Ch. [09]

Never Too Late

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                     

Day 13.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t bother in knocking the door, he just stepped in and smiled when he found Hyukjae on the couch, looking up at him with a soft smile. “You’re here,” he said and stood up to receive him.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late,” Kyuhyun said, automatically wrapping his arm around Hyukjae’s waist to hug him gently. “The recording took too long…”

 

“It’s alright, Kyu,” Hyukjae said and smiled sweetly, leaning closer to kiss Kyuhyun’s cheek. “But Henry is asleep already. He played with Amber this afternoon and got exhausted…”

 

Kyuhyun nodded and smiled, leaning closer to steal a soft peck from Hyukjae’s lips. “It’s alright, did you eat?”

 

“You didn’t, right?” Hyukjae asked and nodded towards the kitchen. “Come on, I’ll cook something for you.”

 

Kyuhyun hummed and smiled, taking Hyukjae’s hand softly as the other pulled away to drag him to the kitchen. He looked at the smaller figure in front of him and sighed silently. Ever since the day before when he could finally see Hyukjae and Victoria together, he found out he liked being around Hyukjae even more than being with Victoria.

 

Not that he had to accept it yet. It was just in the back of his head.

 

Kyuhyun had to try to stay quiet because he knew his laughter was too loud and he would wake up Henry. He chuckled as he saw how Hyukjae complained about some students that were so stubborn and how Henry didn’t help him at all at school. It was fun, being with Hyukjae was fun and endearing. Kyuhyun thanked the heavens for such a relaxing and precious moments.

 

They were in the living room, Hyukjae was sitting on the floor reviewing some papers as he talked to Kyuhyun about funny anecdotes he had seen at school with the kids. “You have a lot of work…,” Kyuhyun commented, sitting by Hyukjae’s side and gently hugging his shoulders. “Can I help?”

 

Hyukjae turned towards Hyukjae and shook his head slightly, dedicating him a soft smile.”I’m fine Kyu, it’s late, sleep a little.”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and smiled back, leaning closer to kiss Hyukjae’s temple. “I’ll stay here, as moral support.” He laughed softly and nodded determined, looking at the watch on the wall and realizing it was past midnight already.  He wasn’t worried for himself, he was worried because he didn’t know when would Hyukjae finish everything.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Day 14.

 

The next time Kyuhyun was conscious of himself, he was on the couch, covered by a warm blanket. He rubbed his eyes and sat up, wondering how he got into that position and turning slightly to see Hyukjae still working with just a lamp. “Hyuk…,” he called with a hoarse voice.

 

Hyukjae looked up and smiled softly. “Kyu, it’s too early, do you have any schedule?”

 

Kyuhyun nodded slightly, remembering certain practice he had. “At seven, what time is it?”

 

Hyukjae looked at his watch and sighed softly. “You should be going, then, it’s six already.”

 

Kyuhyun widened his eyes and looked at Hyukjae. “You didn’t sleep at all?”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and shook his head. “I have some things to finish yet, but don’t worry, I’ll sleep later for a few hours.”

 

“Hyuk, are you sure? Don’t stress yourself so much…,” Kyuhyun said as he stood up and walked towards Hyukjae, bringing a hand up to caress his cheeks softly.

 

“Says the man who sometimes only sleeps two or one hour a day,” Hyukjae accused and shook his head. “Don’t worry Kyu, I’m fine.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed and pressed his forehead against Hyukjae’s. “I was supposed to stay up with you for moral support…”

 

Hyukjae grinned. “You snoring was enough for me to remind me I had to keep working, you wouldn’t allow me to sleep with such loudness anyway,” he laughed softly.

 

Kyuhyun pursed his lips and pouted. “Hyuk…,” he whined, failing at acting cute and only making Hyukjae laugh louder. He smiled for himself, proud of relieving some stress from Hyukjae. “I don’t snore that loudly…”

 

“That’s because you don’t listen to yourself, Kyu,” Hyukjae said with a playful grin that Kyuhyun had no other option but kiss.

 

Oh how much he loved kissing Hyukjae when the latter was this happy.

 

Hyukjae kissed back almost instantly, wrapping his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck before mumbling softly against his lips. “You have something to do, Kyuhyun…”

 

“Why do you ruin the perfect moment, Hyuk?” Kyuhyun chuckled softly and pecked Hyukjae’s lips gently before leaning up to kiss his forehead. “I’ll try to stop by in the afternoon, maybe we can eat together.”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely and nodded. “Let me know, then,” he said.

