Marriage

It Just Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyuna X You 

As requested, this is a continuation of "Arranged Marriage" as told from Hyuna's POV. Sorry Hyunseung fans, it's just a story. Lol I hope this one is okay...

There was a soft knock on my office door before I saw Sohee peek her small frame in between the small crack of the door and the wall. I gave her a small smile and nod, inviting her to speak.

“Ms. President, there is a client that insists he meet you today,” she said rather nervously before biting her lip. After years with Sohee as my personal assistant, I knew she was uncomfortable. Her speech becomes awkward, even with me, when she encounters a more than difficult client. She bites her lip out of habit as if she’s biting back any words of retaliation threatening to sneak out. Sohee has never been wrong in her apprehensions regarding particular clients. The discomfort that emerges in her physical actions have always served as a forewarning for myself.

“Yes, give me a few minutes before you send him in. Thank you, Sohee,” I said as I collected my composure. I never knew what to expect, especially in the male-dominated corporate world as a female executive. Sohee gave me a weak nod before closing the door gently. I sighed internally, before I sent a message to Sohee to let the client in.

The man’s entrance was somewhat of a hurricane. He walked through the doorway in a hasty manner, but there seemed to be an apparent attempt for a show of aggression. Without much of a greeting he sat before me, his arms crossed tightly. Truth be told, it seemed like the man would rather be anywhere but here and what business he had with me was beyond me. But it was clear he had an agenda.

“Hello, my name is Kim Hyuna, and what business might you have with Kim Enterprises, sir?” I introduced myself politely, trying to keep my cool.

“My name is Yoon Hyuk Jae, and I’m going to cut to the chase. Get a divorce, I know it’s all a rouse,” he demanded furiously, slamming an angry palm on my desk, shaking the contents of my coffee mug.

“And who might you be to come to me with such absurd demands?” I sneered, why is my marriage such a topic of interest? Even as an heiress of a multi-billion dollar corporation, never have I experienced such an amass of media coverage than with my wedding. It seemed like the nation knew more about our wedding neither of us did.

“I’m your supposed husband, Yoon _______’s hyung,” he revealed. After careful examination of Hyuk Jae, the resemblance was uncanny. Although not apparent at first glance, they were undeniably brothers. Their features were similar, but Hyuk Jae's lacked the warmth and kindness that _______'s had. The brazen way his brother barged into my office is something that _________ would never think to do. But why have I never heard of a brother… I thought it was just _______ and his noona.

"I'm sorry to inform you Hyuk Jae-ssi, but our marriage is anything but a rouse," I growled rather defensively. His expression betrayed him, he didn’t believe a single word.

"Cut the crap, Hyuna-ssi. My brother deserves to be happy, so file for divorce," Hyuk Jae said with a scowl. Had this stranger found me a year early, maybe I would have given in to his demand. Neither of us wanted the marriage to begin with.

Our love story began long after we said our “I dos”. Honestly I didn't know much about Yoon ______, the man I was legally tied to, and it wasn't necessary to get to know him. He was just a housemate that never appeared anyways. With his long shifts at the hospital he was out of my hair and I was free to do as I pleased, to keep my boyfriend as I wished. To the public’s eye I was the faithful wife of the nation’s most skilled surgeon, Dr. Yoon. But in reality we made an agreement to keep out of each others’ lives. I continued my life as usual, save for frequent dates with Hyunseung in public, and ________ was merely a ghost in our residence.

But this business partnership we had become a far more precious bond after one traumatic incident. I caught that bastard Hyunseung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter