Warning Warning 2/2

Missing Start

 

A/N: I AM BACK ! HOHO. Sorry for the late update :) DOUBLE UPDATE FOR EVERYONE! :) :)

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Come~ Daddy is in charge of cooking for tonight. You may want to join us for dinner?” Jessica offered Dara as she held her hand to the latter and pulled her to their house.

 

Jessica can’t be stopped from telling stories to Dara while they are walking, however Dara doesn’t bother. She likes it more if her company is talkative because it makes her feel that she is comfortable to be with.

 

“Know what? I remember someone from you.” Dara opened up when she sensed that Jessica has already ran out of stories to tell.

“Really? Is she as pretty as I am?” Jessica jokingly commented.

“Yep. But that someone is a ‘he’.  Well, I think you’ll make a good match, knowing that he is handsome and charming, just like you.” Dara said then winked at the younger which caused giggles escaped from their lips.

“Are we near yet?” Dara asked as a comfortable silence enveloped their surroundings. Both of them were walking hand in hand, just like all sisters do. Jessica looked at Dara’s way to check if she’s getting bored or something then answered with a smile.

“Nope. We’re almost there.”

 

As the two comes closer, strange emotions started to fill up Jessica’s system. Weird. She’s seriously bothered, especially when she saw a light coming from a window at the second storey of their house, which is located in the center, aligned with the front door. It was Aiden’s room. Her forehead knotted at the thought that crossed her mind. Could it be that he’s back? For good? She felt a ting of happiness in her heart, knowing the guy she has always like is back. However, realization hit her. No way he’s coming back. He asked her mother to move to Seoul for good because he does not like me. A bitter expression was clearly seen in her face and Dara actually noticed it.

 

“Jess, what’s wrong?”

“Ah. Nothing, nothing. Just.. ah. Imagining things? Hehe. Yeah. Just like that. Oh, come, we’re here.” She said and put up an awkward smile on her face.

 

 

Awkward. That’s what they all, five of them, felt while having their dinner. Expect the unexpected, it is. He was there, in front of her, eating his steak in pure silence, not forgetting to look up and glimpse at the other her at the dining table. Though the two elders kept on chatting, maybe to ease the tension, even a bit, awkwardness among the three teenagers, indeed, is very powerful that they just decided to shut up and finish the dinner immediately. Jessica is trembling while holding onto her knife, staring down at her un-moved steak. Different emotions piled up at once – nervousness, happiness, loneliness, madness, jealousy – that she accidentally loss her grip on the knife, making her ‘seatmate’, Dara, attend her.

 

“What’s the problem, Jessie?” Dara asked, full of worries as she saw Jessica’s not-so-fine-emotion-in-her-face. She noticed this as soon as they entered their house.

 

“DADDY~ I’M BACK!” Jessica screamed at the top of her lungs, thinking that her father might be at the kitchen, cooking dinner.

“No need to shout, Jessie. I’m at the living room.” Her father’s calm voice answered back. Jessica, excitedly, dragged her into the living room while speaking.

“Daddy, I brought a visitor!” Jessica said while leaping as we entered the living room. The smile on her face suddenly disappeared when she saw two other persons sitting at the couch. Dara followed her, only to see her friend from Korea.

“Donghae-ya!” Dara greeted with an excited voice and was welcomed with his hug. As soon as he released her from his hug, she heard Jessica’s hurt, questioning voice.

“Donghae-ya?” Dara was in shock when Mrs. Lee stood up and gave Jessica a bear hug. Confusion, is literally written in her face, same with Jessica, who managed to give the elder female a smile.

“Omona. My princess is all grown up! Aigoo. I missed you so much, Jessie~.” Mrs. Lee said while caressing her princess’ hair. “How long has it been? 7? 8 years?” She added with a giggle.

“Ne. I missed you too, eommeoni.” Jessica shortly but sweetly answered, forgetting about what she saw awhile ago.

“Mr.Jung must have taken care of you, a lot.” Mrs. Lee commented when she finally let go of her princess from her hug. “I know you’d really grow up this beautiful.” She said with a smile.

“Of course, I did. She’s my sole princess, isn’t it, Jessie?” Mr. Jung said as he came back with a pitcher of juice and glasses on a tray he brought from the kitchen. Jessica just giggled at her father’s remark.

“Ah. Eommeoni, how long are you gonna stay for your vacation here?” She suddenly asked.

“Vacation? Don’t you want me here for good?” Mrs. Lee teased.

“Ah. Not really. It’s just that. Opp- he said that he don’t want to be anywhere close to me, right?” Jessica silently asked while looking at his direction. They suddenly all tensed up as soon as Jessica said that sentence. Mrs. Lee immediately hugged her.

“Shh. We’re staying for good, princess. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding or something. Don’t worry yourself about it, alright? Yah! Donghae-ya! Won’t you greet Jessica? It’s not like you didn’t grew up together.” Mrs. Lee called for her son after comforting the hurt Jessica. Donghae just gave an unexplainable look and awkwardly spoke.

“Uh. Long time no see, SooYeon-ah.”

 

Dara held Jessica’s hand just to be weakly pushed away by the latter. She looked at her worriedly as she sat up straight and asked a question that made Donghae and her mother choke.

“Uhm.. When are we gonna leave this house, Mrs. Lee?” She asked in a straight face while looking at Donghae’s direction.