It was nice while it lasted

Game Of Love

Secret - Starlight Moonlight 

 


 

_______ just finished getting her hair and make-up done at her usual salon. She was walking down the steps of the building and almost tripped when the cameramen and staff of We Got Married’ suddenly ambushed her.

“Oh…weren’t we supposed to meet at the apartment like always?” _______ asked the writer that was closest to her.

The crew didn’t answer _______’s question and just instructed her to follow them.

________ got to the car that was provided by the show and just anxiously waited as the vehicle started to move. She sent a text message to Kyuhyun asking where he is just to see if he knew about the sudden change.

A couple of minutes later, the car stopped in front of a commercial building.  ________ looked around and saw the staff running towards the building. She checked her phone and still didn’t get any reply from Kyuhyun.

________ laughed as she finally saw the guy she was looking for. Kyuhyun looked like he was being kidnapped by the’ We Got Married’ staff. They led him towards the car that _______ was in and made him go inside.

“_______, what’s going on?” Kyuhyun asked her curiously as soon as he was able to sit comfortably next to her.

“I don’t know. They wouldn’t tell me.” ________ answered after she shrugged her shoulders.

Kyuhyun and _______ was tired of speculating what the show had planned for them and so they just caught up with each other’s lives.

“Here…” Kyuhyun got a small pouch from inside his bad and handed it over to ________.

“What’s this?” _______ asked before untying the tiny strings on top.

“It’s just something I got for you while we were in Paris.” Kyuhyun informed her.

________ stopped her actions and looked at Kyuhyun guiltily.

“You bought me something again? This is the second time and I haven’t even given you anything back for the first gifts you gave me.” ________ told him a bit apologetically.

“Okay…this can just sit inside my bag and wait until you give me something in return.”  Kyuhyun coolly said as he reached out to get the pouch on ________’s lap.

_______ gasped as Kyuhyun actually grabbed the gift and placed it back in his bag. Kyuhyun smirked when he saw _______ lightly pout. She looked away from him and he could only guess that she wanted to take back her words.

_______ stared at the buildings that they were passing by, she couldn’t believe that Kyuhyun really took his present back. But before she could complain any more, she felt something on her lap. _______ looked down and saw the pouch ‘magically’ appear again.

“Let’s just say I’m a great husband.” Kyuhyun said without looking at ______. He flipped his hair in an attempt to look more charismatic and cool than ever.

_______ smiled brightly and excitedly opened the pouch. She was finally able to see what Kyuhyun got for her.

_______ was in awe as she examined the pretty bracelet that Kyuhyun got for her. There were 4 charms on the bracelet….an Eiffel tower, a letter K, a small heart that had ‘je t’aime’ written on it, and the last charm was the first letter of her name.

Needless to say, ________ was moved by Kyuhyun’s gift. It could be obviously seen on her face as the cameras installed in the car captured her expression.

“Thank you Kyuhyun. This is really amazing.” _______ sincerely thanked him. She immediately offered her hand to Kyuhyun and asked him to put the bracelet around her wrist.

Kyuhyun cleared his throat and tried his best not to look nervous as he securely locked the clasp of the bracelet.

 

After being on the road for more than half an hour, the car finally stopped at a restaurant. 

Kyuhyun and _______ warily walked in and they were immediately led by the waitress to the VIP room.

“Oh Umma, Appa!” Kyuhyun exclaimed as soon as he saw his parents sitting down on the floor along with his older sister.

That was what the show had planned for them from the start…a surprise visit to Kyuhyun’s parents.

_______’s eyes widened as she realized what was happening. She immediately bowed formally to show her respect to her ‘parents-in-law’.

“Aigoo. Stop with the formal bowing, you can give us a hug since you’re practically part of our family now. ” Kyuhyun’s mom welcomed _______ warmly.

The young couple then sat across the table so that they all could face and talk to each other properly.

“You look so much prettier in person.” Kyuhyun’s sister flattered ________.

“You don’t have to lie noona.” Kyuhyun muttered making him receive a nudge on the side from _______.

