Ch. [02]

Never Too Late
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                    
Day 1.
             
“Are you sure of this Kyuhyun?” Siwon asked as he read the magazine he recently worked for, fixed himself comfortable in the leather couch of Kyuhyun’s apartment. “I mean, isn’t Hyukjae a really good guy and also he’s the mother of your son, are you sure you want to leave him for Victoria?” he asked now looking at Kyuhyun, observing every gesture the younger did.
             
“I am,” Kyuhyun answered and Siwon shook his head in disagreement, clicking his tongue softly.
              
“I just hope you won’t regret it,” Siwon said sincerely. “He’s pretty, probably prettiest than Victoria, and he was the one who always supported you ever since you were just a trainee, have you seriously thought about this deeply?”
              
Kyuhyun frowned and threw a cushion towards his best friend. “I did, now shut up Siwon,” he hissed annoyed. “I brought you to help me with my clothes, not hearing you nagging about my personal life,” he said crossing his arms over his chest.
              
Siwon sighed. “Fine, fine,” he gave up, leaving the magazine in the couch and standing up. “Where are you going then?” he asked.
              
Kyuhyun sighed deeply. “I just thought a dinner would be nice, I’ll take him to an expensive restaurant, I think I never actually took him to one before…,” he wondered out loud. “I always took him to cheap places because that’s what I could afford; maybe it’s time to be a little grateful right?”
               
“That doesn’t make sense!” Siwon exclaimed. “You promised to treat him as when you just got married! Then you should take him to the places where you used to go!” he said, and Kyuhyun had to admit, it was logic.
              
“I can’t risk myself to someone recognizing me Siwon, I prefer going somewhere where there would be not many people…,” Kyuhyun reasoned it out and Siwon finally sighed, giving up and fixing Kyuhyun’ coat.
              
“Kyuhyun,” Siwon called and Kyuhyun just hummed, feeling a little nervous because it’s been ages since he and Hyukjae went out together. “If you’re leaving Hyukjae, can I marry him after?” Siwon asked and Kyuhyun felt his blood suddenly boil.
              
“What the hell are you talking about?” Kyuhyun asked frowning deeply, clearly against the idea.
              
“Well, since he will be all alone from now on, I think I might take a chance, seriously, I’m still not sure why you’re doing this but I wouldn’t let him go if he were mine,” Siwon said, not even affected by Kyuhyun’s death glare.
              
“Don’t dare to even appear in front of him,” Kyuhyun warned and Siwon rolled his eyes.
             
“I could even adopt Henry, the boy is a genius! Who wouldn’t want him as a son?” Siwon said with a playful smile.
             
“Don’t you dare to around my family Siwon,” Kyuhyun threatened. 
              
“Whatever Kyuhyun,” Siwon said, throwing himself in the couch and inspecting Kyuhyun’s clothes. “I guess you’re fine now, what time are you going to pick him up?” he asked and Kyuhyun looked at his watch.
              
“In half an hour,” Kyuhyun said breathing in and out deeply. “I think I should be going now,” he closed his eyes and sighed. “Wish me luck,” he said walking to the door.
              
“You don’t need luck, you have way too much and you’re wasting it!” Siwon exclaimed as Kyuhyun went out. He sighed and looked around, wondering what he could do now that he was left alone in Kyuhyun’s apartment.
              
At the end he just decided to go through Kyuhyun’s stuff.
             

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

             
“Mommy, you look really pretty! Daddy will fall in love with you all over again!” Henry exclaimed as Hyukjae tied his shoe strings.
              
Hyukjae chuckled. “We’re just having dinner together Henry, not really dating, I already explained it to you,” he repeated softly.
              
Henry pouted. “But still…,” he whined and pursed his lips in annoyance when Hyukjae threw him that glare that made him shut up.
              
Hyukjae heard the bell rang and he stood up from his seat. “It must be Minho,” he said as he extended his hand for Henry to grab.
              
Henry smiled and let himself being dragged by Hyukjae towards the living room. “Mommy, can’t I go with you?” he asked pouting lightly and Hyukjae smiled at him softly.
              
“I’m sorry baby, I assure you that tomorrow we will go to the zoo okay?” Hyukjae asked pecking Henry’s cheek and the boy nodded furiously.
              
“Will dad come with us?” Henry asked hopeful and Hyukjae smiled weakly.
              
“I’ll let him know, but you know daddy can’t be seen in such places…,” Hyukjae said and Henry’s smile faded away quickly. 
              
Henry simply nodded but smiled after Hyukjae gave him a soft kiss in his forehead and went to open the door. “Minho,” he called when he spotted the tall man in front of him.
              
Minho blushed furiously, looking away from Hyukjae and scratching his nape in an attempt to be a little more normal. “Y-You look really, really pretty today…,” he mumbled looking everywhere but Hyukjae.
              
Hyukjae giggled. “Thank you, that was the intention,” he said opening the door wider. “Come on, would you like to drink something before leaving?” he asked politely as Minho made his way to the living room where Henry was waiting.
              