 

Kyuhyun hummed, kissing Hyukjae’s lips one more time before kissing his cheek. “Rest just for a while, Hyuk,” he said and Hyukjae just nodded.

 

“Take care and good luck,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun nodded, sighing softly.

 

“I’m leaving, then,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae nodded, smiling tenderly at him.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t remember taking too long to greet someone goodbye.

 

“It’s obviously because you didn’t want to leave,” Siwon said, looking at himself in the mirror as he fixed his suit.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and nodded in agreement, sighing as he rested his body against the wall. “I don’t think I’ll be able to visit him today… and he was so tired and busy… What if he’s not taking care of himself?”

 

Siwon looked at Kyuhyun and chuckled. “Did you call him already?”

 

Kyuhyun nodded. “I did, but he obviously told me he was fine and then I asked for Henry and the brat told me that Minho was taking good care of Hyuk and I just-” he groaned in frustration. “I want to go home…”

 

Siwon laughed softly and patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “Too bad you have schedules all day long, maybe you should trust Minho taking good care of them.”

 

Kyuhyun frowned and was about to snap back but closed his mouth again, looking at Siwon with a smirk in his face. “You have no schedules this afternoon…”

 

Siwon gasped and brought his hands up defensive. “Whatever you’re thinking, it’s a big-”

 

“Go take care of Hyuk,” Kyuhyun interrupted.

 

“-no- Seriously, do you even listen to me?” Siwon asked frustrated.

 

“Make sure he ate well and take him away from Minho,” Kyuhyun ordered and started arranging his belongings. “Also, you have to make him go to bed early because last night he didn’t sleep at all.”

 

Siwon groaned and flailed his arms. “Kyuhyun, I have a date.”

 

“Too bad,” Kyuhyun said and patted Siwon’s shoulder before passing by him. “Good luck and don’t look at him for too long or you’ll fall for him and I’ll have to kill you.”

 

Siwon simply gulped, because the way Kyuhyun was smiling at him oh so sweetly was making him a little scared.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Siwon sighed deeply as he held the bags with food in his hand. Kyuhyun didn’t ask him to feed Hyukjae and Henry, but he was sure he had to anyway.

 

He rang the bell and waited for a few seconds, turning around as he tried to not call so much attention, he could see girls already turning towards him and it was making him uncomfortable.

 

“Yes?” The door opened and Hyukjae gasped softly as soon as he saw who it was. “S-Siwon? It’s been a while,” he said with a tender smile and Siwon couldn’t help himself but smile back as softly.

 

“Hyuk, how come you don’t talk to me anymore?” Siwon asked and quickly hugged Hyukjae. “Ever since high school.”

 

Hyukjae laughed and shook his head, hugging Siwon back. “You were the one who bullied me, why would I call you?” he asked and Siwon laughed nervously, parting away to close the door behind him.

 

“Because I gave you my love when I realized you and my best friend were dating,” Siwon said and showed the bags of food to Hyukjae. “Kyuhyun can’t come and he sent me here in his representation. He told me you had a hard night so I bought you food,” he announced happily.

 

Hyukjae laughed and nodded. “I’ll call Henry, then,” he announced and pointed at his living room. “Please feel comfortable,” he said as he called Henry. “I was planning on baking a cake, since you’re here, what kind of cake would you like to eat?”

 

Siwon’s smile widened almost instantly. “VANILLA AND STRAWBERRY!”

 

Hyukjae laughed and nodded, opening his mouth to speak but closing it again when they heard a small noise before a loud scream. “SIWON HYUNG!”

 

“HENRY!” Siwon screamed back and leaned down to hug Henry tightly, lifting him up in his arms. “You’re so big now…”

 

Henry nodded eagerly and looked at him. “Hyung, I saw your interview yesterday, are you really planning on marry?”

 

Siwon laughed and shook his head. “No, I just had to say it.”

 

“I knew it!” Henry grinned widely and looked at Hyukjae. “See, mommy? I told you!”

 

Hyukjae laughed and nodded. “Alright boys, I’ll bake something, play around and don’t break anything, alright?”

 

Siwon and Henry nodded eagerly.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“How is everything there?” Kyuhyun asked from the other line as Siwon munched his cake happily.

