Chapter 6

I'll Come Back to You

 

               Finally, they reached the cabin, deciding that they should take their nap before dinner.  Taeyeon and Jessica both got dressed in their pajamas, Taeyeon wearing purple pajamas and Jessica wearing yellow ones. Both settled into the bed, Taeyeon holding onto Jessica, and Jessica listening to the beat of Taeyeon’s heart falling asleep at nearly the same time. Taeyeon woke up to darkness, feeling the warmth of her Sica next to her. The slow, even breathing of her companion was mesmerizing, and she wished she could stay next to her, but she had work to do. She carefully crept out of bed, being careful to not wake up the sleeping form that still lay on the bed. Tiptoeing out of the room, she ran through where everything was in her mind. Candles were in the cupboards. Silverware in the drawers. She also had to prepare the food, and set the table. An hour later, the table was set and the food was complete. Taeyeon looked over her handiwork. The table was set with napkins and silverware, the plates looking perfect with Yakiniku, one of Jessica’s favorite foods. The candles were in their holders, giving off soft lighting that provided enough light to see, but not enough light to light up the entire room from corner to corner.

                Taeyeon went to the bedroom and began shaking Jessica awake. “Jessica. Jessica, wake up. I have a surprise for you.” Jessica moaned and tried to turn over. “Jessica, get up! I want to show you something. You don’t want to miss the sunrise right?” Taeyeon said, making Jessica open her eyes to look at the clock. “We still have a long way to go until the sunrise, Taeyeon. Why are you waking me up?” sighed Jessica, trying to go back to sleep. Taeyeon shook her once more and began to pull her up, “Get up. I want to show you something.” Finally, Jessica began to get up and make her way towards the door of the bedroom. “What is it, Taeyeon?” she asked, opening the bedroom door to see the soft light of the candles hitting the walls. Taeyeon pulled on her to get her moving towards her surprise, and Jessica followed a little faster. “Close your eyes, Sica! And don’t open them till I tell you to.” Taeyeon said, stopping just short of revealing what she had done to her lover. Jessica closed her eyes, feeling Taeyeon let go of her hand and hearing the light sound of her feet hitting the floor, stopping some 7 or 8 steps away.

                “Okay! Walk forward a few steps.” Taeyeon commanded. Jessica placating her companion and taking a few steps forward. The flickering light danced in front of her eye lids, and Jessica noticed that she was excited. “Perfect. Okay, open your eyes, Sica!” Taeyeon said. Jessica opened her eyes and saw the table set with candles. The light reflecting off of plates and two sets of silverware, the plates held portions of Yakiniku. Taeyeon stood off to the side, practically hopping with excitement. “What do you think? Tell me what you think, Sica! Do you like it? Did I do alright?” Sica broke into a wide smile before saying “You made all this?” Taeyeon nodded. “For me?” Jessica said. And Taeyeon nodded once more. “Taeyeon, it’s so beautiful.” Said Jessica as her eyes watered with tears. “I wanted to make this last dinner of our vacation special. So I planned out a candle lit dinner for us with one of your favorites. Come on! Let’s eat.” Taeyeon said as she moved to take Jessica’s hand and steer her towards the table. Jessica sat down across from Taeyeon, too moved to say anything. Taeyeon sat down opposite her and immediately started to eat her food, and Jessica followed her lead. Occasionally the two would share a glance that seemed to say “I love you” and so much more, even though the world was silent.