Ch. [13]

Never Too Late

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                     

Day 23

 

Kyuhyun grinned widely as he saw the paper on the table. He couldn’t smile wider as he looked at the watch and realized it was his favorite time of the day. Time to go visit Hyukjae and Henry.

 

He took the papers from his desk and saved them in his pocket, quickly looking around to get his guitar and groaning lowly when he couldn’t find his keys. “Goddammit, I left them here, I’m sure,” he sighed deeply and stopped his movements, looking around to see if by any chance he left them somewhere else. “Stupid keys,” he mumbled lowly, frowning deeply as he threw his keys to the floor in frustration “Oh-,” he laughed nervously, looking down at the keys. “I had them in my hand,” he laughed again, looking around as if afraid someone might have seen his failure.

 

He picked up his keys quickly and looked around again, grinning as he felt secure once more and he ran to his door. “Hey Kyu!” Siwon was about to open the door.

 

Kyuhyun let out a soft scream, too girly for him to accept.

 

They stood in an awkward silence before Siwon busted out in laughter. “So ing girly Kyuhyun!” he couldn’t help himself but to lean down and hold himself against the wall, laughing as loud as possible as he clenched his abdomen, already hurting from the effort.

 

Kyuhyun frowned deeply, but that didn’t stop the soft blush of embarrassment that went up his cheeks. “Shut the up,” he growled, kicking Siwon’s shin. “You scared me.”

 

It took a minute for Siwon to calm down slightly and when he turned towards Kyuhyun again, he could only dry his tears hanging from the corner of his eyes. “You’re funny.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and turned around, closing his door and walking to the elevator. “Why are you here?”

 

“Oh!” Siwon grinned and followed Kyuhyun. “Victoria invited me to go dinner with you and her, so I came here to go together, how’s that?”

 

Kyuhyun reached the elevator and pressed the low bottom. “I can’t, excuse me with her,” he said, looking down at his hand that was holding the guitar. “I’ll go see my family.”

 

Siwon grinned widely and walked in as soon as the doors of the elevator opened. “You look happy about that,” he commented contented, the doors closing again. “You don’t even mind Victoria raging over it.”

 

“Well, I made a promise,” Kyuhyun nodded in approbation for himself.

 

“Since when do you even fulfill your promises?” Siwon asked, raising an eyebrow. “It would be the first time I see you doing that.”

 

“Yah!” Kyuhyun glared at his best friend. “Why are you so mean?”

 

“I’m not,” Siwon smiled as he saw the doors opening and he put on his hoodie and sun glasses, glancing towards Kyuhyun doing the same. “What will I tell Victoria?”

 

“That I’m busy,” Kyuhyun grinned widely, walking towards his car. “And that I hope she eats well.”

 

Siwon chuckled. “Can I send her a text instead, I don’t want to be there,” he stopped as Kyuhyun kept walking. “What’s more, can I go with you?”

 

“No,” Kyuhyun was quick to answer. “You can’t come. But you can send her a text or something, she must also be busy so she won’t mind.”

 

Siwon sighed softly. “Fine, whatever,” he waved his hand softly towards Kyuhyun, but the other didn’t even seem to look at him anymore so he just rolled his eyes and walked to his own car.

 

As soon as Kyuhyun reached Hyukjae’s house, he took out the guitar and walked to the entrance through the small garden. He didn’t mind to knock the door so he just walked in, welcomed by a splendid and delicious smell.

 

“Kyu, I didn’t know you would come,” Hyukjae came to receive him, smiling softly and quickly kissing his cheek. “Why did you bring your guitar? Will you sing for me?” the brightness of his eyes made Kyuhyun smile widely.

 

“Yes, actually,” he grinned. “Where’s the little demon?”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly. “Piano lessons,” he answered. “He’ll come later, Minho will bring him,” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at the mention of that name. “They arrive exactly at eight o’clock, then Henry goes to sleep.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and nodded, leaving down the guitar to gently wrap his hands around Hyukjae’s waist, smiling softly. “It smells so good,” he closed his eyes and rested his chin on Hyukjae’s shoulder, holding him tighter than before. “What are you cooking?”

 

Hyukjae felt the blood reach up his cheeks and he hid his face against Kyuhyun’s shoulders, smiling childishly. “Lasagna,” he whispered. “I didn’t know if you would come, so I did it, just in case.”

 

Kyuhyun’s smile grew wider. “Why wouldn’t I?” he asked, inhaling Hyukjae’s scent. “You’re my wife and this is my house.”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t know how much those words affected Hyukjae, making him smile widely and wrap his hands around Kyuhyun’s shoulders, burring his face against the other’s torso. “I’m happy you’re here, then.”

 

“I’m happy too, Hyukkie,” Kyuhyun replied, sighing out in content.

 

After a few minutes in a peaceful silence, they broke their hug and Hyukjae dragged Kyuhyun to the kitchen so they would finish cooking and also eat at once, since Henry would eat out with Minho.

 

The time went away too fast. So fast that when Kyuhyun realized, his abdomen hurt from so much laughing with Hyukjae, and a little boy was running to his arms after his afternoon lessons. “Hey baby!” he greeted, lifting Henry and hugging him tightly. “I kinda missed you.”