_______ chuckled and thanked her for the compliment as she too complimented them back.

 “If it isn’t for you or this show then we would have to wait for a few more months to see Kyuhyun again.” Kyuhyun’s father spoke and his words made Kyuhyun and ______ feel guilty.

“I really like watching the two of you. It reminds me of myself and Kyuhyun’s appa back when we were much younger.” Kyuhyun’s mom said as she looked at her husband lovingly.

“Really? How so?” _______ curiously asked.

“Cho guys don’t really show their affectionate, soft and sweet side as much as we girls would want to. But once they do act romantic, it would be something memorable and that would sweep a girl off her feet.” His mom described making Kyuhyun and his dad a bit awkward.

_______ timidly laughed, agreeing with every word that Kyuhyun’s mom just said.

The food arrived after their small introductions and ________ did her best to leave a great impression on her in-laws. She placed food on their plates and as well as refilled their drinks for them.

Between the laughter and interesting stories, Kyuhyun’s accident was brought up.

Tears escaped from everyone’s eyes as his dad remembered the sleepless days they experienced in the hospital.

“You know I was really vocal on how I disapproved with Kyuhyun’s decision be a singer. I never understood how people can look up to him with that profession. But I guess I silently supported him after he showed him his determination, although I still really pushed him to go to the direction where I imagined him to end up before. When the accident happened…I stood my ground and didn’t let the doctors risk his dream to shatter.” The speech of Kyuhyun’s dad really affected everyone.

“He protected my dreams for me when I couldn’t. The news that he did that for me may have gotten me more shocked than when the accident occurred.” Kyuyhun chocked on his words, without thinking twice _______ held Kyuhyun’s hand and squeezed it a bit to comfort him.

“Aish, why are we talking about such a sad moment?” Kyuhyun’s sister, Ara said as she wiped the tears from her face.

They quickly moved on from that heavy-hearted topic and the in-laws asked ________ questions to get to know her better.

“I heard you’re still studying.” Kyuhyun’s dad showed interest in ________’s educational background.

“Yes. I’m finishing my degree now and hopefully I’ll graduate very soon.” ________ replied politely.

Kyuhyun’s mom and sister then shared to the young couple their favorite moments from the show.

“We saw that you gave _______ gifts when you came back from China. You don’t even give mom and I anything from your trips anymore.” Ara jokingly scolded his brother.

After an hour or so, the luncheon was coming to an end.

Everyone was able to have a pleasant time with each other and ________ really felt the love from Kyuhyun’s family.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you anything for our first meeting.” _______ apologized.

“It’s okay. We knew this was a surprise plan. The PD even told us not to contact Kyuhyun about this.” Ara assured _______ that they didn’t care about the material things, unlike his brother.

“You should visit us some more. We would love to spend more time with our son and daughter-in-law. Maybe we can even have a get-together with your parents too.” Kyuhyun’s mom said as she hugged ________ goodbye.

“I will persistently ask Kyuhyun to let me meet you all again. I’ll be more prepared the next time.” _______ answered back and smiled sweetly.

“It was really nice meeting you _______. We hope that you continue to take care of our son for us. Teach him more how to cook.”  Kyuhyun’s dad made _______ laugh with his last statement.

Kyuhyun hugged his parents and sister tightly and promised to visit them as soon as his schedule permits him to do so.

“She’s a keeper so don’t mess it up.” Ara whispered to her younger brother making him laugh nervously. He realized that earlier and he didn’t need another reminder.

 

The make-believe couple watched as Kyuhyun’s family drove off. They then walked around the area and talked about what they thought of the surprise family meeting.

Unfortunately, their shoot was cut short as the rain started to pour heavily.

The two went back to the studio hours later to film their ‘black room’ interview.

 

 

– Later that night –

________ just finished talking to her manager about her busy schedule this week. She was briefed about the shows she will be appearing in.

The doorbell rang seconds after her manager left. Thinking that her manager may have just forgotten something, _______ opened the door casually and didn’t even bother to look at the videocom.

_______ felt shocked, confused and annoyed as she saw who was standing in front of her door.

“What are you doing here Minwoo-shi?” _______ asked as she blocked her doorway using her body, obviously showing Minwoo that she had no plans of letting him in.

