and my throat felt dry.
 
Kyuhyun simply nodded at my answer. Without me even noticing, he had taken my hand in his. People around us was staring, pointing at us, and I felt my cheeks burning. Were we together? I got it confirmed when one of his friends came up to us.
 
"Dude, who's this?" he asked.
 
"My girlfriend", Kyuhyun answered, pulling me closer.
 
There you go. I had a boyfriend. That made me forget about Heechul for a moment, and I smiled down at the floor. 
 
I was on my way to lunch when I saw him. He was standing with two of his own friends, leaning against the wall, looking as arrogant as he always did. I got a need to walk up to him and talk to him, but stopped myself. We weren't friends anymore. To my relief, Minsee came from behind, making it impossible for me to talk to Heechul.
 
"Hi! Are you going to lunch?" she asked me, cheerful as ever.
 
"Yeah", I answered, with my eyes on Heechul.
 
Her voice made him turn his head towards us. Our eyes met, and we looked at eachother for a moment, before I turned away. 
 
"Let's go", I said, linking arms with Minsee.
 
She got a little suprised with my sudden movement, but then she lit up in a smile. It wasn't usual that I showed my feelings towards her, and it was obvious that she loved feeling loved. We passed Heechul and his friends, and I could feel his gaze burn in my back all the way to the cafeteria.
 
Kyuhyun was amazing. He was kind, thoughtful, generous and he was in love with me. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't love him back. That feeling that I'd felt our first week together seemed to have disappeared to not come back, and it bothered the hell out of me. All of my friends, told me how lucky I was to have someone like him, but all I could do was to smile. I couldn't agree with them, because that would be hypocrisy when I didn't even feel anything towards him. Me and Heechul became like strangers. Whenever I saw him in school, I felt that need to talk to him, but I never did. My mom asked me why she hadn't seen him around, and all I could say was that we didn't hang out anymore. It was painful. Sometimes, when I sat in my room, at my desk, I could see Heechul walking into his house, with a giggeling girl on his arm. It felt like he was sleeping around alot more after our friendship than he did during it. But then again, maybe I was just a bit more obvious to it. No matter what, I missed him. I missed that crazy, weird, stupid thing. But I had too much pride to talk to him about it. He would give me hell. He would talk to me, but he would give me hell for my actions, and it just wasn't worth it.