Strangers

It Just Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany X You

The sounds of the subway permeated my ear buds, racing with my music to reach my eardrums. I glanced at my watch, just a few more minutes before my station. As the stop came nearer, familiar faces begun packing up their miscellaneous items, books, newspapers, laptops, you name it. Slight screeching from the compartment touching down abruptly with the tracks could be heard. Throwing my rucksack over my shoulder, I got ready to exit before the rushes of people came flooding in.

I was one of the first people out the door and up towards the surface streets. Walking back to my studio apartment was my daily relaxer. With classes all day, starting my day of early I was beat by the time I get onto the subway. Most days were a constant repetition, but it was a comfortable repetition. Something I did without much thought, making my way day by day without difficulties.

One day it all changed. My days were no longer routine, simply because of one incident. A single moment. One girl. Life became sporadic. A new and unpredictable adventure everyday.

It all began on what I thought was a typical walk home on a Thursday afternoon with my usual walk home. There was only one difference... Minding my own business walking, I was suddenly thrown off balance when my body collided with another. Instinctively, my arms wrapped around the other body, trying to find even the slightest bit of balance. Before I knew it, I hit the ground with a grunt escaping my lips.

I looked up to find a short-haired girl on top of my chest. Thankfully she wasn't heavy enough to crush my internal organs with the impact of our bodies. I cleared my throat hoarsely, trying to catch her attention. I looked down at her; she seemed almost terrified for some reason. I looked down the path from where she came from. I saw a pair of greasy looking men. Without any exchange of words I quickly understood. I quickly got us back on our feet. I gingerly fixed her hair, smiling brightly at her. My hand was on her waist as I pulled her close to me.

"Aigoo, you finally found me jagiya," I said sweetly, patting her head affectionately. Initially she was confused but she smiled back at me, following my charade.

"Oppa~ I thought I lost you," she said with aegyo, pouting at me cutely before she spontaneously flung herself into my arms. I hugged her tightly, as the men neared us.

"Aigoo, I love you too much to leave you jaigiya~! Let's go home, arachi?" I said releasing her from my embrace. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders protectively as I escorted her in the opposite direction of the sleazy men. The two of us walked in silence together a few blocks down. Despite the two of us being in such a close proximity I felt oddly comfortable with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter