Ch. [03]

Never Too Late

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                     

Day 2.

 

Kyuhyun had to cancel a recording he had for the morning and postpone it until midnight because there was no way he would lose a chance to be with his only son.

 

He knocked the door and smiled because at least Minho wasn’t there and Hyukjae was smiling brightly at him. “Here,” Hyukjae said putting on a hat on his head and shades. “I also got you a scarf,” he sang and put it on before taking his hand and dragging him inside.

 

“Thanks,” Kyuhyun said sincerely. “Though I’ll be hot after a few hours…,” he said looking around for Henry.

 

Hyukjae giggled. “You’re hot anyways,” he said and dedicated Kyuhyun a soft and playful smile. “Henry!” he then called, not letting Kyuhyun reply to his comment. “Come greet your dad!”

 

It was just a second before Henry ran down the stairs and clang on his father like a koala, smiling brightly. “Dad! You came!” he chirped happily.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Why? You thought I wouldn’t?” he asked and Henry nodded.

 

“I actually thought so,” Henry said and Kyuhyun pouted.

 

“What kind of son doesn’t believe in his father?” Kyuhyun asked faking hurt.

 

“Me,” Henry answered and Hyukjae giggled.

 

“Ok guys, let’s go so we’ll have time to visit the penguins,” Hyukjae said and Henry’s smile only grew bigger.

 

“Yes! Penguins!” Henry yelled happily, clinging down Kyuhyun only to run to the car.

 

“Thanks for coming Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae said when they were left alone in the house, Henry waiting outside.

 

Kyuhyun smiled and looked at Hyukjae. “I promised Henry,” he said and he could actually see the disappointment in Hyukjae’s eyes. “Hyuk-”

 

“Let’s get going then,” Hyukjae smiled brightly and pushed him out of the door.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and nodded, going to Hyukjae’s car because fans could recognize his.

 

As soon as they arrived to the zoo, Henry went out almost running, pulling Kyuhyun’s hand out of the car. “Dad! Hurry! We lost too much time already!” he whined as Kyuhyun chuckled amused and just followed behind, the glasses and the scarf were doing an excellent job.

 

Kyuhyun turned back and saw Hyukjae carrying their things. He chuckled and stopped. “Henry, here, take the money and buy the tickets, I’ll help your mom,” he said and Henry smiled widely.

 

“Yes daddy!” Henry said taking the money and running to the entrance.

 

Kyuhyun walked back and took some of the bags Hyukjae was carrying on his shoulder. “You’re not even that strong Hyukjae, don’t over work yourself,” he said and Hyukjae looked at him with a soft expression.

 

“Kyuhyun, you’re exaggerating, this is nothing,” Hyukjae said shaking his head but allowing Kyuhyun to carry most of the stuff. “And I am strong, you just haven’t noticed yet.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, even when the shades blocked his eyes. “Yeah sure…,” he said chuckling and Hyukjae pouted lightly before looking at Henry who was waiting for them in the entrance.

 

As soon as they walked in, they had to run to catch up with Henry and leave all their things in their own small table that Kyuhyun rented for the whole day. But then Henry took both their hands and they smiled at the small kid.

 

Kyuhyun looked up through his shades and smiled brighter because Hyukjae was smiling gently, happily, how much he had missed that smile in all those years.

 

“Let’s go see the lions!” Henry exclaimed dragging them both and smiling brightly.

 

They looked at each other and dedicated a gentle smile before looking at the front for them not to step on something and fall down.

 

Henry stood there amazed, pointing at the biggest lion he could see. “Dad! Did you know the color of the mane means how old the lion is?” He asked looking up at Kyuhyun.

 

“Really? How is it?” Kyuhyun asked smiling gently.

 

“Yes, the darker, the older,” Henry said nodding for himself, being proud because he had read a book about African lions before.

 

Kyuhyun leaned down and smiled widely. “And did you know lionesses prefer darker manes?” he asked and lowered his shades to wink at Henry.

 

“Ohh…,” Henry nodded amazed. He always read a lot, but the things he didn’t know, his parents did.

 

Hyukjae also leaned down and dedicated a soft smile to Kyuhyun before looking at Henry. “And did you know lionesses are better hunters? They do it for pride,” he said and Henry looked at him and nodded impressed.

 

“Yes, but lions defend the territory,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae chuckled.

 

“That’s what they get to eat first,” Hyukjae chuckled and Henry grinned widely.

 

There were only two people he knew that actually had more knowledge than him and those were his parents. He thought he had read lots of books already to beat them and tell them new things all the time, but they both seemed always too ahead from him and surprised him with new facts.

 

“But they seem lazy…,” Henry said as he saw the lion sleeping and yawning under a tree’s shadow.

 

“Lions sleep about twenty hours a day Henry,” Hyukjae said and grinned widely. “Wouldn’t you like to be one?” he asked and Henry nodded excitedly.

 

“Ah look Henry!” Kyuhyun exclaimed excited pointing a bigger lion walking around with stains all over his body.

 

Henry tilted his head in confusion. “That’s a… ummm…”

 

“A liger,” Hyukjae answered and Kyuhyun dedicated him that wide and childish smile.

 

“A, what?” Henry asked confused.

 

“Liger, it’s a hybrid, its parents are a lion and a tiger,” Kyuhyun explained and Henry gasped excitedly, looking at the huge animal walking around. “If it’s a female, then it would be called tigon,” he said and Henry nodded excited. How much he liked to go out with both his parents.

 

“There are also leopons and jaglions,” Hyukjae laughed. “There are strange combinations in nature.”

 

Henry absorbed every word he was told. He would later ask his mother to buy him more books about animals.

 

“Oh, let’s go see the crocodiles!” Kyuhyun yelled excited and Henry grinned widely.

 

Henry ran towards the other side while Hyukjae and Kyuhyun looked at each other and walked calmly side by side. “You remembered the documental,” Kyuhyun said softly, almost in a whisper as he looked at Henry waving at them already in front of the crocodiles.

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun and smiled. “There was nothing else to watch,” he said gently. “And we were really bored…”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “I still had fun though…,” he said softly and Hyukjae had no time to answer as they arrived there and Henry showed them the bigger one. But Hyukjae smiled for himself, feeling those butterflies in his stomach all over again.

 

It was after midday that Henry whined about being hungry, watching all the animals eating but not him.

 

Hyukjae laughed and took Henry’s hand to take him to their table, with Kyuhyun following just aside of them. “Aren’t you hot?” Hyukjae asked looking at Kyuhyun that was sweating with the scarf, the cap and the shades.

 

“I’m fine…,” Kyuhyun said smiling softly and as soon as they reached their table and Henry started devouring the food, Hyukjae gave Kyuhyun a cold bottle filled with water.

 

“You should go to the bathroom and refresh Kyuhyun, it’s really hot in here and you look uncomfortable,” Hyukjae said worried, sitting down by Kyuhyun’s side.

 

Kyuhyun smiled gently. “I’m fine,” he said, this time for real.

 

Hyukjae sighed and nodded, handing him a tuna sandwich because he knew Kyuhyun loved it.

 

Kyuhyun grinned as soon as he got his food and ate it quickly, fighting against Henry to see who got the last one.

 

Hyukjae could only look at them amazed, thanking the heavens he got his own lunch because he already knew what would happen.

                     

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                     

“I’m sleepy now…,” Kyuhyun whined as they walked to where the penguins were.

 

“You shouldn’t have eaten so much Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae laughed and rubbed his back gently.

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “Yeah, but I won,” he said and Henry pouted as he looked up.

 

“It’s okay, mommy can make more for me, he always does whenever Minho hyung comes home,” Henry said with a soft smirk and he liked to see how Kyuhyun pursed his lips in irritation.

