Ch. [01]

Never Too Late

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                  
Kyuhyun gulped as Hyukjae had his eyes on the paper placed all over the table. “Henry?” he asked and Kyuhyun looked down, suddenly ashamed.
                   
“He can stay with you on week days and then spend the whole weekend with me, I would pick him up Friday’s afternoons and bring him back on Sunday night,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae simply nodded.
                   
It was painful but cold at the same time. Hyukjae was only looking at the paper, reading those lines carefully, the lines that said Kyuhyun was asking for the divorce, that Henry, his precious son, would stay all weekends away from him, that they wouldn’t be able to go and have ice cream together on Saturday afternoon as they used to, or that he wasn’t going to be the one taking him to his piano and violin lessons, that Kyuhyun was going to be no longer his.
                   
“Is it her?” Hyukjae suddenly asked weakly, finally looking up at Kyuhyun. “Victoria, that’s her name right? The actress…,” he wondered and Kyuhyun could see it, those tears being held back by Hyukjae.
                   
“Yes,” Kyuhyun answered. It was useless to deny it. There has been news and rumors about them all the time, him, the famous and talented singer and Victoria, the prettiest actress out there.
                   
Hyukjae chuckled bitterly. Kyuhyun wasn’t even living with him, he had his own apartment closer to the recording studio, even when he still had clothes in the house, he would just sometimes stay a night or two to be with Henry. “It’s sad that seven years end like this…,” Hyukjae mumbled looking down again.
                   
Hyukjae had read the articles, even Henry had. He was sure that Kyuhyun and she were living together. He noticed long ago, when Kyuhyun would put any kind of excuse to skip dinner together, or when he forgot their seventh wedding anniversary and even their six-year-old boy realized it.
                   
“You look good together,” Hyukjae said, grabbing the pen by the side of the papers.
                   
“Thanks,” Kyuhyun looked down in shame. He didn’t deserve such a compliment; he had been a jerk, a complete towards Hyukjae. It wasn’t as if he didn’t love Hyukjae anymore. Kyuhyun did, just less than before. It wasn’t the same passion and he was now twenty seven, mature enough, he would think.
                   
Kyuhyun looked intently at Hyukjae, he knew the latter, he was sure the smaller man was going to go to his room and cry his heart out just seconds after Kyuhyun leaving. “Hyuk-”
                   
“I’ll sign,” Hyukjae said. “With a condition,” he added, looking directly at Kyuhyun.
                   
Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae, shocked because ever since they got married seven years ago, Hyukjae has said nothing, requested nothing, asked for anything to him. Hyukjae was just as perfect as that.
                   
“A condition…,” Kyuhyun mumbled. “What is it?” he asked, now nervous to whatever Hyukjae wanted to request.
                   
“A month,” Hyukjae said softly. “I want you for a month,” he said and Kyuhyun gasped.
                   
“Me?” Kyuhyun asked again, knowing that it was stupid to repeat something that was said so simply.
                   
Hyukjae nodded. “You,” he confirmed.
                   
Kyuhyun stood silent or some seconds, thinking deeply about what Hyukjae meant. He was famous and he was extremely busy, Hyukjae wouldn’t expect him to leave all that for a month right? But then again, Hyukjae would be busy too, being a kindergarten teacher and taking care of Henry all the time. “What exactly do you want from me?” Kyuhyun asked, fully knowing it wasn’t money, because Hyukjae wasn’t greedy at all, he didn’t care.
                   
Hyukjae smiled weakly. “I want us to be as when we just got married,” he said bluntly. “I want you to treat me the same way as back then, as seven years ago. Just a month… that’s all I’m asking for…,” he bit his lower lip when Kyuhyun looked at him intently.
                   
“After that you will sign the divorce?” Kyuhyun asked seriously and Hyukjae felt as if someone just crushed his heart inside his chest.
                   
“Yes,” Hyukjae answered with a shaky voice. “After that…,” he mumbled, closing his fist under the table and biting the inside of his cheeks to prevent himself from crying. Why did it hurt so much? It was so obvious he still loved Kyuhyun as much as when he did back then, probably even more.
                   
Kyuhyun was thoughtful for some minutes, with Hyukjae suffering in silence in his chair, breathing in and out deeply because he didn’t want to let go of his tears. Not yet.
                   
“Okay,” Kyuhyun finally said. “A month sounds reasonable, we have been already like this, we can do this,” he said, more like trying to convince himself. “I’ll talk to Victoria about this,” he concluded standing up. “Don’t break your promise Hyukjae,” he said seriously.
                   
Hyukjae had to make a super human effort to keep back his tears. “I never break my promises Kyuhyun,” he said, remembering the vows he had recited before, not leaving Kyuhyun ever, to love him and take care of him until death tore them apart. Maybe Hyukjae did break his promises after all.
                   
Hyukjae stood up as well, leaving the pen and the unsigned papers over the table and looking up at Kyuhyun with a sweet smile, because even when Kyuhyun didn’t love him anymore, even when the latter didn’t trust in his word; the man was going to be forever the love of his life.
                    
Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and sighed deeply. How much he wished to continue loving him the same way he did seven years ago when they just got married. “I’m leaving then,” he announced sighing deeply. “I’ll come get you tomorrow, let’s have dinner together,” he said and he too, smiled softly at Hyukjae.
                   
Hyukjae blushed lightly and nodded. “Sure,” he said and he went to the door to greet Kyuhyun goodbye.
                   
Kyuhyun chuckled lightly. “How come you blush whenever I invite you out or suggest to be alone Hyukjae? Even now…,” he said and Hyukjae just looked away.
                   
“I don’t know…,” Hyukjae mumbled pouting lightly.
                   
