Proposal

It Just Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri X You

SNSD’s concert was about to start and there hasn’t been moment in my life that I was as nervous as I am now. It was the end of their world tour, with a final domestic concert in Seoul, the place it all started. Thankfully, my relationship with Yuri was well received by the fans. We have been dating under the care of the public for almost three years now and two years in secret. Even though I was just a simple music producer, the fans were surprisingly okay with Yuri dating someone less than extraordinary.

My heart was beating irregularly while my stomach had me uneasy with its constant fluttering. I had my nerves in a bundle. My palms were moist with a cold sweat. Trying the best to calm myself, I did some breathing exercises. Onew came up from behind me, laying a gentle but reassuring hand on my shoulder.

 



“Yah ______, how are you feeling man?” He asked as nonchalantly as he could, giving my shoulder a comforting squeeze. The rest of the Shinee boys chimed in, trying to give me pep talks and encouragement. I took a few seconds to etch the priceless scene into my memory. They were all nicely put together, per usual. I recruited them to help me do the most important thing I’ve ever done in my entire life, propose to the love of my life. The six of us practiced countless hours to perfect everything, down to even the resting beats of the song. I was thankful and will be forever indebted to them for finding time to spare to help me out with my personal affairs, despite their own demanding schedules.

“I’m okay, just extremely nervous… you know proposing to a goddess in front of thousands of fans… no big deal, right? ” I said with a sigh before trying to laugh off my anxiety. Jonghyun helped fix my bowtie while the others tried to break the tension with friendly banter. Unfortunately, I couldn’t clear my mind of worst-case scenarios that could ensue following my proposal. What if my voice cracks? What If I forget the lyrics or worst, Yuri says no. I was dying internally. The proposal wasn’t due until halfway into the concert, but I couldn’t sit still and enjoy it.


“Hyung, don’t be nervous. Yuri noona loves you and you guys have been together through it all,” Minho smiled, giving me a pat on the back. All I could manage was a weak smile. Just a few more acts and it was show time. The rest of the girls were in on the plan. They were going to pretend to be blindfolded for a specially prepared fan event and be led out by staff. Truly my future sisters in law, hehehe. I silently prepared myself, double-checking everything before we got on stage. Mics, flowers, rings and pants, yup I got it all.

It was finally game time. The stage managers quickly ushered us out towards the stage. The lights were turned out, the only thing visible in the light of the pink ocean and dim center stage light was the girls huddled around Yuri unbeknown to her in the center of the stage. Yuri was blind folded and sitting like an absolute queen. Just the sight of her made me even more nervous. Although all nine of the girls were wearing the same stage outfit, Yuri stood out the most to me. I mean I don’t mean to be biased or anything, but she looked like an angel. I could see Yoona and Sooyoung trying their best to repress their giggles while Manager Hwang silently hushed them. Then there was Hyoyeon and Sunny giving me the thumbs up. Jessica and Taeyeon threw me some hearts while the precious maknae, Seohyun gave me a hwaiting fist. I nodded, giving them a weak smile from back stage.

The music cued and the boys walked out first. A spot light followed them and I heard the fans scream. Jonghyun started the song off.  I crept out of the shadows when I sang my line. Maybe the fans were more nervous for me than I was, when they realized what was going on. As soon as the spot light fell on me, the screams became muted as if they were holding their breaths in suspense. Jessica carefully removed Yuri’s blindfold.

As we pass by a fragra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter