High School Love

It Just Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal X You / Victoria X You

I woke up from my mid-lecture nap when my body jerked instinctively as my elbow slipped on the surface of the desktop. I mentally slapped myself; I really need to perfect my sleeping technique. Snickering from behind reached my ears. I rolled my eyes to no one in particular. I already knew it was just Vic and Luna.  Watching the clock I counted the ticking seconds go by. Just a few more minutes until class is over and I can see my girl. Hehehe.

As soon as the bell chimed across the intercom, I shoved my books into my backpack and I was out the door before are teacher dismissed us. Luna and Vic were used to my behavior by now and they would just catch up later to fill me in on the details. Pushing my way through the masses students, I made it to Soojung's classroom. Like a loyal puppy, I waited for her patiently.

A few minutes after I arrived, Soojung appeared, I greeted her brightly. I held my hand out for her books before taking her hand in my own. There was a hint of discomfort was visible in her face when I intertwined our fingers. I didn't think much of it until she shook her hand free of mine. I was shocked but I didn't say anything. Knowing her, something probably upset her and she wasn't in the best of moods. I tried to cheer her up but my efforts only seemed to make things worse.

"_____, I have to do some class work, go eat lunch. We'll talk after school, okay?" she said with a sad smile.  She took her books from my arms gently before looking up at me. I nodded, giving her a meek smile before kissing her softly on the forehead. I walked away with a frown plastered on my face.

In the cafeteria I spotted Vic, Luna and the rest of the crew in an instant. Giving them a head nod of acknowledgment I sat down quietly in between Vic and Chanyeol. I ate my kimbap in silence with my earbuds in, blatantly ignoring the people in front of me. Vic elbowed me sharply in the ribs. Frowning indignantly I waited for her to explain.

 "Yah, what's wrong? Is Krystal in a bad mood or something?" she asked, her eyes full of concern. I tried to play it off, shaking my head vigorously. Unfortunately or fortunately, Vic saw through my facade. I mean it's not like she's my best friend or anything. Even though her and Soojung don’t get along, she still understood the dynamics of my relationship with Soojung. Soojung is a bit of the jealous type and the closeness my best friend of forever and I share wasn’t to her liking.

“I don’t know,” I mumbled with my head down. Vic just stared blankly at me before turning back to her food. And that was the end of that conversation. The others knew better than to bother me when with my earbuds glued to my ears.

The day passed excruciatingly slow. Sitting in class for the remainder of the day had me restless. Spinning my pen in my hand was the only thing that helped me get through the day. But it didn’t stop my mind from wandering to Soojung. Why was she so sad… did I forget something important? Aish!!!

Finally it was the end of the day. I trudged to Soojung’s last classroom, dreading the possibilities of our imminent conversation. Smiling I greeted her normally. Sadly her face was full of discomfort for a reason still unbeknown to me.  We started our normal walk back to her home, but before we reached her neighborhood, she dragged me to a nearby park. Pulling me to the nearest bench and sitting down, she released her grip on my hand. I reluctantly let go, my hand clinging to hers momentarily lingering at her touch.

“Wassup with my Soojungieee, today?” I whined to her, taking her face in my hands. She brushed my hands off, looking away into the distance. Frowning inwardly, I knew something serious was wrong… “Yah Jung Soojung, tell me what’s wrong?”

Before she even spoke, her eyes were filled with tears that threatened to fall. At that moment my heart broke. For what reason was my precious baby crying. I was pulled back to reality when she took both of my hands in hers.

“______.... W-we need to break up…” She sobbed. I pulled her into my arms. She cried into my chest as the words infiltrated my brain and then my heart.

“Soojung, waeyo?” I croaked, desperately pulling her closer to me. Didn’t she know my heart only beat for her… I struggled to hold back my tears. Tears that were trying to escape the prison of my tear ducts.  The silence that fell between us was suffocating. My mind went awry, waiting for her to answer. Soojung abruptly shoved me away, our eyes meeting once more. I could see the pain in her eyes and all I wanted to do was take it all away.

“Just because… goodbye,” She cried before running away leaving me in total despair. Our two-year relationship ended just like that. My hands gripped the bench tightly, my nails digging into the wood as I fought back the tears. Gritting my teeth, I bit back the tears. I didn’t chase after her. I knew she wouldn’t have wanted me to. Soojung didn't do things without reason and when she was set on some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter