Chapter 10

I'll Come Back to You

 

               Taeyeon smiled as she was being led to the lake, holding Jessica’s hand. I’m glad we decided to stay here for a little while longer. A nagging sensation formed in the back of her mind, but she couldn’t be bothered. She was here with Jessica. Jessica was all that mattered. They went once more to the dock and sat, dipping their feet into the water, which was crystal clear. This time, they had made sure to bring their swim suits. Taeyeon turned and smiled towards Jessica, Jessica smiling back as she pulled her shorts off revealing the bikini bottoms. Taeyeon following suit, revealed her blue and purple, striped bikini while Jessica was wearing a solid red color. They grasped each other’s hand and both took a deep breath before jumping into the water. Taeyeon came back up to the surface, laughter escaping her lips as she pushed the hair out of her face. Jessica wasn’t anywhere to be seen. Perhaps she was still under the water? “Jessica!” Taeyeon called out. Hearing a small splash sounding behind her, she turned in time to see water moving towards her. Jessica had started a splash war, “And this time, there will be no truce.” Taeyeon thought to herself.

                Jessica sat in the hospital chair once again for the second time in a week. It had already been 2 weeks without Taeyeon. The cuts and bruises had disappeared from Taeyeon’s face and arms, leaving not even a scar. Only sleep now marred the gorgeous singers face. Jessica leaned over to kiss Taeyeon’s forehead, not letting go of her hand. “Please wake up, Taeyeon. Please?” Jessica asked. Taeyeon didn’t stir from her sleep. Tears brimmed Jessica’s eyes, “Taeyeon, I love you. Come back. I can’t live without you. You belong here with me. Wake up.” Jessica murmured, the back of Taeyeon’s hand.

                “Wake up.” Taeyeon opened her eyes to see Jessica. It was dark outside the cabin. Stars shone brightly, garnishing the crescent moon. “What is it, Jessica?” Taeyeon whispered, her words slightly slurred from sleep. “I just wanted to do this.” Jessica whispered back, giving her a hug and a kiss. “I love you, Taeyeon.” Jessica whispered into the skin on Taeyeon’s neck, Taeyeon replying with “I love you too, Jessica.” And falling back asleep.