Ch. [05]

Never Too Late

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                     

Day 5.

 

“Look dad! It’s an Aspen!” Henry exclaimed excited, pointing up at the huge tree in the middle of the park.

 

Kyuhyun walked there and shook his head, smirking. “I gave you a book about leaves, didn’t you read it, that’s clearly a Birch.”

 

Henry looked at the tree again and pouted.

 

“You guys are wrong, that’s obviously a Hazel,” Hyukjae said standing by their side and looking up at the tree as well.

 

Kyuhyun and Henry looked at Hyukjae. “How can you be so sure, that’s a Birch,” he said and Henry frowned.

 

“It looks more like an Aspen to me,” Henry commented and the three of them looked at each other before deciding silently that they needed proof.

 

It didn’t take them a long while to get up the tree to take some leaves and go home to see the book.

 

“Hazel, I told you so,” Hyukjae said grinning widely and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes while Henry pouted.

 

“This is all daddy’s fault, he should have explained the leaves first…” Henry mumbled and Kyuhyun gasped.

 

“Yah Henry! You’re the genius!” Kyuhyun exclaimed and Hyukjae simply laughed, closing the book and leaving it in its place.

 

“Ok, I’ll claim my prize now!” Hyukjae grinned and pointed at Henry. “You clean the living room and you,” he pointed at Kyuhyun. “You get the dishes.”

 

“Why do I have to do the dishes?!” Kyuhyun whined but stood up anyways. “Just because Henry is small.”

 

“Dad! I’m just a kid! Leave me alone!” Henry exclaimed already picking up some things from the floor.

 

Hyukjae grinned widely and walked to the kitchen to clean up while Kyuhyun washed the dishes, mumbling incoherently but doing it anyways.

 

A few minutes later, Kyuhyun’s phone rang and Kyuhyun groaned in annoyance, not being able to pick it up. Hyukjae chuckled and walked towards him, taking the phone out from Kyuhyun’s pocket and answering the call.

 

He could only smile weakly as the screen displayed Victoria’s name and he pressed it against Kyuhyun’s ear, smiling gently when Kyuhyun mouthed a ‘thanks’ to him.

 

Kyuhyunnie~ are we having dinner today?” Victoria asked from the other line and Kyuhyun chuckled, taking off the gloves he was wearing and holding the phone by himself.

 

“Of course, I’ll pick you up at seven,” Kyuhyun said with a soft smile that Hyukjae remembered it was for him. “Don’t worry, I have reservations.”

 

“Oppa! What should I wear? Should I use a fancy dress?” the girl giggled softly and Hyukjae simply sighed, not wanting to see how Kyuhyun went to dreamland talking to someone else. He turned and pushed Kyuhyun gently away for him to finish washing the dishes.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t even notice Hyukjae was doing everything by himself. “Just wear anything you want, you look beautiful with everything,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae bit his lower lip. Because he doesn’t remember Kyuhyun ever telling him those words to him. “But don’t take heels too high, there are some steps in the restaurant.”

 

“Okay then~ I’ll go prepare already! See you later oppa! I love you!” Victoria chirped happily from the other line and Kyuhyun grinned widely.

 

“I love you too, pretty. See you in a while,” Kyuhyun said and ended the call, sighing softly and turning around only to find the dishes all done and Hyukjae now cleaning the oven. Guilt built up his body and he looked away. “So, I guess I should be leaving now,” he said slowly.

 

Hyukjae looked up and smiled gently at him. “A date?” he asked and Kyuhyun nodded slowly. “Have fun you too,” Hyukjae grinned widely, that smile that was so sincere and broke Kyuhyun’s heart a little.

 

“I’ll go and say goodbye to Henry then…,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae simply smiled at him.

 

Kyuhyun nodded at Hyukjae and turned around, leaving the kitchen awkwardly and going towards Henry to say goodbye. The little kid pouted but told him to be careful in his way anyways.

 

As soon as Kyuhyun was in his car, he sighed deeply and closed his eyes. “What are you doing Kyuhyun?”

               

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                

“You didn’t remember how a Hazel looks like?” Siwon asked lifting an eyebrow and looking intently at Kyuhyun who was fixing his tie to go have dinner with Victoria.

 

Kyuhyun grunted annoyed and turned towards Siwon. “How was I supposed to know that wasn’t a Birch?”

 

Siwon gasped unbelievably to Kyuhyun and shook his head in denial. “First, Kyuhyun, they’re totally different!” he exclaimed, throwing his hands to the air, not finding the right words to express how illogic Kyuhyun was being. “And second, Kyuhyun, your wedding picture was in a Hazel tree path!”

 

Kyuhyun gasped and looked at Siwon. “What?” he asked dazed and Siwon rolled his eyes.

