Chapter 2

I'll Come Back to You

 

 

               Jessica was already laying down the blanket in the small clearing that was only 3 meters across on all sides. The sun shone through the trees that were in a halo above them. A meter from the blanket, a small stream gurgled lightly. The slight croaking of frogs and the buzzing of cicadas sounded around them. “I found this a few days ago when I went exploring. And I thought that this place would be a perfect place to spend the day together. Did I make a good choice?” Jessica asked, looking slightly worried. It took Taeyeon a moment before she could find words. “It’s gorgeous here, Sica. I can’t believe places like this actually exist.” Jessica beamed at Taeyeon’s praise as Taeyeon moved to sit on the blanket next to her.  They both began to eat, looking around at the scenery, occasionally seeing a dragon fly flit around the small meadow. Jessica and Taeyeon finished eating around the same time, both releasing a small sigh of contentment at their meal. “You made that? I didn’t know you were capable of making food so good.” Taeyeon teased Jessica, a small grin lighting up her face. “I’m a better cook than you are, Miss Taeyeon! You couldn’t survive without me!” Jessica joked back. Taeyeon’s grin grew wider as she pulled Jessica closer to her and whispered “That’s the truth.”

                Jessica moved even closer, her heart fluttering, looking into Taeyeon’s dark brown eyes. Jessica closed her eyes and felt her lips press against Taeyeon’s, warmth spreading all over her body. Jessica pulled out of the kiss and rested her head on Taeyeon’s lap. “I wish we didn’t have to go back. I want to stay here forever.” Jessica whispered. “I know. I love it here too. But we have to go back. I miss Yuri, and Yoona, and everyone.” Taeyeon replied, running her fingers lightly through Jessica’s hair. “I miss them too, but I like being here with you more.” Said Jessica, running her hand along the seam of Taeyeon’s pant leg. “Shush. We still have a few more days together here. Let’s enjoy the rest of our time together. We have had a nice vacation.” Taeyeon said before leaning down and pressing her lips lightly to Jessica’s once more, her heart lurching.

                Light began to fade as the sun moved closer to the horizon, and the first signs of night began to show in the sky. Jessica looked at Taeyeon and said “Let’s get back to the cabin. We can watch the sunset together.”  Taeyeon smiled at the thought and nodded, saying “Can we lie out under the stars for a little afterwards?”  Jessica let out an award-winning smile and nodded, grabbing Taeyeon’s hand and beginning to walk with her towards the cabin. They arrived just in time to spread the blanket once more over the grass and lie down, still holding each other’s hand.