Chapter 7

I do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I wake up feeling my right hand's paralyzed. My body shoots up, alarmed. Damn it, I couldn't have since this young, could I? Sitting up, I feel the weight on my hand shifts along. Then I snap out of it.

 

Good God that gave me a fright. I thought I was having an early or something. Sheesh, my brain really cannot function properly in the morning. It's all still hazy. How I have Seo Joo Hyun sleeping beside me is something so surreal.

 

Gazing at her, my eyes catch how beautiful she looks even in the morning. Her eyes are closed. Her hair falls down on her face, making her look like an angel. Her hand still clutches mine loosely.

 

My breath hitches. Goodness gracious, she is mesmerizing. What good have I done in the past to have a wife like her? Just look at this lady. She's perfect. She's witty, fun and cheerful. I've known her for like what, one week? Yet she has made me addicted to her companionship.

 

It's not just once or twice that I think about her at work. Her laugh, her text, her silly phone calls, I always wait for them. When they come, my focus will be gone away. Woosh, just like that. It's nuts, I tell you. To have a woman who has so much effect on me is terrifying. How she does these things to me remain as unanswered question. What I know is, I am enjoying my new life as a husband of Seo Joo Hyun. To say that I'm happy is an understatement.

 

I really should thank Jae for bringing up that brilliant idea. If not for that, I would have proposed a totally different thing and we will be far, far away from where we are now. Then, I would have missed out the chance to get to know her like this.

 

Suddenly, she moves in her sleep, mumbling something I cannot understand. Her pouty lips look so cute and totally kissable. The urge is building inside me to just taste those lips of hers.

 

Hhh, I'll just let her sleep a bit more. Since she always cooks breakfast for me, why don't I do the same? Just this once. Besides, how hard is it to make simple omelet rice? Tch.

*************************************************************************************

Sh1t, I'm in big trouble. My kitchen looks like it has been bombed or something. This is bad. Very bad, in fact.

 

Who says that cooking is a piece of cake? Was the cake in elephant size or what?! It's as hard as fishing in evaporated lake. In other words, it f.cking impossible to do! It took me 5 times to finally be able to crack an egg without dropping its content. A FREAKING EGG! I haven't even cooked the rice yet. How am I supposed to know how to do it exactly?

 

"Oppa?"

 

No!!!!

 

"What happened here? Did you fight with someone?!"

 

Not really. Just with stubborn, useless eggs.

 

"Ew! What was that?!" She looks down her feet and finds egg all over them. "Are these... How many did you use?"

 

"Umm...5...? 6...?"

 

She looks at me with are-you-kidding look which I reply with I-am-serious-as-hell look. Sighing, she walks towards me despite the yucky liquid substance under her feet.

 

"What were you trying to make?"

 

"Omurice"

 

"Mmmm" she ponders for a second before laughing hysterically. Her hands clutch on her stomach as her head tilts back. Huh? What's so funny about omurice?

 

"Fiuuuhh, okay. Ehm. Huuuhh"

 

"Something wrong?"

 

"The look on your face is priceless"

 

Damn, where is mirror when I need it?!

 

"You know what? Let me finish what you've started while you get ready for work. I don't want you to be late, okay?"

 

Well, I don't think I'll be any help for her. It's better for me to leave and shower than ruining what's supposed to be a romantic breakfast in bed. This has turned to be a disaster instead.

 

I give her a light kiss before turning on my heels and go to the bathroom. If I'm not mistaken, today will be a hard one. There are so many schedules I need to attend to. In addition, I gotta find someone to replace Hye Young, my secretary, since she'll move to Japan with her husband. That's one thing I dreaded the most. For days now, I have been interviewing so many young ladies who turned out to be complete . Why? How are they not when they come into my office, two buttons opened and bow a little too low until I can see their cleavage? Sheesh, they're so desperate for job or for men to screw them.

 

I just hope today is going to be better or I'll have to scold Hye Young for the millionth time.

************************************************************************************

When I get to the office, I am all smiles. My employees give me this surprised look once I went pass them because, well, they never really see me being so calm and happy. Yes, okay, I admit that I'm not the best boss in the world. And probably, I get mad quite lots of time. I don't do kind when it comes to work.

 

You see, this company was founded by 5 of us; me, Jaejoong, Junsu, Yoochun and Changmin. We have different roles here. Junsu is the nice, flirty boss. Jaejoong is this cynical yet charming. Yoochun is the quiet type and as long as the job is done correctly, he'll stay put, also he isn't so petty about smiling. Changmin is the cold, demanding boss. Thus I take the strict, unforgiving boss who wants things done perfectly. We fit the puzzle and create a balance. Unknown to many, though, I am nice to people around me. Even in the office. For example, Hye Young, my secretary. Then there is Ki Bum, our trusted lawyer. And so on and so forth. Bottom line is, I'm not as bad as how my employees think.

 

Today, I feel too good to notice little mishaps that they did. Moreover, I do think they deserve the credits for the good works that they delivered despite all the errors they made.

 

"Hey Yunho"

 

"Yea?" It's Junsu, with a perplexed look.

 

"Man, I thought they're kidding when they said you came with the brightest smile they've ever seen. Crazy dog bit you somewhere?"

 

"Haha, funny Junsu"

 

"Seriously, dude, you scare me out. Stop grinning for pete's sake!"

 

"Yunho!" Yoochun suddenly barges in, with the same look on his face. "Dude, you alright?"

 

"Why wouldn't I be?" What's with people and their assumptions of me being not well this morning?

 

Junsu and Yoochun exchange glances that I cannot understand. I don't know what is wrong with them, storming into my room with ridiculous questions.

 

"Hey guys, Kwon Boa is baaaaaack" the door swings open, revealing a short woman, jumping and pointing confidently at herself. We brighten up as soon as we see her. Kwon Boa, the only girl in our circle is finally back from her work in the US. She's been living there for a year, even missing my wedding because she couldn't take some days off. This is quite a shocker for us that she suddenly is here, in my office, without any announcement whatsoever beforehand.

 

Junsu eyes me warily, Yoochun shifts uncomfortably while I can only fake a grin. Sure, we are happy to see her. However, I know that my two friends here is remembering the event from a year ago, a day after Boa left.

 

Jaejoong, once, drunkenly confessed to all of us excluding this woman that he's madly in love with her. Like madly, truly, deeply in love with her since high school. We thought he's kidding but man, he was f.cking wasted. He could not even stand on his own two feet without falling. Let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter