Chapter 4

I'll Come Back to You

 

               Taeyeon awoke that morning to the sun shining through the window, and Jessica missing from the bed. There was a small clang that came from the kitchen, and then Taeyeon noticed the smell of bacon and eggs. Taeyeon got up and stealthily made her way to the kitchen, stepping on her tip toes towards Jessica, who was absorbed in cooking. “Boo!” Taeyeon said, pushing her fingers lightly into Jessica’s sides. Jessica jumped, and squealed, turning around to see that her would-be attacker was Taeyeon. “Meanie!” Yelled Jessica as Taeyeon laughed and gave Jessica a hug before saying good morning. “Your food smells amazing, Sica! You really can cook!” Taeyeon teased. “Yes, I really can. And because you scared me you don’t get any.” Jessica teased back, not keeping a straight face. Jessica dished out bacon and eggs onto 2 separate plates for them, and Taeyeon poured them both juice before moving to the table. Both munched silently on their food, looking thoughtful. “Where do you want to go today, Taeyeon? It’s your turn to pick.” Jessica said through a mouth half full of food. Taeyeon swallowed her food before replying, “Let’s go down and spend time on the lake. We haven’t done that for a while.”

                Once more, both showered, getting dressed. This time, Jessica wore a pink and white checkered dress, the bottom reaching a little above her knees, the straps gently put around her shoulders. Her dark brown hair was straight with her bangs moving off to the side. Taeyeon elected to wear jeans once more, sporting a light blue shirt, her favorite color. Taeyeon instead put her hair in a ponytail more towards the side than towards the back, draped over her shoulder. Hand in hand they made their way to the lake. The air still had a slight morning chill, but the sun had warmed enough for it to feel good. A small hike later, in which Taeyeon caught Jessica from falling a few times, they reached the lake. The reflection of their surroundings showed on the placid lake. The deep greens, and light browns of the trees were in a different world, the white hot reflection of the sun shown perfectly in the water. Together, they sat on the dock for a while and talked, occasionally they would share a laugh, or a hug, or a kiss, not having a care in the world and focusing on each other.

                After a while, Jessica and Taeyeon both got up, and Taeyeon grabbed Jessica’s hand, helping her into the boat. Taeyeon stepped in after her, Jessica making sure not to make Taeyeon fall. They sat down opposite each other, sharing a smile. Taeyeon grabbed the oars and dipped them into the crystal clear water, rings spreading out from where they touched the surface of the lake. The boat began to glide forward as Taeyeon paddled toward the center of the lake. Jessica looked into the water and saw fish darting away from the boat, both big and small. Finally, the boat stopped moving and Jessica looked up to see they were at the center of the lake. Taeyeon was panting a little bit at the exertion. “Come here,” said Jessica, “let me hold you.” Taeyeon moved towards Jessica, careful not to rock the boat, and then sat with her back facing her companion, gently starting to lean backwards. Jessica caught Taeyeon and moved her farther back, almost laying down, and wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s stomach, her fingers lacing just above Taeyeon’s belly button. Taeyeon closed her eyes; enjoying the time she was spending with her Sica, and began to doze as Jessica hummed a song in her beautiful voice.