Ch. [12]

Never Too Late

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                     

Day 20.

 

“Hyuk…,” Minho called as they walked through the mall. “Don’t you think you should tell Kyuhyun?” he asked softly, looking at Hyukjae was had his eyes fixed on Henry and Amber running ahead of them.

 

“It’s alright,” he smiled, turning towards Minho to smile at him. “You know we’ll get divorced soon…”

 

“What about Henry?” Minho asked, his voice sincerely worried. “Shouldn’t you at least tell him?”

 

Hyukjae stopped his tracks, biting on his lower lip slowly. “I…,” he closed his eyes for a few seconds. “I warned him already that I won’t be here for him forever,” he opened his eyes and looked at Henry, smiling brightly. “I’m not sure how the plans will work, but I think Kyuhyun will get him on weekends.”

 

“Even like that…,” Minho insisted. “It’s going to be hard for him.”

 

“He’s smart, Minho,” Hyukjae said. “He understands…”

 

“But he’s still a kid, Hyukjae,” Minho was getting a little frustrated. “He will cry and he’s going to feel his world will fall apart.”

 

“He has lived almost his entire life only with me. There were entire months when we didn’t know a thing about Kyuhyun and he was alright, he knew it was alright… I know he’s going to be sad… But what can I do?”

 

Minho looked down before wrapping his arms around Hyukjae’s small frame, hugging him softly. “Hyuk… Why is it like this?”

 

Hyukjae closed his eyes, biting his lower lip as he tried to restrain his tears from coming out. “Minho…,” he mumbled lowly. “I don’t want him to leave me forever… I think I took the wrong decision asking him to stay with me for a month…”

 

Minho shook his head. “It’s alright Hyuk, you know you can stop whenever you wish and I’ll be here for you…”

 

Hyukjae closed his eyes tightly. “Thank you…,” he whispered. “Thank you for everything you’ve done…,” he parted away and looked up at Minho, smiling. “And thank you for everything you’ll do for me.”

 

Minho didn’t say anything. He looked at Hyukjae and nodded slightly. “Go in before I regret it,” he said sighing deeply as they saw the bank in front of them.

 

“Take care of the kids as I stay inside,” Hyukjae warned with a playful glare.

 

Minho smiled. “When have I not done so?”

 

Hyukjae smiled and nodded, walking into the building.

 

That day, Hyukjae made sure Minho’s name was everywhere in his accounts, so that he would receive the money before Henry turned older to us it.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

        

Day 21.

 

“Daddy!” Henry exclaimed happily as he saw Kyuhyun opening the door of their house.

 

Kyuhyun grinned widely, quickly leaning down to catch Henry and hug him tightly. “You small piece of flesh, I missed you.”

 

Henry laughed, hugging Kyuhyun back as tight. “I’m used to miss you, daddy,” he grinned. “But Minho hyung is here to replace you every time.”

 

Kyuhyun frowned. “Henry, what the hell, I just came back and you receive me this way?”

 

Henry grinned widely, parting away and nodding eagerly. “Mommy went out with hyung,” he said. “I had to stay behind all by myself.”

 

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “Where did they go?” he asked.

 

“I don’t know, but mommy said they needed to go alone,” Henry sighed. “I think they’re dating, daddy.”

 

“WHAT?!” Kyuhyun stood up, quickly taking out his cellphone to aggressively dial Hyukjae’s number, not realizing the soft giggles that Henry was leaving out.

 

“Hello?” Hyukjae answered.

 

“Hyuk, where are you?” Kyuhyun quickly asked, walking from side to side on the living room.

 

“Ah, just running some errands,” Hyukjae replied. “I’ll be home in a few minutes, I’m on my way there.”

 

Kyuhyun hummed satisfied. “Don’t take too long.”

 

Just as Hyukjae said, he arrived in a few minutes and just as Kyuhyun was going to go and hug him tightly, he saw Minho arriving behind him. “Kyu! You’re finally here!” he grinned widely, running towards the taller to hug him tightly. “Welcome!”

 

Kyuhyun smiled, forgetting completely the fact that they weren’t alone as he wrapped his arms around Hyukjae’s waist, hugging him firmly and gently, closing his eyes and nuzzling his face against Hyukjae’s neck, enjoying the sweet scent. “I missed you…,” he whispered sincerely, only for Hyukjae to hear.

 

Hyukjae smiled, humming softly. “I missed you too, Kyu,” he replied, also in a soft whisper.

 

Minho looked away, sighing softly before grabbing Henry’s hood. “Come on Henry, let’s give them some time,” he said, dragging the whining boy out.

 

Kyuhyun smiled widely, pressing a soft peck against Hyukjae’s neck. “Great, you should always miss me,” he grinned widely, parting away to kiss Hyukjae’s cheek.

 

Hyukjae laughed softly, shaking his head. “It was only a few days, Kyu,” he said. “You’ve been away for longer so it’s ok.”

 

Kyuhyun groaned lowly. “Why are you two always scolding me for it?” he sighed, shaking his head. “Seriously…”

 

Hyukjae laughed loudly, leaning in to steal a soft kiss from Kyuhyun’s cheek. “Did you have dinner yet?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled, shaking his head before holding Hyukjae’s hand and pulling him closer again, leaning in to kiss his lips gently. “You have no idea how much I wanted to come back…”

 

Hyukjae felt the blood rush up his cheeks and he smiled up at Kyuhyun, humming. “You know you’re always welcomed.”

 

Kyuhyun hummed, hugging Hyukjae tightly by the waist again. “I’m tired…,” he said. “Let’s take a nap together.”

 

Hyukjae chuckled, running his fingers softly through Kyuhyun’s hair. “I have to prepare dinner, Kyu,” he said. “I’ll tell Henry, he still doesn’t get his nap.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed tiredly, humming softly as he nuzzled his face against Hyukjae’s neck. “Or I can just stay like this…”

 

Hyukjae smiled, hugging Kyuhyun tightly. “Come on, I’ll take you to the bedroom.”

 

Just as Hyukjae was dragging Kyuhyun, Minho came in as well, carrying a sleepy boy in his arms. Hyukjae smiled at Minho before taking both to the bedroom.

 

“He probably just came from Japan and came directly here,” Minho said, smiling as he took the cup of tea Hyukjae handed him.

 

Hyukjae smiled. “Maybe,” he simply said.

 

They stayed in a comfortable silence. “How will he react when he knows I’m now Henry’s legal tutor?” Minho asked, looking down at the cup.

 

Hyukjae smiled weakly. It was so obvious he wanted to cry loudly and he couldn’t. “It’s alright… he won’t have the time to take care of him every day,” he said. “It could affect his career…”

 

Minho sighed, nodding again. “Hyuk…,” he called, looking up with tears already dancing in his ears. “Is there really anything we can do?”

 

Hyukjae smiled gently, shaking his head. “We’ve tried everything… Now we can only expect it to last a little longer…”

 

Minho left the cup down, hugging Hyukjae tightly. “Why does it have to be you?”

 

Hyukjae closed, his eyes, finally letting a single tear fall down his eyes. “I don’t regret it Minho…,” he said. “I’ll take everything that comes in my way.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Day 22.

 

“Daddy…,” Henry called, looking up from his toys. “Will you marry Victoria?”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Henry, opening his mouth to speak but not being really sure of the answer. “I don’t know…,” he said. Truth was, he hadn’t met Victoria since he came back from Japan and he always considered himself busy enough as to not be able to call her back, even when he was just laying down the couch of the house with Henry playing on the carpeted floor.

 

“Isn’t she your girlfriend?” Henry asked.

 

“Well… yeah…,” Kyuhyun cleared his throat. “But that doesn’t mean I’ll marry her.”

 

“You love her?” Henry asked, with big, expectant eyes.

 

Kyuhyun’s words were caught in his throat and he cleared his throat again, looking away. “I-,” he didn’t want to say he didn’t love Victoria, but he felt as if saying he did would be a lie. “I don’t really know…,” he admitted.

 

Henry stood quiet for a few seconds. “Do you think mommy will get married again?” he asked, tilting his head innocently although he was really sure of what he was saying.

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes widely. “What?” he asked, not because he didn’t understand, but because the idea of Hyukjae being someone else’s had never crossed his mind.

 

“I think he’ll marry Minho hyung!” Henry exclaimed happily. “It would be nice to have him as my daddy.”

 

“No, wait,” Kyuhyun took his hand up to massage his temple. “Hyuk won’t marry again,” he simply said, as if making sure the world would mark his words.

 

“But he’s really beautiful,” Henry pouted. “And you’re not going to be his husband anymore…,” he squinted his eyes. “Or maybe people can only get marred once in their whole life?”

 

Kyuhyun groaned. “Well, not really,” he said. “People can get married as much as they want… but Hyukjae won’t.”

 

It would be a lie if Kyuhyun didn’t admit he was starting to panic at the sudden topic. He would have never thought Hyukjae remarrying, and much less Minho who had always been behind him. The only idea of him not being with Hyukjae anymore was making him nauseous. “Isn’t it time for your nap already?” he asked, standing up. “Go to your room.”

 

Henry pouted. “Fine…,” he simply said, standing up and picking up his toys, walking to his room, a smile plastered on his face as he saw Kyuhyun’s troubled expression.

 

Kyuhyun walked to the kitchen once he made sure Henry was inside his room and he sat down on the counter, watching Hyukjae prepare lunch for them. “Hyuk…,” he called softly.

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun and smiled, looking around to find his son. “Kyu, where’s Henry?”

 

“Sleeping,” Kyuhyun replied. “Hyuk, I have something to ask to you.”

 

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow. “What is it?”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae. At the way his lips formed an adorable pout and how his eyes looked at him so sweetly. He didn’t want to ask it, because he was afraid of the answer, but he needed to know Hyukjae’s thoughts. “Have you thought about remarrying?”

 

Hyukjae gasped softly, clearly taken aback from the question. He didn’t know why he felt so hurt just by those words. It was as if Kyuhyun was asking just to not feel guilty after leaving him. “I-,” he swallowed the lump in his throat. “I never thought about it…,” he admitted.

 

Kyuhyun felt a huge weight leave his body and he smiled. “Really?” he asked. “Not even with Minho?”

 

Hyukjae opened his mouth, ready to deny it and tell Kyuhyun he had always been the only one in his heart and how it would keep being the same. “Minho?” he asked, looking down at the pan cooking the soup. “Actually…,” he mumbled lowly. If he married Minho, then, Kyuhyun wouldn’t be bothered by the legal tuition and Minho would become a great parental image for Henry. “I never really thought about it before,” he said. “But now that you mention it, Minho would be a great option for me to get married with… I’ll talk to Henry about it later.”

 

“WAIT!” Kyuhyun panicked. It wasn’t his intention to give Hyukjae ideas and he felt stupid just for even mention it. “Just-,” he groaned lowly. “Forget about what I said.”

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun, raising an eyebrow. “You know it’s impossible to forget it, right?”

 

Kyuhyun groaned loudly, letting his head fall down to hit his forehead against the counter. “I’m so ing stupid.”

            

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                         




A/N: Fic requested by leehyosonn.

Sorry for taking too long to update-

Hope you all enjoy!

I love youuuu! ♥