Chapter 2— Change.

Living a fairytale.

Your POV

5 years later.

I walked along the pathway back home as I spotted a few daisies. I picked them up with my hands and skipped off. Kicking of my shoes I ran into the kitchen and tugged onto mother’s apron.

“Mum! Look what I got for you!” I exclaimed cheerfully as she wiped her hands against her aprons and took the daises from me.

She patted my head and started going into one of her coughing fits once again. I patted her back gently and asked, “Are you okay mum?” Even though she nodded her head and gave me a small smile, I did not believe her.

“I’m home!” I heard dad’s voice echo through the halls as I squealed and ran up into his arms. “How’s my little princess doing?” he asked me with a genuine smile.

“Good daddy! Mum’s not feeling to good though,” I replied with a pout.

We then heard a clang coming from the kitchen. Dad and I ran into the kitchen and saw mum sprawled on the floor.

“Mum! Mum!” I yelled shaking her shoulders. Dad rang up the ambulance and we were soon rushed off to the hospital.

Biting my nails, a bad habit of mine I never could kick, I walked up and down the hallway nervously. The surgery light was still on and dad was sitting on the chair with his head in his hands.

“Please let mum be okay,” I prayed.

Soon the surgery light went off and the doctors came out. Dad stood up and looked at the doctor earnestly, “Is my wife alright?” The doctor heaved a sigh and told us he tried his best. Dad collapsed onto the ground and I burst into tears.

The following day, we prepared to cremate her and released her ashes into the sea. “Bye mum, thank you for loving me. I’ll forever be grateful for the things you have done. I love you and you’ll forever remain in my heart,” I cried out loud as I looked at her ashes getting washed away.

Dad remained expressionless throughout the entire funeral.

The next few days were long and dreary. Dad started to change as he stayed out late and came home drunk. He would lash out at me unexpectedly and throw things at me. I cried myself to sleep every night wishing mum was back in my life. One day, he got back so drunk he started to hit me. He slapped and punched me in the face. He kicked me in the stomach and I did nothing.

That night, as I lay in bed, aching and in pain, I remembered my candles. I thrashed through my drawers and found a green candle and a matchbox. Finding one last matchstick inside, I knew my wish had to be right. I slowly lit the candle up and wished for that one thing I have been wanting ever since dad changed. I knew I could not wish for mother to come back, so I wished I would find someone else to come into my life to take me away from this hell.

“Please bring someone into my life to take me away from all this,” with my eyes closed tightly I blew the candle out. I lay back in bed and went into a troubled sleep.

--

Here's chapter 2 guys. I have chapter 3 written up already but won't be putting it up till I finish chapter 4 (: So yea. Tomorrow maybe. And yes, one of the groups appear in the next chapter. I have to go clean my room now and am going ballistic with whether BEAST smoke or not. So yes. Please, comment and subscribe!

--

Tuesday—12:06AM (Singapore)

twentysecond march twothousandandeleven.