CHAPTER 13

Missing Start

 

Dara politely left the Jung’s – rather the Lee’s residence after the tragic dinner. She, still, cannot believe it. Lee Donghae is the cold childhood friend of Jessica. Not that she can’t imagine that Donghae’s a cold guy, it’s just that, the world is so small for the three of them to meet each other, without knowing that the other party belongs to the other party’s past. Confusing. Maybe. Yes.

Drown in her thoughts; Dara didn’t notice that a man is quietly following her tracks. The man stares at the girl in front of him. He’s trying his best to analyze the features, and when it got in to him.

“Dara-ya!” He called her making the female jump in shock.

“Oh! Samcheon (Korean term for Uncle)!” she greeted in recognition.

“Where’d you go?” He asked.

“Ah. Went to Jessica’s house and had dinner with his father and the Lee’s.” She narrated.

“Lee’s? They’re back?!” The man asked, shock heard in his voice. Again, Dara got confused on the things happening to her surroundings. Mr. Kwon also knows the Lee’s?

“Ah. Yeah, they just got here. But, uh.. how’d you know them?” Dara asked, really curious on how possible it is that the people she knows in America knows each other, even before they know her? Ugh! It’s so tied up!

“Well. Jessica’s father (Seung Hyun), Me (Ji Ho) and Donghae’s father (Dong Woo) are actually childhood friends.” Mr. Kwon started off while Dara intentively listen while they walk their way home.

“We’re that close to one another that we all entered the same elementary, highschool, and even college. We do almost everything together. We did not lose communication even when we all graduated and had our own jobs. Not until when Dong Woo had a family and migrated here, we never had any news from him that time cause his departure was all so sudden. Same goes with Seung Hyun. He left our province to go to Seoul to find a job. After several years I had my own family and accidentally, I bumped into Seunghyun in the crazy road of Seoul City. We never expected it. But, his face, from glee, turned the other way around when he told me that DongWoo passed away. I can hardly remember the reason why because, that time, sadness overcomes my senses. After that, SeungHyun and I promised to keep in touch. We mourned for Dongwoo, even though his wake is not around since he died here in America. The rest is history, how Seunghyun met Dongwoo’s wife here and how I lived in the same neighborhood as well.” He smiles at the memories that refreshes as he narrates all of it to Dara. On the other hand, the girl was just simply amazed on how great life can be, to meet again after all that happened. They arrived at the gate as soon as Mr. Kwon finished his story. As they opened the door, they were greeted by the two figures who are currently enjoying watching NBA in their LED screen TV. A smile appeared into JiHo’s face when he saw his son and his fiancée enjoying each other’s company, and him being close enough to reach his fiancee’s niece.

“We’re home.” He decided to interrupt as soon as commercial aired on the television screen. His fiancée, SunMi immediately stood up and gave him a sweet kiss on the lips then hugged her niece afterwards.

“Have you eaten dinner yet?” SunMi asked the both of them. Dara nodded in response while he said no that earned him a playful smack from her and all of a sudden, he was dragged to the kitchen, leaving the two teens behind.

 

Jiyong looked at the couple’s figures entering the kitchen. He must really love her, and same goes with her. I hope they won’t be hurt. He can’t help but be happy for his father’s new found love. Though his father mourned a lot when his mother died, he still managed to be strong for him and guided him without any words. That’s why he is very thankful to him and the reason why he immediately accepted his fiancée, SunMi. Though he can’t still accept Dara - his childhood friend - who has forgotten about him in just the span of 8 years. Unbelievable, it is. He heaved a deep sigh. Maybe it’s also my fault.

“Oh. Are you alright, GD-ssi?” Dara suddenly asked as she saw him heave a deep, problematic sigh. Jiyong just glared at her then started walking towards his room.

“If there’s something that bothers you, you can tell it to me anytime.” Dara said in a concerned tone and gave him a friendly smile. Jiyong kept his poker face on though, deep inside, You’re still that friend of mine. And that girl who never fails to make me feel this breathless. He thought while holding onto his heart, feeling that fast beat of it.

 


A/N: There, the second one.. ;) How'd you find the revelation so far? HIHI. Please comment and continue anticipating~~~ Love Lots ^^ And, XOXO is so just,, UGH! EXO! ATLAST! :DD