 

“Seriously, did you ever loved Hyukjae?” Siwon asked annoyed. “You don’t even remember his birthday!”

 

“I know his birthday!” Kyuhyun exclaimed frowning deeply. “And I loved him! You have no idea how much!”

 

“I’m sorry Kyuhyun, but I can’t see that,” Siwon said sighing deeply.

 

“Whatever, if you care for him so much, why don’t you marry him instead?” Kyuhyun asked annoyed. “I’m leaving, go out from my apartment already.”

 

Siwon sighed and shook his head. “Didn’t you said to stay away from your family?” he asked raising an eyebrow and Kyuhyun pursed his lips in irritation. “And mind you, I’m comfortable in your apartment so I’m not leaving.”

 

“Do whatever you want,” Kyuhyun said and grabbed his coat, going out from the apartment.

                

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                 

Day 6.

 

“Is this a Television studio?” Henry asked as he looked around, holding Kyuhyun’s hand tightly. “Won’t you get in trouble bringing me here?”

 

“I’ll just say you’re my cousin’s son and done,” Kyuhyun chuckled and looked at a certain someone that was recording a variety show. He didn’t know the hurt that his own son felt at those words.

 

“Is that Victoria?” Henry asked and Kyuhyun smiled widely, nodding eagerly.

 

“Isn’t she beautiful?” Kyuhyun asked and Henry nodded slowly.

 

“But I think mommy is more beautiful,” Henry said pouting lightly and Kyuhyun laughed.

 

“Of course you think so,” Kyuhyun said and dragged his son away. “You have to get used to her, you’ll spend a lot of time together.”

 

“Why?” Henry asked tilting his head and raising an eyebrow at his father, going up the car when Kyuhyun opened the door for him.

 

“Because you’ll spend all weekends with me and her,” Kyuhyun said and went up the car as well.

 

“I have violin and piano lessons every weekend,” Henry said putting on his seat belt, imitating his father. “And I play with Amber and Minho too.”

 

“Well, no more Minho for you,” Kyuhyun said, slightly annoyed. A reaction that Henry actually liked to see. “I’ll take you home, I need to come back to the recording studio.”

 

Henry pouted and sighed. “Why did we came here anyways?” he asked and Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

“I promised Hyukjae I would pick you up from the library and I also wanted you to see my girlfriend,” Kyuhyun said driving off.

 

When they arrived home, Kyuhyun didn’t even went down the car and just left Henry there, telling the other that he was already running late for the recording.

 

“I don’t like her,” Henry told Hyukjae at dinner.

 

Hyukjae laughed. “I actually think she looks nice,” he said, trying to calm Henry slightly.

 

Henry pouted. “Whatever, dad told me he would come by tomorrow afternoon,” he announced and Hyukjae simply smiled, nodding lightly.

                

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                 

Day 7.

 

The bell rang and when Henry opened the door, he left out a shriek, looking at his father that looked like he was just bitten by a zombie. “D-Daddy?”

 

“Hey Henry~,” Kyuhyun smiled and patted Henry’s head, stepping into the house.

 

“Dad, what’s happening to you?” Henry asked, closing the door behind him and walking towards the living room where his father went to sit.

 

“Nothing, I just didn’t sleep at all and I’m starving,” Kyuhyun explained, sprawling his body all along the couch. “Where’s Hyuk?”

 

“He’s taking a shower, one of my classmates threw up on him,” Henry explained and Kyuhyun grunted in disgust. “I can bring you something to drink if you want,” he offered.

 

“No, it’s ok, isn’t your nap time already?” Kyuhyun asked and Henry nodded eagerly.

 

“You should nap with me!” Henry exclaimed and Kyuhyun grinned widely.

 

“Seems like a good idea for me, I’ll bring the blankets,” Kyuhyun said standing up, because he remembers those times Hyukjae and him fixed blankets on the living room and slept for a few minutes every afternoon, listening to some music.

 

As soon as Kyuhyun got the blankets out of the closet, he heard the bathroom’s door opening and he turned around, smiling when he saw Hyukjae dressed in comfortable clothes with a towel drying his hair. “Oh, Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae called slightly surprised. “I didn’t know you would arrive so early.”

 

“Well, let’s say I got out early from work,” Kyuhyun said grinning widely and lifting up the blankets. “Henry and I will take a nap, are you coming?”

 

Hyukjae smiled gently. “What if I prepare dinner while you sleep?” he asked and Kyuhyun grinned widely.

 

“Perfect!” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae laughed softly, also going to the closet to get the right blankets and give them to Kyuhyun that chose the incorrect ones.