 

“He can make them for me too,” Kyuhyun retorted annoyed. Minho shouldn’t come up in the conversation.

 

“Hurry up then dad, you have just a few days for that,” Henry said and laughed, making Hyukjae smile sadly, because even Henry was conscious of why Kyuhyun was being with them the whole month.

 

Kyuhyun clenched his fists tightly, frowning behind his shades. “You’re too smart Henry, go shower with the penguins already,” he said and Henry stuck his tongue out before running to the penguins and asking the one in charge how much it was to swim with them.

 

Hyukjae giggled softly. “I’ll tell Victoria how to make them Kyuhyun, don’t worry,” he said and Kyuhyun pouted softly, not liking the way their conversations lead to other people.

 

“It’s okay, she doesn’t have time to cook,” Kyuhyun said and grabbed Hyukjae’s hand, dragging him towards where Henry was waiting for them.

 

Hyukjae blushed. It has been so long since the last time they held hands and now Kyuhyun was holding his firmly, as if not wanting to let go. He smiled gently and followed, biting his lower lip because he didn’t want anyone to see how happy he was by such simple act.

 

Kyuhyun held his hand gently all the time while Henry splashed water with the penguins, laughing loudly and trying to catch one but failing because other kids were faster than him. He pouted and just targeted the laziest one far from all.

 

Hyukjae smiled and he blushed when Kyuhyun interlaced their fingers together, his head looking at Henry with a bright smile.

 

Hyukjae looked down and smiled widely, squeezing Kyuhyun’s hand gently and receiving a squeeze back.

 

They looked at Henry, who was greeting them excitedly and they waved back at him with their free hands.

 

They had to let go eventually and Kyuhyun swore he would hold Hyukjae’s hand more often from then on because it was the nicest feeling he remembered. They looked at Henry who was trembling lightly and Hyukjae helped him change into clean clothes as Kyuhyun laughed at him, telling him that now he actually looked like a penguin.

 

It was already darkening when they arrived to their home and Henry was sleeping in the back seat.

 

Kyuhyun carried Henry while Hyukjae opened the door and they both walked inside, leaving Henry on his bed.

 

“He has grown quite a lot…,” Kyuhyun commented going out of Henry’s room, closing the door behind him and walking to the kitchen counter where Hyukjae was preparing tea for him.

 

“Isn’t that great?” Hyukjae asked handing Kyuhyun a cup and taking away his cap and shades. “You don’t need these anymore…”

 

Kyuhyun smiled, finally being able to look at Hyukjae’s smiling face perfectly. “It’s been a while since we last talked…,” he said, allowing Hyukjae to also take the scarf around his neck away.

 

“It’s been a while since the last time we even met each other like this Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae laughed, putting everything over the counter. “I hope you can have many happy moments with her too, you deserve it.”

 

And Kyuhyun could only look at Hyukjae. No. He didn’t deserve it. He deserve being hit with a pole because he cheated on his wife and on top of that he was the one asking for divorce. And Hyukjae, Hyukjae was being perfect as always. “I… I have to leave now…”

 

Hyukjae smiled gently. “Be careful in your way,” he said and Kyuhyun nodded, walking to the door with Hyukjae following him.

 

He opened the door and stepped outside, turning around abruptly. “I’ll come tomorrow…,” he said and Hyukjae gasped surprised but smiled widely.

 

“I cannot wait for tomorrow,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun congratulated himself when Hyukjae smiled so brightly.

 

They waved goodbye to each other and Kyuhyun turned around, going to his car as Hyukjae closed the door, resting against it and closing his eyes. “This is what you want Hyukjae… this is what you asked for…,” he whispered to convince himself and bit his lower lip hardly, letting his tears fall down silently. “I love you Kyuhyun… so much…”

                     

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•




                        

A/N: Fic requested by leehyosonn

Hope you all enjoy!

I love youuuu! ♥

 

PS: asdfghjklñ I'm so sorry for being too late at updating this! >.< asdghjkl /bows/