Ch. [07]

Never Too Late

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                     

Day 10.

 

Kyuhyun stretched his neck tiredly. It was late but still early enough as to go and visit Hyukjae and Henry. He sighed deeply and stayed inside his car in the parking lot of his company’s building. He closed his eyes and relaxed for a few minutes before opening them again and starting his car, driving off towards Hyukjae’s house.

 

It didn’t take Kyuhyun too long before arriving Hyukjae’s house and he frowned as he saw a car parked outside from it already. He went out from his car quickly and walked towards the main door, wanting to just open it and step inside but sighing deeply and ringing instead.

 

“Dad!” Henry greeted as soon as he saw his father, smiling widely before throwing his small body against the other. “You’re here!”

 

Kyuhyun smiled and hugged Henry tightly, pulling him up to his arms, smiling widely. “Of course I’m here, why wouldn’t I?” he asked and kissed Henry’s cheek. “How do you feel today?”

 

“I’m fine already,” Henry grinned and pouted after a few seconds. “But mom keeps giving me the medicine…”

 

“You have to take it till the end, Henry,” Kyuhyun smiled and looked into the house. “Speaking of him, where’s Hyuk?”

 

A playful and mischievous smile plastered in Henry’s lips as he pointed the studio’s door. “Working,” he said. “Remember he’s been in charge of the school?”

 

“Oh right,” Kyuhyun smiled and pulled Henry down, closing the door behind him. “I’ll go greet him.”

 

Henry grinned and nodded eagerly. “I’ll get you some water!” he exclaimed happily before running to the kitchen.

 

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow and chuckled, walking to the studio and knocking the door softly before opening the door. “Hyuk, hey I’m-”

 

His words stopped completely as he saw two persons, leaning way too close for his liking. Minho and Hyukjae were looking up at him, Hyukjae’s lips turned into a smile after a few seconds and Minho’s too. That enraged Kyuhyun. “Kyu!” Hyukjae grinned. “You came!”

 

“Yeah…,” Kyuhyun mumbled but he couldn’t take his eyes away from how close Minho and Hyukjae were.

 

“Kyuhyun-shi, it’s nice to see you again,” Minho said and dedicated his oh so charming smile.

 

“Sure…,” Kyuhyun said, pursing his lips as he looked at Hyukjae.

 

“We’re a little busy working in some documents, would you mind waiting for a while?” Hyukjae asked gently and Kyuhyun felt the insides of his abdomen almost exploding.

 

“Sure,” Kyuhyun repeated absent mindedly as he saw how easily Hyukjae ignored him to talk to Minho, leaning even closer against the small table in front of them. He clenched his fists when he saw how Minho looked at Hyukjae and smiled, making Hyukjae smile back.

 

“Daddy,” Henry came and offered him a glass with water. “Here,” he grinned and Kyuhyun hummed, taking the glass before watching how Henry ran to Minho’s side. “Hyung, I brought you some juice!”

 

Kyuhyun gaped and frowned deeply. Minho got juice and he got water? “Thank you Mochi!” Minho exclaimed and took the glass, ruffling Henry’s hair softly as Hyukjae looked at the smiling widely.

 

Mochi? Since when was his son’s name Mochi?

 

“I’ll wait outside,” Kyuhyun announced and he got infuriated when no one paid attention to him. He groaned in annoyance and walked out from the studio, sprawling his body on the couch as he drank the water Henry had gotten for him.

 

The glass was empty over the small table in front of him and Kyuhyun glanced at the door of the studio, groaning lowly as he looked at his watch and sighed impatiently, moving his legs anxiously as he glanced once again at the door and at his watch again, repeating the cycle once and then once again every second.

 

His headache made Kyuhyun remember he hadn’t had dinner and it was late already, he sighed and closed his eyes tiredly, sleeping almost instantly.

 

Loud laughs made Kyuhyun wake up abruptly, sitting up panting slightly as he looked around panicked, glaring at the door of the studio where the noise came from. He looked down and groaned, realizing no one had gone out from that room to at least cover his body in a warm blanket. He looked at his watch and pursed his lips annoyed. It was too late and he had midnight activities.

