Chapter 14

I do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun wakes up with a start, the sunlight that peeks through the opened window is too much for her. She grunts, shutting her eyes to block the blinding rays and turns sideways to find comfort from Yunho. She is, however, met by cold sheets; his side is empty. Sitting up as quickly as she can; Seohyun swears her heart is beating so hard it starts to hurt. By the way they left things hanging yesterday night, she is not sure that they are okay. Ever so quickly, she descends her bed and takes big steps to his work room. But once she opens the door, he is nowhere in sight.

 

"Oppa" she calls out, softly, shakily as she is unsure if he's still at the house. She had a plan, last night she made a plan that she is going to start this day right. She is going to talk to him, to make him understand where she is right now and where she will be in their relationship. She realizes she sounds ridiculous, probably even overreact but she has made up her mind that it is important for them. For Yunho to just stop putting his walls back up; because she is sure as hell that the longer they keep this on, they are going back to square one. Square freaking one; that defeaning square one and she does not want that. No.

 

"Oppa" determined this time, she calls out to him a little louder. She waits for a good five seconds to get him to reply but is met with frustrating silence instead.

 

Her heart sinks, knowing that he has probably gone off to work. So much for starting the day right, she thinks to herself. Limply, she walks to the kitchen to fix herself some breakfast. All the running she just did to find Jung Yunho proves to be too much for her stomach to digest.

 

When she gets to the kitchen, her eyes catch the oiece of paper on the counter top.

 

"Hey, I am sorry for taking off without telling you but you were in such a deep sleep I didn't have the heart to wake you. I gotta rush to the office, something urgent came up. I'll see you later.

 

Have a good day, Joohyun"

 

That's it. There is nothing else in the note that defines them as being okay. The note is awfully similar to the first email she ever received from the Jung Yun Ho. She did not even pry that much and that man has already start building his guards back up. Her heart lurches at that. How bad was it that Yunho is so scared of revisiting the event again? Sighing, she grabs a piece of sandwich that Yunho has left behind and walks towards her room to grab her phone.

 

"Hello...?"

 

"Hi" Seohyun breathes a sigh of relief. At least he is picking up her phone. Not that there is any reasons for him not to.

 

"Hey baby, you just woke up?"

 

"Are we okay, Oppa?"

 

There is a silence for a little while; silence that successfully makes her heart races two times faster. "Why aren't we?" He asks, his voice full with hesitation.

 

"Because of what happened yesterday...?"

 

"Joohyun..." He sighs. "I don't wanna talk about it, okay? We are good... But that, the thing you are curious about, has to be put behind us”

 

Seohyun slumps down on her bed. "We'll talk tonight. I missed you when I woke up”

 

She can hear another sigh coming out from Yunho. “I am sorry for leaving early and did not wake you.”

 

"It's okay" she says. "We'll talk later" hanging up on him, she heaves another long, heavy breath. She feels her chest constricted. She did not plan for this day to start like this. How did it go south so quickly? She just remember coming to his office, bawling like crazy, told him she knew about the accident, he was petrified but he held her. He held her through the night, so she thought everything was fine. She just asked one damn question, maybe being a bit pushy about it but she did not yell at him, did not shout at top of her lungs to tell her what happened back then and that is it. Yet Yunho is closing down on her already. God, I am just overreacting. I am such an emotional mess for no reason, she thinks to herself.

 

Standing up, she decides to just immerse herself in loads and loads of work until the night comes and she gets to see Yunho.

===============================================================================================================================================================

 

Yunho cruises along the rod with sweats running down his forehead. After the call, he feels guilty for taking off just like that in the morning. The truth is, he woke up in the middle of the night and saw Joohyun’s face peacefully sleeping next to him. And he knew then that he was ready to give everything to put a smile on her face. He wanted them to ride along this journey without any baggages left behind. So he was forming words, a series of event to explain to her about what happened. But that also meant he needed to remember how the accident happened, how panic he was when the brake did not work, how the lights of passing cars from opposite directions were blinding him and how painful it was when his body came in contact with shattered window glasses. The next thing he knew, he was puking violently on the toilet, emptying his stomach to the core. He remembered reaching out for a paper bag he had saved in case on of his episodes came back, trying to even out his breaths. The realization hit him hard that he has not gotten rid of the panic attacks; that the memories from the accident still haunts him to this day. And he doesn’t want Seohyun to see him in that state. So the first hing he does is driving off to see his shrink once again. After months of just checking in occasionally, he needs to be back there. And he loathes the fact that after all this time, he still cannot fight his own demons.

