Chapter 12

I'll Come Back to You

 

              Taeyeon was having another picnic with Jessica in the small meadow she had found. They were laughing and telling jokes and enjoying each other’s company. “Wake up.” Said Jessica. Taeyeon became confused. “What?” She asked Jessica, who said again “Wake up!” Taeyeon replied, “I am awake.” Before Jessica began to chant “Wake up, wake up, wake up.” The world began to fracture around Taeyeon, the ground shaking underneath her feet. Taeyeon felt as if she was falling, her vision suddenly going black. She still heard Jessica’s voice whispering “Wake up.” Over and over in a chant. She opened her eyes to see a room, all in white, save for a few bouquets of flowers. Taeyeon then noticed a small pressure on her hand. Looking over, she was surprised to find the girl she was just with, holding her hand up, tears falling from her closed eyes down her cheeks. Taeyeon moved her hand; impossibly slow, to wipe the tears from Jessica’s face. Jessica opened her eyes as Taeyeon cupped her cheek to see Taeyeon silently staring back at her.

                Jessica rubbed her eyes, sure that what she was seeing was an illusion. A trick from the tears that blurred her vision. After rubbing her eyes, she looked once more at Taeyeon’s face, seeing once more Taeyeon staring silently back at her. Jessica let out a cry, tears falling down her face once more, rushing over to Taeyeon and covering her in a hug. “Why are you crying, Sica?” Taeyeon asked. Jessica replied in between deep breaths, “I just missed you, Taeyeon. Don’t scare me like this again.” Taeyeon moved her arms around Jessica, too weak to pull her in closer. The two girls stayed locked in a hug for a while, finally, they broke apart. “I told you that we would be together forever, Jessica.” Taeyeon said, staring into Jessica’s dark brown eyes, bruised from lack of sleep and too many tears. “I will always come back for you,” Taeyeon said, “because I love you.” Jessica took Taeyeon’s hand and moved it to cup her cheek and replied, “I love you too, Taeyeon. Don’t ever leave me.”

 

THE END