Chapter 10

I do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Yunho’s POV)

 

"You look stunning" I say to her once more when we hop off our car. I've been telling her that since she came out from our room, looking absolutely breathtaking.

 

"I told you the dress is beautiful" she whispers, mocking my complaints earlier about her dress. It's wonderful; I know. But the slit from her mid-thigh to her right ankle is kind of too much. I was against her wearing it, despite how great it looks on her. Yet again, Joohyun has her way to make me lose in the end.

 

"I love this part of the dress the most" I say, pointing at her smile. It's the most beautiful accessory of the night. Her smile can light up the world; my world, to be more exact.

 

"Aigoo, my husband is a smooth talker!"

 

"Just for you" I bring her hand to my lips, kissing it softly as I lead us towards the hall.

 

It's another gala held by my dad's friend. He asked me to come and bring Joohyun since he really wants to show her off. Believe me, my dad loves his daughter-in-law too much. I know exactly why; she is the whole package. The kind of woman that every parent of a son wants as daughter-in-law. She's smart, polite and very pretty. He was the one not liking the idea of me marrying someone I don't know and was the one who made an impossible deal with me in order for me to inherit his company. Then it changed drastically once he got the chance to exchange some talks with my wife.

 

He was cold towards the whole arrangement; heartlessly and selfishly ask me to have an agreement with him which I am still not ready to reveal to Joohyun. She'll be pissed.

 

No, she'll hate me. And I don't want to have that.

 

God, no. I cannot imagine how miserable I'll be if she ever finds out. That's why I intend to just keep it locked away. My dad probably forgot since he now dotes on her. While I am willing to hide it for forever if necessary.

 

Maybe, someday, I'll get the chance to tell her. The day when our relationship is strong enough to brave any storms out there.

 

Not now, though. Not yet.

 

"My dear!"

 

"Abeoji"

 

My train of thoughts get interrupted by my father's voice. Joohyun has slipped away from my arms to bow then hug my father.

 

"Oh Yunho, you came"

 

I snort. Of course I do.

 

"Abeoji" bowing curtly, I shake hands with him. Our relationship is always like this. We just drifted apart since I was in high school and the next thing I knew, I couldn't be that close to him anymore. Our conversation would mostly consist of business stuffs. He would call when something urgent came up. Whereas I did not bother to pick up the phone, dial his number and have a little chitchat with him.

 

"Where is Eommoni, Abeoji?"

 

"She's...oh, there! Come with me, dear" it surprises me still to see how affectionate my father is to Joohyun. My heart feels that small pang whenever I see this kind of scene. He's also very warm to Sooyeon and Soojung. I mean, I'm not being a sap here, but can't he treat me half as good for once? I'm not a freaking business asset!

 

Glancing at me, she gives an apologetic smile before following my dad. I sigh. It to be left alone in this boring event. I always dislike parties like these. Bulls fly around from every direction. I can't really differentiate who are or are not sincere. If they truly are nice or just kissing-.

 

"Yunho?" Turning on my heels, I spotted Jungsoo Hyung and Taeyeon-ssi behind me. Little Jihun is being really calm in his mother's arms.

 

"Oh, Hyung! Taeyeon ssi! Annyeonghaseyo"

 

"Yaaaaahhh, it's really nice to meet you here! Drop the formalities, would you?" He pats my back.

 

"Ah, ye, Hyung" I smile sheepishly.

 

"Yunho-ssi, are you here with Joohyun?"

 

"I am, actually. But my dad stole her away"

 

"Ah, I see"

 

She pouts. I feel her, alright. Her husband has to go around meet some people and most of the time, he'd ignore her unintentionally. I did that to Jessica a lot when I had no one but her to accompany me to one of these things. She was pretty mad about it, given how blunt and straightforward she is.

 

"Unnie! Oppa!" Joohyun comes back with a little jump and goes straight to embrace Taeyeon-ssi and Jungsoo Hyung. "Hey baby boy, how are you? Did you miss your aunt?" She kisses Jihun's cheeks and his lips. The little boy squeals (at least I think it is a squeal). "You're so cuteeee! Unnie, may I hold him?"

 

"Of course!"

 

"Hey, princess, can you stay with your sister-in-law for a while? I'll go meet some people and I know my Taeyeon isn't really comfortable with that. Keep her company, okay?"

 

Joohyun nods eagerly while his wife beams in thankfulness. After kissing his wife, he leaves us to greet some seemingly important people.

 

I should be doing just like that. But guess what? My wife in this dress is a gorgeous view. And it looks like I'm not the only one realizing that. When she was with Abeoji, I saw how some guys looked at her direction and stared at her. If not for my mind kept telling me to not make a scene, I would have punched them all. Damn it!

 

"Oppa, go and socialize if you need to. We'll be fine here, right Unnie?"

 

Taeyeon-ssi mumbles a yes, busy with her drink and food once her hands are free from holding Jihun.

 

"Nah, I'll just lurk around you all night"

 

"If you still have problem with my dress--"

 

"I don't. You look perfect. I am not in the mood to fake hospitality tonight"

 

"Oh... I get what you mean" she settles Jihun into more comfortable position, sighing as she does so. I guess she met someone who wasn't in her liking? Someone who just wanted something out of my father. Like always.

 

"Look who's here" I freeze. ! I know that voice! , , ! Not him!

 

"I'm sorry I don't seem to--"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter