Chapter 5

I do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Time stops when our eyes meet. Cho Kyu Hyun is standing a few feet away from me, his eyes burning in several emotions that I cannot read or I don't dare to. The way things ended between us was somehow unsettled. I remember the confusion and the pain after he called me. The worse thing is, I could not say anything. Because we're supposed to be just friends. No, we're not even friends. Our relationship should be in that of an Oppa and Dongsaeng, purely brother-sister love kind of thing.

 

After that happened, I never tried to find out about him nor that I ever listen to any news related to him. I chose to block my ears and my brain followed by not registering his name into my system whenever my friends decided to throw in things about him in the middle of our conversation. Always had I find other things to distract me momentarily.

 

Suddenly, I feel the hold in my hand tightens. Yunho's eyes meet with mine when I look up, a faint smile is on his face.

 

"Well, now that the stars are here, let's start the party!!" Hyoyeon jumps along with Yoona and Yuri. My mind still is blank. I can feel his eyes are still on me while I already look away towards my friends. My heart yells to them to do something comical, so that I can stop questioning the meaning behind his intense gaze.

 

"Let's eat first, I'm hungry"

 

"You're always hungry, Yoong"

 

"Shut up, kibum! I didn't ask for your opinion!"

 

"Guys, quit it! You're 21, why are you still bickering about little sh1ts?"

 

"Hae Oppa!"

 

"Hyung, don't start, please"

 

Minho massages his forehead, he is always the peacemaker in our gatherings. Whenever things got out of the line, he'll be the first jumping in and stop the madness. My jumbled mind is forgotten at the sight of them together, just like old times. God, I am blessed for having these guys in my life. They are the greatest distraction, the people who can cheer me up at my worst times. I take a look at the commotion for a while more before a pair of hands drags me to the side of the room.

 

"Joohyun, meet my sisters"

 

"Hi!" A petite, gorgeous girl greets me with such grace. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Good genes run in Jung's family.

 

"Hello"

 

"I'm Jessica Jung" I side-glance Yunho who has his eyes rolled back.

 

"Her name is Jung Soo Yeon"

 

"It's Jessica" she hisses and I shudder. This girl has power, I can tell.

 

"Sooyeon! Come here!" Tae Unnie suddenly calls, making her grunts a low "Why can't people understand that my name is Jessica?!"

 

I am more thrown by the fact that she knows Tae Unnie. How?

 

It seems like the Jung knows my family. All members except me and maybe Taemin o.O

 

"They went to high school together. Taeyeon was a scholar while Sooyeon was a...well, student. They've been friends since"

 

"Uh? Oh..." did he read my mind? This guy can do EVERYTHING, I am not kidding you!

 

"And that is Maknae, Jung Soo Jung" I divert my attention back to Yunho then to his little sister who's being surrounded by his fine (okay, they're more than fine!) friends.

 

"Su Oppa!!"

 

"Our little Soojungie is now so tall!"

 

"You said that to me yesterday too!"

 

"Well, you're still tall, so I'll say it again and again"

 

His friends are like Jungsoo Oppa's. No wonder why they hang out together =.=

 

"Soojung, here is--"

 

"Hey Unnie!" She smiles and I reply back. "I don't know what poor luck you have to marry my brother" she sighs dramatically. I hide my smile behind my hand.

 

"I suppose I will find out soon" from the corner of my eyes, I can see Yunho raise his eyebrows at me.

 

"Pray it'll never happen, Unnie" we laugh together as Yunho growls at his sister and me.

 

"Jung Yun Ho, seems like you're pawned. HAHAHAHAHA" what the heck? I thought this guy was cool. But then again, he hangs out with Hyukjae Oppa. This is expected.

 

"That's Kim Jae Joong, Kim Jun Su, and Park Yoo Chun" I nod to all of them. They grin at me and pull me into a bear hug. ADNBALKDASKD, what in the world is happening? It's me being sandwiched by handsome guys!!

 

"Let go" they all get away from me after hearing how cold and firm Yunho's tone is.

 

Ehm, I need to fan myself!!

 

What? It's not every day that I get to be hugged by 3 super gorgeous men!

 

"Tsh, I haven't even got to hug you yet"

 

Yea, but you kissed me already.

 

The kiss, the mind-blowing kiss. >////< Cheeks, don't go red! DON'T GO RED!!

 

"Where is Changmin?"

 

"There! By the dining table"

 

A very tall guy is munching his dumpling happily while talking to Kyu Hyun Oppa. I guess they know each other. Or even more. They look pretty close. Buddies? Why does everyone know everyone else here and I am the only one who knows NONE from the Jung side? *sigh*

 

"Noona!!! My Noonaaaaaa!!!" Unexpectedly, Taemin’s arms grab my neck and hold me in a tight lock.

 

Oxygen! Oxygen!!

 

"Tae--Min--Nie..."

 

"Oops! Sorry Noona, did I hurt you?" Damn it, he's using the puppy eyes on me. I always lose to that T.T

 

"Yow, yow, yow!! My Noona is here, yow!" Trust Sehun to make a grand entrance with embarrassing style. Today's theme? Hiphop!

 

"Shut up, Hun! Hey noona, wassup?" Jong In smirks coolly at me. If I haven't known him since his diaper-change days, I would have swooned at that. But no, I'm literally immune to his charm.

 

"Hey guys, long time no see" I hug all three of them then pinch Taemin cheeks just for the sake of it. He hates it when I treat him like a baby. He's my baby brother and he looks cute still, so for me it's okay. However, for the 19-years-old, it's considered unmanly. His eyes bulge out and his face turns red. "Noona"

 

"Wae?" I snap. This will work, I know.

 

"Nothing" hahahaha!

 

I feel a tug at my wrist. Oh!

 

"Anyways, meet my husband, Jung Yun Ho"

 

"Hey I'm Seo Tae Min" seriously Minnie, the I-am-tough-I-will-protect-my-Noona mask is not working.

 

"I'm King Jong in"

 

"I'm Oh Se Hun"

 

Guys, why are you trying so hard to be cool? It's a failure x_x

 

"Jung Yun Ho" he hides his amused smile upon looking at how the three guys send death threats from their eyes. If looks could kill, my husband will be gone by now. These kids surely know nothing about manners!

 

To make the awkward atmosphere go away, I quietly excuse the both of us then stand by the dining table. Peeking over the delicious looking foods is so much better than to have my brother and his troop pretending to be the toughest men in the world.

 

The foods all smell good. Does it sound conceited when I praise my own creation? Oh, who cares? I know I don't. As long as they taste good, I have rights to boost around about them, ALL THE TIME.

 

"Yah!! Minho!! That was my shrimp!!" I tilt my head then realize that my friends are just a few feet away from me. This might be a great chance for me to introduce my husband to them formally. Holding his hand, we move closer to where they are.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter