14

Flight [HIATUS]

unbeta

-=====-

    14

-=====-

-

“Tell me the truth.” Siwon demanded after for the nth times Heechul seem avoiding him. It has been three months and Heechul's avoidance starts make him crazy aside his workload that seem never less.

A chill feeling ran on Heechul’s back, raising goosebumps on his smooth skin. Siwon never used that cold tone when he talked with him but today maybe the peak of his patience and Heechul understand that mostly his fault. He gulped nervously, “Let’s break up.” His voice not louder than a whisper but he’s sure Siwon was heard him if the response he got as indication.

“Are you serious? Why?”

“I’m serious, ajusshi. I only want to reset everything. This is my fault since beginning because I made a relationship with you when I know you’re my niece's fiancé, I snatched you away from her.”

“Since when you care about her? She or her family even never care about you, beside I’m not her fiancé. I had told you thousands time. That's only you who will be my fiancé and not her.” Siwon's voice rose a bit and honestly, that scared Heechul out now. “I’m going to your place now. Just wait and we’ll talk.”

“Ajushi, please…” He even didn’t understand why he pleading, his brain already half dead the moment he told Siwon his reason which was a big lie and now his brain was indeed dead when Siwon said he’ll come to his place. Heechul won’t be brave enough to face Siwon later, even talking with him on phone now already shattering a tiny courage he had painstakingly mustered since months ago.

“Tell me truth, Heechul.” That’s an order and Heechul understand he must complied or Siwon will exploded in anger but again his mind working in weird way when he kept told the lie, which resulted both of them argued over the same thing again and again.

“Do you love me ajusshi?” Heechul throw out his last weapon, hoping it will be enough to calming Siwon. And that’s enough because Siwon let out weak sigh and uttered ‘Yes, I love you so much.’ “So please, grant my wish. Come back to Jimi and continuing your engagement plan with her.”

“Why should I do that?”

“So I can live with my father without Daehwa disturbing us.” Heechul put a hand in front of his lips after the answer slipped out of his mouth.

“So, all of this about your father again and not only because I supposedly engaged with Jimi?”

Heechul felt his stomach churned uncomfortably. Despite Siwon relatively calm voice, he sensed Siwon’s sadness inside it and that torturing him. He prefer Siwon hate him than Siwon sad because of him and he’ll make Siwon hate him. “Yes, ajusshi. I do this for my father. I want my own happiness too, same like the other.”

“But you don’t care about my feeling. You’re so selfish, Heechul.”

“I am!” Heechul shouted. He started crying soundlessly, “I’m indeed selfish. I don’t care with your feeling because since beginning you’re not belong to me. It’s not hard for me to give everything I have as long as I get my father back and that including losing you.”

An eerie silence erupted after Heechul finished talking, his heart beating hard against his ribcage, waiting Siwon’s answer.

“Are you really Heechul that I know all this time?”

“Yes, ajusshi. I’m not changed, this is the real me.”

“If you say so. Goodbye, Kim Heechul. It’s nice to meet you and become your boyfriend although for the short time. I love you.” A long beeping sound indicated Siwon had cut off the phone line. Another hot tears falling from his doe eyes. “I love you too Ajusshi. I’m sorry.” If only Heechul knew what happened to Siwon after he closed his phone.

-======-

Daehwa couldn’t hiding his joy when Siwon called him and said he’ll continuing the engagement plan. Siwon offered the date and Daehwa agreeing immediately. With a heavy sigh, Siwon closed his phone. He didn’t want to engage with Jimi but he thought that was the only way for digging the truth since Heechul didn’t want tell him anything. A pair of soft hands landed on his shoulder. He looked up to the hands owner and the other gave an understanding smile. His healthy hand unconsciously caressing his other hand that bandaged, covering the wound under it, the result of him punching mirror and makes his room in a mess after he talked with Heechul and closed his phone. The wound gave a painful feeling but his heart hurt more. “Am I doing the right thing, umma?”

“No.” His mother replied, “But I’m sure you know what you do.” She caressed Siwon’s hair with love whilst Siwon’s eyelids close in own accord. She knew Siwon didn’t interested with Jimi, she also knew Siwon had someone else and she'll agree if Siwon cancel the engagement plan and chose to live with the person he loves, but she couldn’t hiding her shock when Siwon came to her house with bandaged hand, disheveled clothes and completely drunk and suddenly announced that he’ll engage with Jimi. She and her husband had tried to convince Siwon that he should rethink his decision; both of them fell in silent after the story about his lover spilled from Siwon’s mouth and his parents didn’t have choice except supporting Siwon with his decision.

“I hope so, umma. I love him so much. I don’t want to lose him.” Tears escaped from behind his closed eyelids.

“I know dear. I know.”

-======-

Jay fulfills his promise. As soon as Zhoumi had been strong enough, Heechul and his family moved to another country and this time, his father also come with him. Heechul supposedly happy but no, he’s beyond sad now. Smiles still blooming from his plump lips, but no longer sincere. The smile he gave for his family only for lessen their worry about his feeling. “As long as you can healthy again Mimi, I’ll endure any pain. And as long as I can be with my father, I’ll endure not having Siwon beside me although the pain is unbearable.” He murmured softly to a sleeping Zhoumi when he came to his room that night and he’ll keep his words. Jay knew but he pretend he didn’t know anything.

The news about Jimi’s engagement with Siwon spreading like a wildfire. Eventually reached Heechul’s ear. For the first time after they came to their new home, Heechul's crying. His heart aching, as if thousands of needle was stabbing it endlessly. His other family only watching from a far, knew well that Heechul need time alone and no one could calming him now except Siwon, but the older no longer beside him for offering comfort for Heechul, in fact, that man was the source of Heechul’s tears now.

Jay stood wordlessly, watching Heechul’s figure huddled in the corner of his room alone. A soft sobs that sometimes escaping from Heechul’s lips, slicing Jay’s heart. Hankyung chose to leave and took Henry with him since the boy never stop asking him why his uncle crying and Hankyung thought, it won’t wise enough for him if he told Henry about Heechul’s personal problem, not when Henry was too young for understanding adult's problems. Eventually, Heechul exhausted. He slept on the floor with puffy eyes and tears track on his flushed cheek. Slowly Jay picked him up and put him on bed. He closed the door and walked to veranda where Zhoumi had waited for him.

“Is this what you want Jay?” He questioning softly.

“No, but this is what should happen.”

 

 

 

-=TBC=-

 

 

A/N : Forgive me if this chapter still sad and maybe next chapter will still sad. Well, answering one of the questions, what am I doing back then when I put this story in hiatus? Well, I made new fanfiction and completing Turning Point, hehehe. I’m so sorry, but I’m the kind of writer when I’m not have inspiration for a story I rather to leave that story behind and focusing my attention to other story than pushed myself to make a new chapter when I myself not satisfied with the result. I’m indeed a bad writer, I’m sorry for making you wait for so long T-T

PS : I read all of your comment but I’m in hurry. I’ll reply all of your comment in next chapter. Thank you and I’m sorry.