Kyuhyun shook his head in disbelief, Hyukjae was simply perfect. “I’ll come get you tomorrow then,” he said before opening the door of the so familiar house and going out.
                   
“Be careful on your way home Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun simply nodded, walking to his car parked outside.
                    
Hyukjae sighed deeply and watched Kyuhyun go, he looked down and he could feel his tears going out from his eyes, finally releasing the pain he has been holding for such a long while.
                   
Hyukjae didn’t mind in stopping crying when he felt a pair of small arms rounding his hips. “Mommy…,” he heard and he tried his best to stop his tears and look down.
                   
“Oh baby…,” Hyukjae exclaimed, looking down at his son who had tears in his eyes as well. “Henry, I’m sorry…,” he apologized and Henry was biting his lower lip, a habit he got from his mother.
                   
“Daddy doesn’t love us anymore?” Henry asked, looking up at Hyukjae, fear in his voice. “Why doesn’t he?” he asked and Hyukjae kneeled down in front of him.
                   
“It’s not like that Henry,” Hyukjae said taking away his own tears and doing the same with Henry’s. “He still loves us, but he loves someone else now, we can’t be selfish and ask for daddy’s love completely right?” he asked and Henry shook his head pouting deeply.
                   
“But mommy…,” Henry whined, clenching his little fist around Hyukjae’s shirt. “He doesn’t come as much as he used to, and the tv people say he’s in love with a girl... mommy… will they make a baby too? What if I’m forgotten then?” he asked, his lips shaking and his eyes covered in tears.
                   
Hyukjae hugged Henry tightly. “He will never forget you baby, you will always be his little champion,” he assured and Henry nodded weakly, rounding his little arms around Hyukjae’s neck.
                   
“Mommy…,” Henry called after a few seconds, tightening his hug to Hyukjae. “Are you okay?” he asked softly and Hyukjae smiled weakly, even if no one could see.
                    
“I’m okay Henry…,” Hyukjae lied, closing his eyes and him too, tightening his hold on his son.
                   
Henry pushed away lightly and cupped Hyukjae’s face. “Mommy, don’t let him do this…,” he said sounding so determined for a six-year-old boy. “Let’s stop him, let’s make him come back to us…,” he tried to convince but Hyukjae only smiled.
                   
“We can’t Henry,” Hyukjae said gulping the knot in his throat and fighting for him not to cry a river of tears. “We can’t make him stay against his own will…,” he mumbled and Henry pouted.
                   
“But mommy, daddy doesn’t know what he’s doing!” Henry exclaimed. “It’s just hormones! I have read of them! They make people crazy!” he continued, looking for excuses to understand his father’s doings.
                   
Hyukjae chuckled and stood up, offering his hand for Henry. “No Henry, it’s daddy’s decisions and we must respect them okay?” he asked but Henry wasn’t going to give up. “And I’m not sure if you should be reading uncle Donghae’s books anymore…,” he chuckled when Henry pouted.
                   
“But mommy!” Henry whined just letting himself being dragged. “We must think on a plan!” he exclaimed as he heard Hyukjae chuckle bitterly.
                   
“Aren’t you hungry Henry? Let’s make a cake,” Hyukjae said and Henry knew, he wasn’t allowed to keep going with the same topic.
                   
They walked to the kitchen and Henry sat down in a chair as Hyukjae started taking out everything they needed. “Mommy,” Henry called softly. “Nobody knows daddy’s married! That’s why tv people keep on pushing daddy and that girl together! If they knew daddy has a beautiful wife already they would stop! That girl is nothing compared to you! Daddy doesn’t know you’re hurt…,” he said pouting and Hyukjae stopped for a moment.
                   
“Daddy doesn’t need to,” Hyukjae said. “He’s happy Henry, and I’m happy for him,” he said and Henry could tell, his mother was being absolutely honest.
                    
“What if daddy doesn’t really know how much he really loves you and he’s just confused?” Henry insisted. “Then daddy needs someone to make him realize it…,” he said and his voice faded away slightly as Hyukjae glared at him, which only meant he should shut up.
                   
“Henry, stop that, Daddy is happy and we must be happy for him, we must support him because we love him,” Hyukjae said, and Henry shivered at how threatening that voice sounded. “Now come and help me with this,” Hyukjae sighed deeply when Henry simply nodded and hurried himself to help Hyukjae to bake the cake.
                   
It wasn’t hard to forget their worries as Henry and Hyukjae had fun together baking a cake, something they did every time one of them was feeling down. Like that time Amber told Henry she was a little annoyed at him and Henry was depressed all day long saying the love of his life hated him.
                   
That day Hyukjae had to call Amber to clear things up after Henry cried in his arms for all afternoon.
                   
And they both were just six year old.
                   
The sky started turning dark and Hyukjae proposed for them to go bath already, which Henry gladly accepted because he was covered completely by the flour he accidentally let go and Hyukjae laughed at him. Henry even felt proud of himself because even when Hyukjae was heartbroken, he could manage to make him laugh.
                   
After bathing, Henry walked to Hyukjae’s room and crawled to his bed, he hugged his mother who hugged him back without a word.
                   
Hyukjae started crying softly, tightening his hug in his son, letting go of his tears as Henry told him that Kyuhyun was being stupid and that he didn’t know how much he loved him and that Kyuhyun was simply blind.
                   
That night, Henry had to comfort his mother because the one supposed to do that work wasn’t there. Because Kyuhyun, the one supposed to make Hyukjae smile, was the one making him cry.
                   
And Henry cried too, because his father was pushing them away from him.
                   

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•




A/N: Fic requested by leehyosonn.

Hope you all enjoy!
I'm so sorry I took too long...
I love youuuu! ♥