“Ouch, what happened to way you used to sweetly call me ‘Minwoo oppa’?” Minwoo asked with a fake hurt expression.

_______ rolled her eyes and stepped back, she was ready to slam the door shut until Minwoo extended his arm and stopped ______ from what she was about to do.

His sudden appearance is certainly something that she didn’t expect.

How will the night end and change her? 

 


 

Oohhh...

 

GUYS! It's my first anniversay! It's been a year since I first started writing fics :) YAY ^_^ Can't believe I've lasted so long. haha It's all thanks to you guys!!

So much much love for reading my stories!

Question, do you guys want me to put my stories up for download? Pdf or .doc format?

Answer by commenting below or tweet me at: twitter.com/nisrandom

 

~Comment Replies~

pinkmonster: Yay...I'm glad a lot are 'shipping' them. LOL ^_^

awww...thank you so much. I actually thought I was about to stop writing WGM fics after Love Line but the plots keep coming to me at the last minute. I've already outlined another future WGM-style story ;) Might post that as soon as I finish one of my fics ^_^

Sujushineebang: awww...thank you! ^_^ Yay for sweet Kyu!

littlemisswriter: aww...thank you so much! I'm so happy you love them. ^_^

Hope you like this update ;)

SHERYLN: Yeah! But would their relationship remain that good? hmmm...;) 

The ex-boyfriend appears again ;) so the drama is bound to show up in the next chapter.

Wonder how and when he'll confess?

yunhosyeobo: Same here! It's either I have melted or fainted .haha ^_~

You're right ;) the lovey-dovey moments will be interrupted by the ex.

AngelHae: Yeah, he's using her as his inspiration ^_^ Happy you loved the last update.

ilovefishy: Haha marry her for real already!

Yup...the drama will start in the next chapter perhaps? ;)

You're welcome! Thanks for commenting and loving the story! ^_^

suju26kamz: Yay for him being subtly sweet in this chapter too ^_^

Awww...I'm so happy that you feel that way.

kyumee68: OMG I Just reviewed my comment to you from the last chapter. What the heck did I say?! What I meant was I hope you're NOT stressed with school. I'm such a fail. haha

kyuhaeyee: Hope you love him in this update too ;)

Love love our leader, our angel Leeteuk!

aww...thank you!! Really love you guys! ^_^

I_am_ME: YAY for them! But after this chapter...do you think they'll still be happy together? hmmm...;)

StephyLeeDonghae:  *sigh* I miss my guy best friend. haha well that's another story. lol But yeah I feel you, a lot of my guy friends are crazy too.

Well Kyu is still sweet here so yay! ^_^

eunhyukmylover: She is very lucky! ^_^ but will she still be happy and lucky after this chapter? hmm..;)

Yeah you're right ^_~ Hope you like this update.

glinkkiehyukkie: maybe both of them are already in love with each other…but when will they confess their feelings? Hope you like this update ^_^

adriana04: aww...glad you felt that way ^_^

Yeah, he is...but we're not close anymore *sigh* haha

Alina1225: Yeah, he's slowly showing his feelings and following where it leads him. ^_^

Their relationship may be in question after this chapter.

 

evil maknae has control over his much older hyungs. haha

kyuimchi: Yay, here's an update!! ^_^

Yeah, we need more sweet guys in our lives to make us smile!!

hmm..when will they fully acknowledge and confess their feelings?

Christine: Aww...that makes me so happy!! It's still all thanks to your great work + sweetness! I'm glad I was able to 'somehow repay' you ;) *cyber hug*

Chessy cute couple won't be that all happy anymore.

Hwaiting to you too!!

cupidzangel: Yeah, he's using her as his inspiration now. aww...haha ^_^

ofhumming: next chapter = start of the drama.

kyuukihae: Yay for sweet Kyuhyun! ^_^

Well...he might have done something...but you have to wait to find out ;) There was actually a hint in that same paragraph *wink wink*

imaginedreamlove: haha...he's such a suitable husband now! ^_^ Lol and minwoo comes a long at the end of the chapter ;)

hopelessromantic: I'm so happy I was able to get that reaction from you ;) awww...that's a sweet friend! We need more sweet people in this world.hihi ^_^