 

Walking to the studio, Kyuhyun looked inside and found Hyukjae laughing loudly as Minho and Henry played around, he frowned and turned around, feeling how whole body hurt, his chest suffocating from the sight. He looked down and shook his head, not saying a word as he went out from the house.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Day 11.

 

“Are you trying to kill your cell phone?” Siwon asked as he read a book, the stylist fixing his hair neatly for the photoshoot.

 

“Shut up,” Kyuhyun groaned glaring at the cell phone in his hands.

 

“He won’t call, what makes you think he will?” Siwon asked, turning the page as he glanced at Kyuhyun in the chair next to his, frowning deeply as the stylist also fixed his hair.

 

“He’s my wife, and I went out yesterday without a word. He’s supposed to be worried,” Kyuhyun said pursing his lips tightly as he looked at the screen of his phone. “It’s been a day already!”

 

“You used to leave for days before, he’s used to it,” Siwon said yawning softly, smiling at the stylist when she was done.

 

Kyuhyun glared at Siwon. “Shut up,” he groaned. “I can’t believe it, the both of them ignored me, ME, for Minho,” he mumbled bringing a hand up to ruffle his hair in frustration.

 

“Yah!” The stylist whined, mumbling under her breath as she had to do Kyuhyun’s hair all over again.

 

“Sorry,” Kyuhyun apologized but quickly turned to Siwon. “And now they’re not calling to apologize!”

 

Siwon chuckled and closed his book, turning towards Kyuhyun. “Did you apologize when you ignored them for Victoria?” he asked. “Did you call them the next day to apologize?”

 

Kyuhyun opened his mouth to speak but he didn’t have words to do so. He looked down at his cell phone and slowly shook his head, realizing how much it had hurt Hyukjae being like that every day.

 

“Then, don’t expect him to apologize,” Siwon said serious. “He respected your decisions Kyuhyun, you should be able to accept it when he just doesn’t call you. He’s not something you can just keep there all for yourself.”

 

Kyuhyun felt each word stab his chest and he looked down at his cell phone, leaving it over the table in front of him as he stayed quiet and Siwon chuckled, knowing he had finally made Kyuhyun understand.

 

“Guys, are you ready?” a staff person opened the door and Siwon hummed in agreement, standing up and stretching his body, walking towards the door.

 

Kyuhyun stood up as well, just as the stylist finally finished with his hair and he followed Siwon silently.

 

Siwon smiled as he stopped at the door and turned towards Kyuhyun. “Just how long have you ignored the fact that Hyukjae has feelings, too, Kyuhyun?”

 

Kyuhyun couldn’t think straight the rest of the morning.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun sighed tiredly as they stepped into the changing room once again, finally done with the schedule for the day. He saw how Siwon quickly changed his clothes and he checked his cell phone once again as he undid his pants, gasping softly and quickly grabbing his phone as he saw ten missing calls and some text messages.

 

Kyuhyun quickly went through the missing calls, one was from Hyukjae, the rest from Victoria. He smiled softly and dialed Hyukjae’s number quickly, grinning widely as he rested against the table.

 

“Hello?” Hyukjae answered and Kyuhyun grinned widely.

 

“Hyuk! Hello, did you call me?” Kyuhyun asked cheerful and when he looked up, he saw how Siwon was mouthing a ‘he’s perfect’ at him. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and mouthed an ‘I know’ at the other, making Siwon fake shock, mouthing another ‘you know?’

 

Kyuhyun decided to turn around and ignore Siwon, looking at himself in the door, fixing his hair as he listened to Hyukjae’s soft voice. “I was just a little worried… I’m sorry I couldn’t be with you yesterday, Henry told me you were gone when we finished, I’m so sorry…”

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “It’s okay Hyuk, hey, don’t make dinner tonight, I’ll bring food and we can eat together,” he proposed and he smiled as Hyukjae hummed in the other line.