 

“Did you finish your recording already?” Siwon asked instead, looking at his empty plate and grinning widely because Hyukjae replaced his slice of cake. He mouthed a happy ‘thank you’ before Hyukjae chuckled and nodded, pointing at the couch where Henry was sleeping, making him know he would take the boy to sleep after hours of playing.

 

“Not yet,” Kyuhyun groaned in annoyance and sighed deeply. “Did Hyukjae eat well?”

 

“Oh yes, I bought food and we ate together, then we played and now we’re going to sleep, Hyuk invited me to stay here because it was late and I don’t have schedules tomorrow,” Siwon said happily eating his other slice of cake. “And he baked me a cake!”

 

There were a few seconds of silence and Siwon could hear a low grunt. “Don’t get used to it, Siwon, all that is mine.”

 

“Oh no, I’ve decided to keep them,” Siwon nodded, even if Kyuhyun couldn’t see. “They’re too precious, I’ve decided to work for my father’s company, quit modeling, marry Hyukjae, adopt Henry and live happily ever after.”

 

“WHAT THE SIWON?! GO AWAY! THAT’S MY FAMILY!” Siwon wanted to laugh at how Kyuhyun was scolded in the other line.

 

“Not in a few weeks, Kyuhyun. I’ll start planning already,” Siwon said. “This cake is delicious. Too bad you won’t be able to taste it because he baked it for me~”

 

“Siwon- you-” Kyuhyun groaned and Siwon was sure he was already walking around the changing room.

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll have Victoria and I’ll let you visit from time to time,” Siwon said, nodding for himself as he saw Hyukjae come out from Henry’s room and he grinned widely. “Oh look! Here comes my future wife!” He exclaimed, loud enough for Hyukjae to hear.

 

By then, Siwon was sure Kyuhyun was enraged. “SIWON YOU ING- IS THAT HYUKJAE LAUGHING?!”

 

Siwon laughed softly and hummed. “Do you want to talk to him?” he asked and walked towards Hyukjae passing the phone to him.

 

“Kyu?” Hyukjae called lovingly and Kyuhyun smiled instantly in the other line.

 

“Hyukkie,” Kyuhyun called lovingly. “Stay away from Siwon, that man is up to no good,” he warned.

 

“Ah yes, he told me he would marry me,” Hyukjae laughed softly and Kyuhyun gasped in the other line.

 

“You’re not supposed to be having fun with it!” Kyuhyun almost screamed. “Hyukjae!”

 

Hyukjae laughed loudly as Siwon put the speaker. “But he’s really nice to me, he brought food and played with Henry.”

 

“We’re getting married in a month, you’re invited,” Siwon joked. “Oh wait, I think you’ll be the best man, actually…”

 

“CHOI ING SIWON! GO ING AWAY FROM MY WIFE YOU-”

 

Siwon laughed loudly as the line was cut and he laughed even louder when Hyukjae laughed along with him. “He’ll give me one or two punches when I see him later…,” Siwon commented.

 

“I’ll take care of you if he does, then,” Hyukjae laughed softly. “I prepared your bed, you should sleep early now that you can,” he said gently and Siwon grinned widely, nodding.

 

“Thank you,” Siwon said serious, standing up and holding Hyukjae’s shoulder, making the other look up at him confused. “Hyuk, you’re amazing. Kyuhyun is an idiot letting you go like this. He’s stupid and it’s his entire fault. You’re perfect and believe me, if I could, I wouldn’t doubt at all before marrying you. So keep being amazing, because you’re one small light in everyone’s darkness.”

 

Hyukjae blushed softly and nodded, smiling because Siwon was being strangely sincere and sweet. “Says the man who pushed me into a locker in middle school.”

 

Siwon laughed and kissed Hyukjae’s forehead. “A handsome and hot man, must I say,” he grinned widely. “You’re perfect Hyuk.” He said one last time before smiling sweetly at him, turning around to go sleep already. “And thank you for the cake~ It was delicious~”

 

Hyukjae could only smile softly, looking at Siwon before chuckling for himself and walking to his own room as well.

                     

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                         




A/N: Fic requested by leehyosonn.

I'm so sorry for such horribly late update-

You're all allowed to kick me and scold me and yell at me-

Hope you all enjoy!

I love youuuu! ♥