“I-I would love to,” Minho said with a warm smile that Hyukjae returned.
              
“Sit down then, I’ll get you both something cold okay?” Hyukjae asked and both, Henry and Minho nodded.
              
As soon as Hyukjae was out of sight, Minho threw himself to the couch and sighed deeply. “Mommy looks really beautiful today, right hyung?” Henry asked, obviously noticing Minho had something for his mom and already thinking on how to use it on his favor. “I know you like him…”
              
Minho gasped. “Don’t tell him!” he hissed, glancing to the kitchen and sighing in relief because probably Hyukjae didn’t hear.
             
Henry grinned. “Mommy has daddy…,” he said and he grinned wider when he saw Minho’s face fell.
             
“I know…,” Minho said, throwing his body in the couch. “And seriously, I wish happiness for them…,” he said sighing deeply and Henry couldn’t help but already think on a plan.
             
“Hyung… I think I need your help…,” Henry said and Minho turned to him with a confused look, but he didn’t ask because Hyukjae came with two glasses of lemonade in his hands and gave one to each.
             
“What were you talking about?” Hyukjae asked sitting in the couch next to Henry and the kid automatically leaned his small body against his mother’s.
             
“About how beautiful you look today mommy,” Henry said and Hyukjae giggled, giving a soft peck in his hair.
             
“Then talk a lot,” Hyukjae said, dedicating a dazzling smile to Minho who just smiled idiotically.
             
The doorbell rang again and Hyukjae looked at the watch hanging from the wall. “I think that’s Kyuhyun,” he said smiling softly and standing up towards the door.
             
Minho stood up as well, because even after meeting Kyuhyun for a few times already, it was still overwhelming to face a super star like him.
             
Hyukjae opened the door revealing a stunning Kyuhyun with dark shades and a dark blue jacket that made him look like a model going out from the runway. Probably it was like that. “Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae called smiling softly.
             
“Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun smiled back, taking off his shades because he wanted to see Hyukjae better. He smiled wider when he felt like Hyukjae was surrounded by a celestial light that made him look so beautiful and perfect. But Hyukjae was always like that.
             
“Daddy!” Henry came running and quickly clung into Kyuhyun who quickly lifted him up.
             
“Henry!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, noticing he had missed his son so much already. “Baby, how have you been? You’re taller than the last time I met you.”
             
Henry grinned. “Mommy always gives me milk so I can grow as tall as you!” he said and dedicated a huge smile to Hyukjae. “He says I’ll be just as handsome!”
              
Kyuhyun laughed. “Maybe you’ll get even more handsome than me Henry,” he said and he saw how Hyukjae was smiling softly at the scene and he became astonished, looking at Hyukjae’s smile had been always really hypnotizing.
             
But the sight didn’t last long as Hyukjae turned around after someone cleared his throat and he frowned. Just who dared to take away his little piece of happiness? “I think we should be leaving now Henry,” Minho said smiling shyly at Hyukjae who smiled back.
              
“Be careful on your way,” Hyukjae said nodding softly.
             
“Minho…,” Kyuhyun called gritting his teeth, because he never really liked the guy who worked along with Hyukjae in the kindergarten.
             
“Kyuhyun-shi,” Minho bowed softly. “It’s been a long time, I bought three copies of your last album,” he said with a shy smile that Kyuhyun hated so much. Okay, Kyuhyun hated everything about Minho.
             
“Thank you,” Kyuhyun said even if he didn’t really mean it.
             
“Daddy, why can’t I go with you?” Henry whined and Kyuhyun turned his attention to the boy in his arms.
             
“Sorry baby, but they don’t like kids in this place,” Kyuhyun explained and Henry pouted.
             
“Mommy said he would take me to the zoo tomorrow! Will you come?” Henry asked again with huge and hopeful eyes.
             
Hyukjae gave Kyuhyun an apologetic smile and Kyuhyun sighed. “Sorry Henry, but you know I can’t be seen in such places…,” he explained softly. “Maybe we could-”
             
“Okay… I understand…,” Henry sighed deeply and nudged Kyuhyun to take him down.
             
Kyuhyun smiled apologetically at his son as he lowered him down to the floor and the kid then walked towards Hyukjae, no one actually noticed there was a slight smirk in the kid’s face.
             
“But Mommy, if daddy can’t come, Minho hyung will right?” he asked looking up because he knew no one could resist those eyes. “Right Minho hyung?” he asked now looking up at Minho.
             
Hyukjae smiled. “If he wants of course he can come with us,” he said looking at Minho who smiled dreamily and Kyuhyun felt like killing someone.
             
“I would love-”
             
“Okay, I’ll go,” Kyuhyun hissed out, hating how he suddenly fell into a second plane because of Minho.
             
Hyukjae looked at him surprised. “But Kyuhyun, won’t you have troubles if someone recognizes you?” he asked truly concerned. Of course he would have troubles, but he didn’t want Minho too close to his family.
             