 

“Just remember not spicy for Henry…,” Hyukjae said happily in the other line. “We’ll wait for you here, I’ll bake a cake for dessert.”

 

Kyuhyun grinned. “Alright! I’ll be there in about two hours! Wait for me!”

 

“I will,” Hyukjae answered and after saying goodbyes, they hung up.

 

“Siwon! Take me to Hyukjae’s!” Kyuhyun quickly said.

 

Siwon raised an eyebrow. “Why me? You have a car.”

 

“But I didn’t bring it, I came with you,” Kyuhyun said as he changed his clothes quickly. “Hurry, we have to go buy food first.”

 

“I have a schedule after this Kyuhyun,” Siwon said and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

 

“You don’t, I checked your schedule before so shut up and hurry that I don’t want to be late,” Kyuhyun said, pushing Siwon out.

 

“Will you let me stay for dinner?” Siwon asked as he walked out.

 

“Of course not,” Kyuhyun laughed.

 

“You’re in an incredible good mood, is a little scary,” Siwon said and Kyuhyun glared at him before grinning widely.

 

“I thought he wouldn’t call me,” Kyuhyun admitted as they walked to Siwon’s car. “I thought he had realized I wasn’t a good person.”

 

Siwon chuckled as they went into his car, starting it and driving off almost immediately. “He realized it already, and even like that he married you.”

 

Kyuhyun frowned and opened his mouth to retort when his phone started ringing and he looked at the screen, smiling widely but sighing when he saw it was Victoria. “Hello?”

 

“Kyuhyun! Where are you? You didn’t forget we have dinner together tonight, right?” Victoria asked from the other line and Kyuhyun slapped his head because he had forgotten that completely. He sighed as he thought who to attend that afternoon and after a few seconds, he looked at Siwon.

 

“I’m sorry Vic, I have something to do tonight, I won’t be there, I had promised Siwon already,” Kyuhyun excused himself and Siwon frowned, looking at him and pouting for being used so easily.

 

“We planned this for a moth Kyuhyun!” Victoria scolded and Kyuhyun sighed.

 

“I know, I’m sorry, I have to go now, I’ll call you later,” Kyuhyun quickly said and hung up the phone, stretching his body as he fixed himself comfortably in the seat.

 

“Why am I always an excuse for you?” Siwon asked as he drove to Kyuhyun’s favorite restaurant.

 

“Because that way she will believe me,” Kyuhyun said.

 

“You chose Hyukjae, I’m a little impressed,” Siwon admitted and Kyuhyun smiled softly.

 

“Yeah…,” Kyuhyun chuckled and nodded.

 

Kyuhyun went down the car and made Siwon go because he didn’t want anyone else to interrupt the time he had alone with his family. As soon as he came in, Hyukjae received him with a kiss on his cheek and Henry hugged him tightly. “I thought you would take longer,” Hyukjae said, taking the bags with food from Kyuhyun’s hands.

 

“I’m fast,” Kyuhyun said, leaning closer to kiss Hyukjae’s lips before helping him take the bags to the kitchen counter.

 

“You always seem to forget I’m here,” Henry pouted as he crawled up a chair and went through the bags meticulously.

 

“Shut up brat, because of times like this you were born so be thankful,” Kyuhyun said ruffling Henry’s hair and smiling at Hyukjae’s blush.

 

Hyukjae cleared his throat and looked away. “Let’s eat before the food gets cold,” he said and Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae when the other started fixing the table and the food, laughing when Henry also helped and made it wrong.

 

Kyuhyun wondered if there was a time in their history when he had seen Hyukjae sad and he realized there wasn’t. He smiled and hugged Hyukjae from behind, kissing his cheek softly as he laughed at Hyukjae’s blush.

                     

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                         




A/N: Fic requested by leehyosonn.

This update- I don’t even remember writing it because I was so sleepy so please forgive me for mistakes and senseless scenes kkkk

Hope you all enjoy!

I love youuuu! ♥