 

Henry laughed softly and pretended to pout. “Dad, you should always miss me, completely, not just kinda…”

 

“Well, I forgot about you for a few minutes, but Hyukjae was kind to remind me about it as soon as it happened,” Kyuhyun replied, giving Henry a kiss on his cheek. “How cute you are,” he grinned widely. “And how big are your cheeks!” he laughed as Henry started nagging. “My baby boy~”

 

Henry nagged and turned towards his mother. “Mommy, I think my dad is drugged, he’s way too loving today,” he said, reaching his hands so Hyukjae would carry him instead.

 

“Let’s go to bed, Henry,” Minho said, laughing softly as he smiled at Kyuhyun in a way to greet the other and took the small boy from his arms. “You’re tired, I saw you sleeping on the couch of the car.”

 

Henry gasped and blushed lightly. “I did not!”

 

Everyone laughed and Henry hid his face against Minho’s shoulder. “Take me to bed,” he said embarrassed before turning towards his father. “You’ll stay tonight?”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t have those plans. He had work first thing in the morning. “Of course, I’ll be there when you wake up.”

 

Henry grinned widely, and after giving his parents a deep kiss on the cheeks, he was taken to bed.

 

“I’ll go as well, Amber has been calling me all afternoon,” Minho said laughing softly, raising his hand up to wave goodbye. “See you tomorrow at school, Hyukkie! He winked at the smaller, who just laughed contented. “See you later, Kyuhyun-shi!”

 

“Thanks for everything!” Hyukjae said waving at the other as Kyuhyun frowned and said nothing, just waiting for the other to leave.

 

“Why did he even wink at you?” Kyuhyun asked, crossing his arms over his chest childishly. “He doesn’t have the right to do so.”

 

“It’s alright, Kyu,” Hyukjae laughed softly and kissed the taller’s cheek. “Let’s go outside for a while. Would you like some coffee?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled and nodded. “Yes!” It took him a few seconds to turn to look at his guitar. “Wait!” he grinned even wider. “I made something, do you want to hear?”

 

Hyukjae stopped his tracks and smiled widely, nodding. “Of course, I’ve always loved your voice.”

 

That small and insignificant comment made Kyuhyun feel like an idiot, looking at the beautiful figure in front of him before coming back to reality. “Ah yes,” he chuckled and picked up his guitar. “How was it?”

 

After a few minutes, they walked out to the small balcony, sitting down on the stairs with the fresh air. “Did you write a new song?” Hyukjae asked, looking at Kyuhyun taking out some sheets from his pocket. “Is a new album coming?”

 

Kyuhyun looked up and grinned. “Yes!” he said, arranging his sheets in front of him. “I think you’ll like it…” I wrote it thinking about you.

 

Hyukjae nodded and as soon as Kyuhyun started playing the guitar, he felt himself charmed by it.

 

“But hold your breath. Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you, over again. Don't make me change my mind. Or I won't live to see another day, I swear it's true.”

Hyukjae felt the tickling in his abdomen telling him he loved the man in front of him. The way he was singing, the way his voice echoed, the way he closed his eyes, as if he was trying to remember the feelings he had when he wrote it.

 

Tears started to form in his eyes as he kept on listening and looking at Kyuhyun. It was too beautiful. The song was too beautiful. There was nothing wrong with it and Hyukjae felt now his chest hurting. Kyuhyun was there, completely in love. The love of his life was completely in love.

 

“Because someone like you is impossible to find… You're impossible to find…” The song ended with a low tune that Kyuhyun did perfectly. The guitar stopped and Hyukjae could do nothing but smile, looking at how Kyuhyun turned towards him, as if he was afraid of the review. “What do you think?”

 

Hyukjae had to clear his throat softly, smiling brightly to avoid the tears from coming down. “It’s filled with love,” he commented, only making himself more hurt as Kyuhyun’s smile widened. “I think Victoria is a really lucky woman, Kyu. It’s a very nice song and you reflect all your feelings in it. It’s perfect.”

 

Kyuhyun’s smile fell. “What?” he frowned slightly. “No, Hyuk, I-”

 

“So when will you record it?” Hyukjae asked, truly curious. “Is your album planned for coming out soon?”

 

Kyuhyun stood quiet for a few seconds before sighing heavily. “Yeah… in a month or two, maybe.”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely. “Really?” He looked at Kyuhyun. “I may be able to hear it, then! I’ll buy a lot of copies!”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and left his guitar down, turning towards Hyukjae to look at that pale and beautiful face he had always loved as no other. “It’s ok if you let me sing it later for you,” he said. “You’ll be the first person to listen to it when the arranged version comes out,” he promised. “Just as you are the first person to listen to it ever.”

 

Once again the tickling in his abdomen. Hyukjae smiled. “I feel special.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and leaned closer, pulling Hyukjae to hug him firmly as they sat on the stairs of the balcony. “It’s because you’re special, Hyuk,” he assured, kissing his temple lovingly. “You have no idea how much.”

                     

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                         




A/N: Fic requested by leehyosonn.

Hope you all enjoy!

I love youuuu! ♥