“It’s okay, I can deal with them,” Kyuhyun said and he loved to see Henry’s and Hyukjae’s smiles together.
             
“Yay! Daddy will come!” Henry squealed while Hyukjae mouthed him a ‘thank you’. “Minho hyung! Let’s go already! Amber is waiting!” Henry hurried the other, tugging on his shirt and pulling him towards the door. “Bye mommy! Bye daddy!” he greeted goodbye pecking both their cheeks.
             
“Be a good boy Henry,” Hyukjae said as Minho could only bow at them because Henry was pulling him towards the car already.
             
Finally they left and Kyuhyun and Hyukjae stood in an awkward silence. “We should get going,” Kyuhyun finally said and Hyukjae nodded weakly.
             
“You don’t really have to come tomorrow, I will tell Henry something came up,” Hyukjae said once they were in Kyuhyun’s luxurious car which Hyukjae had never driven.
             
“I’ll come,” Kyuhyun assured giving Hyukjae a small smile that made the other smile back.
             
“Thanks,” Hyukjae said sincerely.
             
“You have nothing to thank me,” Kyuhyun said focusing on the road. “He’s my son, of course I want to make him happy,” he continued and stopped in a red light. “And I also promised to treat you well in this month.”
             
Hyukjae’s smile faded; of course Kyuhyun was doing that just for the divorce. “Thank you anyways,” he said before turning to the window and looking the people pass and Kyuhyun just hummed in response.
             
The dinner proved to be extremely awkward, partly because Hyukjae didn’t know what to do with such expensive and strange food and also because they had nothing to talk about in such a calm environment.
             
“Henry seems to be really close to Minho now,” Kyuhyun commented dedicating himself to his plate.
             
Hyukjae looked up and nodded even if Kyuhyun wasn’t looking at him. “He takes care of Henry when I’m busy,” he said. “And Henry loves him too.”
             
Kyuhyun frowned and looked up at Hyukjae. “Aren’t they spending too much time together? Everyone would think Minho’s the father,” he commented and he didn’t want to accept he was a little scared about that.
             
Hyukjae chuckled. “It could be like that,” he said. “But no one will ever replace you,” he assured with a warm smile.
             
Kyuhyun simply nodded. “You haven’t eaten anything yet,” he said trying to hide the fact that he was worried for the other.
             
Hyukjae blushed and looked down. “I-I…,” he bit his lower lip and Kyuhyun chuckled at his pink cheeks. “I don’t even know how to eat this,” he confessed and Kyuhyun laughed softly.
             
The dinner wasn’t as smooth as Kyuhyun thought it would be, but definitely it was special. Just like everything Hyukjae was involved in.
             
The drive back home was even more awkward because Hyukjae looked pass the window in silence until they reached their home. “I’ll come by tomorrow morning,” Kyuhyun announced parking the car outside.
             
Hyukjae turned around and nodded. “We’ll wait for you then,” he said. “I’ll be going inside now,” he announced after a few seconds of silence.
             
Kyuhyun wanted to grab Hyukjae’s wrist and tell him that he was sorry, that he should have been a better husband and father, that Hyukjae had to spend such hard time raising Henry with an almost absent father. He wanted to let the other know that he was sorry for cheating on him so openly. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” he simply said as Hyukjae nodded.
             
“Be careful in your way… home…,” Hyukjae smiled at him.
             
Kyuhyun nodded and as soon as Hyukjae was out, he drove off, not wanting to confuse himself even more.
            

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

            
As soon as Kyuhyun stepped inside his apartment, he frowned deeply at Siwon who was literally spread all over his couch with beers and food in the small table in front of him.
             
He could have kicked him out of the way and yell at his best friend if it weren’t for the photo albums lying in the table’s side as well. He hadn’t seen them in a long time already and he smiled unconsciously as he lifted one of them and saw himself hugging Hyukjae. He remembered it was at that time that they just knew Hyukjae was pregnant and Kyuhyun just couldn’t be happier.
             
Turning the page, Kyuhyun smiled warmly at the image of Hyukjae with a huge belly and Kyuhyun kissing him softly. There was a warm feeling inside him as he passed through the pages, watching Hyukjae with a small baby in his arms in a hospital bed and himself kissing the other’s temple lovingly.
             
And then there were Henry’s first steps, Henry’s first doodles and Hyukjae now being alone in the pictures with Henry in his arms because Kyuhyun was busy recording a song when Henry said his first ‘Daddy’.
             
A guilty and soft smile plastered in Kyuhyun’s lips as he shut the album closed. He wasn’t going to be able to see it anymore without letting go a tear. 
             
He was losing so much.
                    

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•




                       
A/N: Fic requested by leehyosonn.

Hope you all enjoy!
I'm so sorry this took too long! everything takes too long now! 
I promise you to update my fics (any of them) at least three times a week from now on. u.u
It's a promise I making with you.
I love youuuu! ♥