Chapter 3

I'll Come Back to You

 

 The sun was sinking below the horizon, releasing fiery reds, blazing yellows, and rusty oranges across the sky. Jessica moved to rest her head on Taeyeon’s chest and Taeyeon wrapped her arm around her, pulling her close, smelling the citrus scented shampoo in Jessica’s hair. The sky turned gradually from red and orange, to a dark purple, and stars littered the sky. A chill settled in the air making Jessica shiver and chatter her teeth. “Can we go inside and sit by the fire?” Jessica asked Taeyeon, in a pouty tone.  “Sure, let’s go. I’ll make us some hot chocolate.” Said Taeyeon, already getting up to move inside the house.

                Taeyeon moved to the kitchen to make hot chocolate as Jessica stoked the fire, building a hearty blaze to warm her shivering body.  Taeyeon soon returned, holding two cups of hot chocolate with marshmallows dotting the surface and handed one to Jessica. They sat close together, enjoying each other’s company, sipping at their hot chocolate before breaching conversation.  Taeyeon was the first to break the silence. “Today was perfect, Sica. Everything about today was perfect.” Jessica responded, saying “You made today perfect, Taeyeon. May I tell you something?” Taeyeon took another sip of her hot chocolate and then nodded. “I am glad I became part of our group, and that I got to meet you. I feel like we are meant to be together and that you are my other half.” Said Jessica, the words slightly coming out in a rush as she blushed.  Taeyeon set her cup down, nearly empty now, and wrapped her arms around Jessica’s waist, pulling her close before whispering in her ear. “I feel the same way, Jessica. I don’t think I could live without you. I treasure the time that we spend together, and I want you by my side always.” Jessica set her cup down, empty now as well, and turned to hug Taeyeon, pressing their bodies together, she felt as one with Taeyeon. They stayed that way for a while, arms wrapped around each other, occasionally sharing a kiss. The light given off by the fire getting dimmer and dimmer as the fire died down.

                After a while, Taeyeon suggested that they get some sleep. Jessica rubbed her tired eyes, beginning to get up and move towards the bedroom, Taeyeon following her. They both changed into their pajamas, Jessica wearing her green pajamas and Taeyeon, her pink pair. They climbed into bed, Jessica lying on her back. Taeyeon rested her head on Jessica’s chest, and listened to the metronome of her beating heart. “A truly beautiful sound. There is nothing else like it in the world.” Taeyeon thought to herself. “Taeyeon.” Jessica whispered into the darkness, interrupting Taeyeon’s thoughts. “Yeah?” Taeyeon whispered back. “I love you.” Replied Jessica, Taeyeon echoing back with “I love you too.” The sounds of the night swaddled the two girls, and provided ambience for them to gradually fall asleep, Taeyeon being held in Jessica’s arms.