 

His car comes to a stop as he has reached his destination. The sight in front of him is an ugly reminder of how hard he was battling the trauma he had after that accident. He thought he was over it; but turns out that it’s not the case. With heavy steps, he brings his feet towards the building.

 

The scent of lavender fills out his nose as soon as he opens the door. One more thing he hates about this place because after umpteenth sessions, he associates lavender to his own traumatic ordeal.

 

“Good morning, Jung Yun Ho-ssi” the doctor smiles kindly as soon as he meets eyes with the nervous Yunho.

 

“Good morning, Doctor”

 

“Come, let’s talk in my room” and Yunho follows the older guys. “Please take a seat” and once again, Yunho obeys him. “So you said you had one of your episodes?”

 

He clears his throat. “Yes, last night”

 

“What triggered it?”

 

“I was... recalling the events. And they made me sick, I was light-headed, I ran out of breath and I felt... suffocated. I remembered the event...in detail. And it scared me. I am not over it, Doctor. Is it bad?”

 

“Well, I will not say it is something very serious, Yunho-ssi. You have not had any episodes in months. And you have done very well, being able to drive again without any attacks. But I told you that burying the memories is not entirely effective. What you have to do is to ride them, controlling them... So what we are going to do is for you to go back to therapy—“

 

“No. No. I cannot keep coming here— I — My wife does not know. And she cannot know of this unless I have gotten rid of the episodes— She cannot know!” Yunho is getting frantic, the possibility of her leaving him is too much too bear. He cannot be without her; he cannot breathe.

 

“Yunho-ssi, you have to breathe” Yunho feels his arms yanked with force. He closes his eyes and try to remember to in as much air as he can. “You are getting sensitive. You have two episodes in two days straight, that is a deterioration. She has to know, because obviously you need her to go through this. Believe me, let me talk to her if you are afraid of how she might think of you. We all have some demons to fight, Yunho-ssi”

 

Shaking his head, he says “No. She is—“

 

“Talk to her, try talking to her first about your past attacks. Tell her how you felt after the accident and see how she reacts. We’ll take it from there, then”

 

Absently, Yunho nods. Because for the first time in his life, he acknowledge the needs to put this behind him; really putting the end of it. And to get there, he knows that he needs her presence.

===============================================================================================================================================================

 

Seohyun arrives at the office much earlier than anyone expected. Her mother was not even in when she got there. Her assistant raised her eyebrows in cofusion as soon as Seohyun walked through the doors. Seohyun was never late, she is in fact always early, but never earlier than her mother. But the younger girl just got here and she has not even put her bag down when her boss comes in. In a hurry, she straightens her shirt and fixes her hair.

 

"Good morning, Sajangnim" she stands up, hurriedly bowing to her boss.

 

"Oh, Yeri-ah. Good morning" Seohyun flashes her sweet smile, as always. "Yeri-ah, I need you to do something for me, okay?"

 

"Ne, Sajangnim"

 

"I need you to forward any works I have. Just rain me in, okay?"

 

"Ne??"

 

"I need to work, Yeri. I need lots and lots of work" Seohyun declares firmly. The younger girl can only nod and excuse herself to list all the works that her boss needs to do.

 

Seohyun sighs and rest her head on the chair, she just needs things to distract her. She misses Yunho. She just wants to go to his arms and make sure that they are okag even of it means she has to swallow her curiousity in one painful gulp.

 

Few minutes later, Yeri comes Seohyun's work room with a piece of paper.

 

"These are the events that we need to follow up because they will be held soon. I have listed our progress so far. The trivial things are now being handled by the staffs, but dealing with the clients and also negotiafing with their higher managements are the things for you to do, Sajangnim. You will also have to meet a new client today, at 2 o'clock. She only wants you or your moth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter