Ch. [08]

Never Too Late

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                     

Day 12.

 

Kyuhyun frowned deeply as he saw through the polarized window how Hyukjae was talking to Minho oh so lovely, smiling and laughing together. Kyuhyun hated it. He smiled as he saw Henry hugging Hyukjae, standing in between them. “At least he’s doing a good job,” he nodded for himself and fixed his cap, looking around so no one would recognize him stalking his family outside the kindergarten.

 

“What?! No!” Kyuhyun exclaimed as he saw how Minho pulled a strand of hair back behind Hyukjae’s ear and he raged when he saw how Hyukjae blushed softly. He quickly took out his cell phone and dialed Hyukjae’s number, frowning deeply as he waited for the other to answer. He saw how Hyukjae pulled out his cell phone and apologized to Minho before answering.

 

“Kyu,” Hyukjae smiled brightly and Kyuhyun forgot he was really mad a minute before. “How are you? Are you free already?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled softly and nodded, rolling his eyes once he realized Hyukjae couldn’t see him. “I’m outside the school, you told me to come and pick up Henry, remember? You two should come out already so we can go have some ice cream together…”

 

Hyukjae looked around and he smiled wider when he finally spotted Kyuhyun’s car, waving towards him even when he could only see the figure of the other inside the car. He ended the call and said something to Minho before walking with Henry towards them. He knocked the window gently and Kyuhyun lowered it but not completely.”Kyu, thanks for coming,” Hyukjae said softly, offering Kyuhyun a soft smile. “I have to pick up some papers so you can go ahead, didn’t you say you wanted Henry to meet Victoria?”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and sighed, nodding slowly. “Do you want me to take you there, we can go together,” he said, lowering the window completely to see how Henry was still sleepy, probably being woken up from his nap.

 

“It’s alright, Minho will take me there,” Hyukjae smiled sweetly and Kyuhyun pursed his lips annoyed.

 

“I can also take you there…,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae chuckled, shaking his head.

 

“Just take Henry and send me a text when you want me to go get him,” Hyukjae said and nudged Henry to go into the back seat.

 

Henry obeyed with half closed eyes, crawling on the back seat and fixing himself there comfortably with the pillows Kyuhyun carried around, one of them made by Hyukjae. “Are you sure?” He asked again, because he hated the idea of Minho and him spending time alone.

 

“It’s ok, Kyu, go already, I bet you already told Victoria, don’t make her wait,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun wanted to scream at him that he didn’t care about Victoria anymore and that he was his wife and he should go with him.

 

Kyuhyun was about to protest and insist but Hyukjae leaned closer and kissed his cheek softly, whispering a soft ‘thank you’ against his skin. That was all Kyuhyun needed to not know what to say or do and just obey to whatever Hyukjae told him to. He drove away looking at Hyukjae waving at him with a sweet smile.

 

They reached the ice cream parlor and Kyuhyun smiled as he saw how it was almost empty. He sat down in one of the tables with a sleepy Henry in front of him and flicked his forehead. “Yah, Henry,” he scolded. “What did Hyuk went to get?”

 

Henry pouted and rubbed his forehead softly. “Dad, don’t be mean, I’m a child,” he said mumbling and looking up at Kyuhyun, yawning slightly. “He said something about getting some results from the hospital…”

 

Kyuhyun gasped and reached out to shake Henry’s shoulders. “What?! What results?! Is he sick?!”

 

Henry woke up completely with the shaking and pouted. “I don’t think it’s for him, dad,” he said and pouted, crossing his arms against his chest once Kyuhyun let him go. “For someone who has a child, you’re very violent and not careful at all, my body is delicate like a flower in winter.”

 

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow at his son, taking his shades off. “So I guess you’re into literature now,” he said and signaled a waiter to go take their order.

 

Henry grinned and nodded. “Yes! Mom bought me some books that Minho hyung recommended and now I know why his letters to mommy are always so charming~”

 

Kyuhyun nodded at Henry’s words before opening his eyes widely, looking at the boy in front of him. “WHAT?!”

 

Henry jumped surprised and so did the waiter and the few customers in the place. “Dad-”

 

“Minho sends letters to Hyuk?!” Kyuhyun stood up and frowned deeply. “The no! this cannot be! I’LL ING RIP HIS ING THROAT IN TWO AND MAKE HIM DRINK HIS DAMN BLOOD ALL AT ONCE DAMMIT!”

 

Gasps could be heard and the waiter gulped, slowly backing away and running to the counter. The costumers looked at Kyuhyun horrified but the latter didn’t even care anymore. “Daddy…,” Henry blinked. “That is so not the way you should talk in front of a small kid like me, Minho hyung is more careful with his words. Maybe that’s why mommy trusts so much in him.”

 

Kyuhyun raged and Henry smiled innocently, though he wanted to dance in victory for his achievement.

 

“No, I don’t accept this!” Kyuhyun exclaimed angry and annoyed. “I’m better than Minho!”

 

Henry pouted and crossed his arms. “Yes, but you’ll leave and Minho hyung will stay.”

 

Kyuhyun froze at Henry’s words, looking at the small boy in front of him. Sometimes, he even believed Henry was more mature than himself. He will leave, and Minho will stay. The thought was going to haunt him down to ages, he knew. Because maybe he just didn’t want to leave.

 

It wasn’t even half an hour and Henry and Kyuhyun had eaten one ice cream each and Victoria came inside, smiling widely and sweetly, waving at the couple of males sitting there bored; both with their cheeks on the table, looking how the new clients came and went away one after another for minutes.

 

They waved absent minded before Victoria sat down by Kyuhyun’s side and raised an eyebrow. “Kyu?” she asked awkwardly, glancing at Henry who was now resting his chin on the table to look at her. She was pretty, indeed. But he knew that already.

 

Kyuhyun sat up straight and smiles at Victoria. “Vic, this is Henry, my annoying genius son. Henry, this is Victoria, my girlfriend,” he introduced and Henry nodded in acknowledgement, sitting up and reaching his small hand for Victoria to take.

 

“Fiancé,” Vitoria corrected with a scolding smile before turning towards Henry.

 

“Hello,” Henry greeted with a big smile, because he knew already that she wasn’t nearly as good as his mother.

 

“Hello,” Victoria greeted back, obviously relieved that Henry wasn’t being harsh to her. “So you’re Henry, I finally get to meet you, Kyu has told me a lot of you! You’re cuter than I thought!”

 

Henry smiled. “I’m cute because I look like mom, of course,” he said and he enjoyed seeing Kyuhyun’s scolding glare. “Really, what did he say about me?”

 

Victoria cleared and forced herself to smile softly. “He says you’re really smart,” she said.

 

Henry pouted. “Just that? What an awful parent,” Henry mumbled and looked down at his feet. “I’m also good with the violin and piano…”

 

“Henry…,” Kyuhyun scolded and mouthed a ‘be nice’ to him.

 

Henry turned towards Victoria and smiled widely. “Daddy told me you were an actress, how is it to be one?” he asked cheerfully.

 

Victoria smiled, because some attention was finally on her. “It’s amazing, you can be different persons every time. Sometimes I’m cute and nice, and sometimes I’m mean and rude, it’s actually amazing,” she said excitedly.

 

“And do you have a model to be?” Henry asked tilting his head. Truth was, that he had gone through all those questions with Kyuhyun before so Victoria would feel at ease. Not without a nice reward of twenty dollars for him.

 

“Oh yes!” Victoria exclaimed happily. “I wish to become as Mother Theresa, she was so kind and precious.”

 

Henry blinked and smiled, nodding as he turned towards Kyuhyun, not knowing how to make his father know that his girlfriend wasn’t as brilliant as one would think. Kyuhyun palmed his forehead quietly and shook his head at the answer, looking up at Henry and showing him the money he was going to give him.

 

Henry sighed and turned towards Victoria again. “Sounds interesting, may I know why you want to become like her, and how will you do it being an actress?”

 

Victoria seemed a little confused at the question and she looked towards Kyuhyun who simply smiled softly. “So, who wants ice cream?” Kyuhyun asked, glaring at his son who simply shrugged.

