Airplane

It Just Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You + Krystal. This one's for Shoutyea

I was about to be late for my flight to Seoul from New York. The cab got stuck in traffic and the fact that the driver was taking his sweet time with the bill was more than irritating. I grabbed my luggage and hastily checked for my flight. Luckily I had no problems with security.  I made it to the gate with two minutes to spare, just in time for the last call for the last flight out to Seoul for the week. The stewardess quickly hustled me into the air cabin; I bowed silently to her and found my seat.

Thankfully the company paid my airfare and was generous enough to purchase first class seats for the long flight back home to Korea. The seats were grouped spaciously in pairs of two; I found my seat beside a young lady. At first glance, there wasn’t anything particularly special about her, she looked like any other Korean girl, ordinary. But the more I looked at her, the harder it was for me take my eyes off her. She gave me an icy glare; I coughed awkwardly and returned my attention to my hands. I clumsily twiddled my thumbs with my thoughts in the clouds. The girl probably thought I was a byuntae or something.

Once we were up in the air, the flight attendants offered us complimentary drinks and food, which I gladly took. My last meal was breakfast, which was nearly a whole day before, considering the fact we were on a red-eye flight. The dark-haired beauty next to me had fallen asleep within the brief moments of take off. I ordered her some herbal tea and chocolate croissants for her and café mocha for myself.

“Yes sir, I’ll be right out with your order. Your girlfriend is so lucky to have such a thoughtful boyfriend,” The stewardess said with a smile, I was taken aback but I smiled nonetheless and chuckled quietly. Man, if the mystery girl heard the woman’s groundless assumption, I could only wonder what she would have to say about this matter. I took the freedom to admire this girl more closely without a death glare coming my way.

I think that the fact she looked almost too ordinary was what made her beauty shine. She was more beautiful than an average Korean girl I’d find on the streets of Seoul. Her features perfectly accented each other. It looked like her face had been sculpted by angels because she was just that stunning. I’ve never seen a girl’s beauty shine even when she was fast asleep. Despite being asleep, she still managed to effortlessly look like a goddess. I was brought back to reality, out of my creepy admiration for this stranger by the stewardess with our order in hand.

“Wow, you’re head o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter