Chapter 1

I'll Come Back to You

 

 

                It was early spring. The sun was just beginning to give off warmth in the brisk, chill air. The flowers were in bloom in colorful bouquets of vibrant pinks and yellows, and dusky blues and purples. Sighing contentedly, Taeyeon set her cup of green tea seasoned with honey on to the small, wooden stand beside her reading chair on the porch. Time seemed to pass so slowly in the mountains, even though she had already been on vacation with Jessica for a week. Her heart jumped a little at the thought of her companion. Taeyeon thought to herself “I must be the luckiest girl in the world.”  A few more moments passed before the slight swoosh of a door opening interrupted Taeyeon’s thoughts. “What are you doing out here? It’s so early.” Jessica mumbled, rubbing the sleepiness out of her eyes.  Taeyeon looked Jessica over, noticing her unruly, dark brown hair. Her beautiful dark brown eyes looking at her, still a little glazed over from sleep. The collar of her light blue pajamas buttoned around her neck, as well as the slight midriff showing above her matching blue pajama pants.

                “Hey there, sleepy head,” Taeyeon said smiling, butterflies soaring in her stomach, “I didn’t expect you up for a while.” Taeyeon opened up the blanket for Jessica to come sit on her lap, enclosing both of them in a warm cocoon to enjoy the morning. “Do you have any plans for us today, Sica?” Taeyeon asked. Jessica wrapped her arms around her companion and snuggled a bit closer, enjoying the warmth and feel of their bodies pressed together. After thinking a moment, Jessica had finally decided. “How about a picnic? I think I know of a perfect spot for us to go.” Taeyeon smiled once more and closed her eyes, imagining what place Jessica might have picked. “Sounds good to me.”

                Finally, it was lunch time. Jessica chose her day’s attire, a white blouse with buttons toward the neck line, and a pink skirt which reached to just below her knees. She then wandered to the kitchen where Taeyeon was sitting, still in her Pajamas. “Your turn. Go get dressed! I’ll prepare the food for us.” Jessica said brightly. “Okay, I’ll be out in 20 minutes.” Taeyeon replied, getting up from her seat to begin her trek to the bedroom. Jessica began to make the food for their picnic, hearing the shower start to splutter on. The 20 minutes passed uneventfully, and soon Taeyeon walked out of the bedroom wearing dark blue jeans that showed off her figure, and a white shirt with green trim around the arms and neck with the number 22 on the front. Jessica gasped slightly, catching her breath at the sight of Taeyeon’s ethereal beauty, which made Taeyeon giggle lightly. “Ready to go? It isn’t far, right?” Taeyeon asked. “Not at all.” Jessica replied in a half whisper. They began walking, leaving the cabin behind them. The remnants of morning dew still left on the grass, the warmth of the sun gently kissing their skin as they walked, Jessica in front with the blanket and Taeyeon following, carrying the picnic basket. Jessica then turned off the path and walked through the growth in between the trees, going towards the slightly visible light on the other side. Taeyeon followed and what she found made her gasp.