 

“I’ll get them!” Victoria quickly offered herself and stood up, just at the same time that the bell of a new client arriving sounded and Kyuhyun smiled as soon as he saw Hyukjae looking around looking for them.

 

Victoria went towards the counter as Hyukjae walked towards their table. Henry stood up and went to hug him tightly, holding his hand and dragging him towards the table, pushing him towards his seat with Henry by his side. “Hey, how is it going?” He asked and Kyuhyun smiled at him sweetly, wanting to lean closer to kiss his lips but having to stop because he remembered Victoria was there. “Wasn’t Victoria coming too?”

 

“She went to get some ice cream!” Henry said excited and Hyukjae nodded, sighing softly as he fixed his jacket and then fixed Henry’s hair.

 

“Are you having fun?” Hyukjae asked smiling and father and son looked at each other, smiling softly. “I’ll take that as a yes,” Hyukjae chuckled.

 

“Henry said something about the hospital,” Kyuhyun suddenly said and Hyukjae laughed softly.

 

“Well, yes. I went to pick up some results from the hospital. Annual checkup,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun calmed down instantly, nodding slowly.

 

“And how was it?” Kyuhyun asked as Henry busied himself to look at his mother.

 

“Everything’s fine,” Hyukjae said and he smiled as Victoria came with small vases with chocolate ice cream for them.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t bring for you I just-”

 

Hyukjae smiled and shook his head. “Don’t worry, I’ll go get mine later,” he said gently and offered his hand to Victoria. “I’m Hyukjae, it’s really nice to meet you, you’re prettier in person.”

 

Victoria smiled contented and proud, nodding for herself. “I’m Victoria, and thank you.”

 

They sat down and Henry and Kyuhyun had a chocolate ice cream in front of them. Henry looked up. “Oh! I heard a joke this morning in the radio, do you want to hear it?!” he said excitedly and everyone nodded at him. “Ok, so two random variables were talking in a bar; they thought they were being discrete but I heard their chatter continuously.”

 

Kyuhyun snorted and laughed softly. Hyukjae chuckled and laughed softly as well. When Henry turned towards Victoria, he saw her confused face and pouted. “You didn’t find it funny?” he asked.

 

Victoria blinked confused. “Well, I don’t know what’s so funny about talking…,” she said. “But it was good!” she said trying to make Henry feel better.

 

Henry turned towards Kyuhyun and shook his head in disapproval, making Kyuhyun realize just how uncultured Victoria was.

 

Hyukjae smiled and looked at Victoria. “You see, when you roll a die, you either get a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6. Since there are a finite number of possibilities, the statistic involved is called a discrete random variable. When you select any real number from between 0 and 1, there are an infinite number of possible draws. The statistic involved is called a continuous random variable,” he explained and forced a small smile as he saw Victoria even more confused than before. “So I’ll get myself an ice cream,” he excused himself and went towards the counter.

 

Hyukjae came back with two small vases with two ice creams flavors each, vanilla and strawberry. He looked at Victoria and smiled. “I’ve heard you will be the protagonist of the new drama SBS is making, congratulations,” he said and discreetly changed Henry’s chocolate ice cream for the strawberry and vanilla one, making Henry smile widely. He also reached out to change Kyuhyun’s as he listened to Victoria’s chatter and Kyuhyun grinned at the action. None of them had tasted the ice cream because they didn’t like chocolate but Hyukjae always seemed to remember.

 

That moment, when Kyuhyun looked up and saw Hyukjae and Victoria talking, he saw how Victoria smiled widely talking about her life and how Hyukjae nodded and smiled sweetly, looking at Victoria as he cleaned Henry’s cheek or handed him a napkin.

 

Right there, by the side of the ‘most beautiful woman’ according to many, Kyuhyun had never seen Hyukjae so beautiful  and perfect before.

                     

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                         




A/N: Fic requested by leehyosonn.

I was supposed to include day 13 here as well but I got carried away so I'll add it in the next chapter~

Hope you all enjoy!

I love youuuu! ♥