 

“Here,” Hyukjae handed Kyuhyun the largest blankets, fully knowing how his still husband would sprawl all over the floor.

 

“Thank you,” Kyuhyun smiled.

 

“Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae called, his eyes set on Kyuhyun’s neck. “What’s this?” he asked, taking his fingers to ghost them over Kyuhyun’s neck, noticing the red skin.

 

Kyuhyun sighed. “Allergy,” he said and Hyukjae looked at him worriedly.

 

“You’re allergic to most detergents, why didn’t you ask for the one you use?” Hyukjae asked and Kyuhyun didn’t know he had missed those caring eyes so much.

 

“Victoria takes the clothes to the laundry, she always forgets the name of the detergent so she doesn’t let them know about it,” Kyuhyun explained and Hyukjae sighed.

 

“Come on, take your clothes off and wear some pajamas, you have a pair in the closet,” Hyukjae said, taking the blankets and placing them over the bed for Kyuhyun to do what he told him.

 

Kyuhyun smiled widely and nodded, taking off his clothes and enjoying how Hyukjae gasped and blushed lightly, looking away and fidgeting on his own feet. “Are you feeling shy looking at my body?” Kyuhyun asked as he went to grab his pajamas out of the closet.

 

Hyukjae looked away, clearing his throat coolly. “Kyuhyun, we have a son, I’ve seen everything there’s to be seen.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and dressed up again. “Yeah, that’s true, good thing I’ve seen it too~,” he said and Hyukjae couldn’t hide the slight blush growing up his cheeks.

 

Hyukjae punched Kyuhyun’s shoulder lightly and pouted. “Whatever, let’s go, I’ll fix the blankets and wash your clothes.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and grabbed Hyukjae’s hand, pulling him against his body and hugging him tightly, making Hyukjae gasp. “Thanks Hyukkie,” Kyuhyun whispered and kissed Hyukjae’s cheek gently, smiling and grabbing the blankets to go out of the room.

 

Hyukjae froze for a few seconds and smiled, taking his hand to his cheek. “I wish it was like this every day…,” he mumbled and sighed deeply, breathing in and out before also going out from the room.

 

As soon as Hyukjae went out, he rolled his eyes at the sight. Henry buried in all the blankets while Kyuhyun laughed hysterically at him trying to get free.

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and shook his head, deciding that it was better to just go and wash Kyuhyun’s clothes and leave the two of them to fix the blankets by their own.

 

A few minutes passed and Hyukjae just looked at the washing machine, smiling gently because it’s been a long while since the last time he actually washed any of Kyuhyun’s clothes. He flinched lightly when a pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist from behind and Kyuhyun’s chin rested against his shoulder. “Kyuhyun…,” he called softly and Kyuhyun simply hummed in response. “You look tired, just go and sleep with Henry,” he cooed, caressing Kyuhyun’s hands over his abdomen.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head softly. “I can’t sleep,” he said and yawned. “I’m exhausted but I can’t sleep.”

 

Hyukjae smiled and closed his eyes when he felt Kyuhyun hugging him tighter. “I’ll prepare a tea for you, what about that?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled softly and shook his head again, staying silent.

 

They stayed like that for some more minutes until Hyukjae felt Kyuhyun’s weight over him slightly and realized, by Kyuhyun’s steady breath, that the other was sleeping standing up and hugging him. He sighed and shook his head, patting Kyuhyun’s arms over his waist gently. “Kyuhyun,” he called softly. “Kyuhyun, you can’t sleep like this.”

 

Kyuhyun simply hummed incoherently, tightening his hug. “Come with me,” he mumbled and Hyukjae smiled.

 

“I’ll come but I need you to free me before,” Hyukjae said, chuckling when finally the washer machine finished with Kyuhyun’s clothes.

 

Kyuhyun nodded and let go of Hyukjae slowly, his eyes half open, probably still sleeping.

 

Hyukjae smiled and took Kyuhyun’s hand gently, guiding him to the living room and making the taller lay down the blankets. He chuckled as Kyuhyun quickly closed his eyes but reached a hand up for him as well, just like a little kid.

 

One last look at Henry and Kyuhyun sleeping, and Hyukjae also laid down by Kyuhyun’s side, smiling as Kyuhyun pulled him closer to cuddle together, Hyukjae’s back against his chest and his arms wrapped around the smaller’s waist firmly.

 

They all fell asleep and they had to call for dinner because Kyuhyun didn’t want Hyukjae to cook. The rest of the afternoon, they spent playing with each other, game after game, even the ones Henry suddenly invented and that Kyuhyun added some rules to.

 

But then again, they were a family after all.

                     

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•




                        

A/N: Fic requested by leehyosonn.

Hope you all enjoy!

I love youuuu! ♥