Sly Fox Part I

My Seoul Garden

 

The eerie darkness of the forest surrounded the young woman as she walked through the foggy landscape. The trees overhead rustled with the chilly breeze sweeping through the branches. Chirping crickets foretold the temperature of the night’s climate as the owls in the trees told stories of forest occupants. Exhausted from pursuing the small red woodland creature from the meadows to the uncanny forest the young woman paused for moment to catch her breath. She shuttered at the gust of wind nipping at her skin absorbing all her warmth. Frighten the young woman began wishing she stayed put in her familiar meadow instead of seeking out the mysterious creature. Ready to surrender to elements of the unrelenting environment hanging her head low and shoulders slumped she turned away prepared to return to the meadows when suddenly she was stopped in her tracks by a familiar face. There he is… She thought herself gazing at the red fox in front of her. Instead running away as she anticipated the small mammal slowly began to approach her. Extending her hand to meet the fox’s tiny black noise she suddenly withdrew it as the boisterous clouds above aggressively crack thunderous whips of infuriating lighting.

Utterly alarmed from the loudness of the disturbance Saya found herself in a panic yet again waking up from another bizarre dream. With a frustrated groan she desperately searched through her pockets to seize the unfamiliar ringtone. Hangover and sluggish Saya continued to dig her hand through her harem pants pocket searching for the noisy device getting more annoyed by the second. Briefly having no recollection of ever holding onto anyone else’s phone she thought it was her own as she decided to answer it. Her eyes closed as she brought the phone close her ear to greet the caller. “Hello.” She whispered into the phone


“WHO THEY HELL IS ANSWERING MY MAN'S PHONE?!”

Saya was taken aback by the rude undertone of the female voice on the line. Who dares to disturb her restful slumber then has the audacity to yell like some enraged lunatic? Readying her voice nothing but pure animosity she suddenly clapped down her bottom lip as she inspected the phone immediately realizing it infact didn’t belong to her. She closed her eyes to calm herself finally understanding why the caller must be so upset with her.

 “I'm sorry who is this?” She asked in the politest voice she could conjure up.
“I’m Youngbae’s GIRLFRIEND JIN-HO. WHO ARE U?! AND WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING ANSWERING MY MAN'S PHONE; UH?!”

Instantly recognizing the identity of the caller Saya plotted the palm of her hand smack center of her weary face. Dumbfounded by the new piece of information Saya shook her head in disbelief. “I'm sorry I didn't know he had a girlfriend he failed to mention you at the nightclub we went to LAST NIGHT!” She made sure the words night club and last night rang in Jinho’s ears hitting the nail on the head with hammer hoping Youngbae would pay dearly for his misleading actions. A sudden rush of angrier emerged within the pit of her stomach.
 

“You still didn’t answer my question, who the hell is this?”

“I heard your question but I refuse to answer it, because I’ll be damned if I am caught in the middle of your couples war. However, fear not you won’t ever have to worry about me talking to your precious deceiving lowlife bastard of a boyfriend Dong Youngbae ever again, so good day.” With that final message Saya immediately hung up the phone and withdrew the battery from the back.

A series of drunken memories flash back images appeared before Saya’s mind again from last night’s activities. Youngbae drawing her near, the two of them dancing together, to the car ride home and last but not least the kiss the almost happened. All the memories that satisfied her lustrous desires hours prior were all now tainted with disappointment.

 “I knew he wasn’t as innocent as he seems that dirty lil player timing it out to make his move. Hell naw crazy dog thinks he can play me…”

“AAAARRRGHHH!!” She screamed releasing a frustrated bellow out into her pillow mentally scolding herself for being the player’s game of chase & pursue.

Consumed by her own emotion of confusion and betrayal Saya was completely obviously too Sango’s phone conversation with Dae sung as she entered the room. “Well go morning to you too Oppa. Yes, I slept very well.” Her face glowed and littered with delight from the chipper voice on the other line. “What’s that? Saya’s right here. No don’t worry she not sleep, no no I think she’s trying to kill herself right now. I don’t, know, why…” Sango lifted her brow in confuse watching Saya’s face sink deeper and deeper into the pillow.

“Oh I see Youngbae wants ask her something.” Sango shot Saya a teasing y look earning a glare of death in return from Saya at the very mention of Youngbae’s name. “Here Saya it’s for you.” Sango gave her another charismatic y wink before handing the phone over to her.

“Hello…” Saya answered the phone in a semi irritated voice.

“Oh, good morning Saya.” Youngbae responded in an uneasy meek voice sensing her frustration. “I wanted to ask you did I leave my phone with you last night?”
“Yes, you did.” Saya spoke in as matter a fact tone hardly hiding her feelings of bitterness towards him. “I have it right here.”
“Ok thank you.” Youngbae breath I sigh of relief blissfully unaware of her malice. The corners of Saya’s lips stretched into a sarcastic smirk hearing him exhale a relaxed sigh.

 “Don’t worry I'll be sure to give it to YOUR GIRLFRIEND SINCE SHE CALLED ME THROWING A FIT THIS MORNING!”

Caught off guard by Saya’s hostile nature Youngbae closed his eyes in guilt. He shook his head a few times as if attempting to remove the memories flashing through his mind from the night before. Wholeheartedly upset with himself knowing he was the person at fault for the misunderstanding as parted his lips to apologize and explain himself but Saya wasn’t going to hear any of it.

“Ah, look Saya about last night… I’m___” He glanced at the phone in confusion when he heard the dial tone and the other end. “Aigoo…” He slump back in the couch rubbing his fingers against the sides of his head.

 “What’s wrong BEBE?” Dae sung questioned watching the signs of stress scribing itself upon Youngbae’s face.

“I think Jin-Ho called my phone this morning and threw her hot temper at Saya for answering, now Saya is kinda pissed at me for the mishap.”
“SEE!” Ji yong interjected well pouring himself afresh cup of coffee. “I KNEW THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN WHEN YOU SAID YOU LEFT YOUR PHONE.” Youngbae let out small chuckled to ease his mind in the awkward situation he found himself in. “But wait… I don’t understand why Saya is so angry with you, it’s not like you’re her man or something. That plus she knows you have girl right?” He wondered to himself for a moment.

Ji yong scratched the back of his head in confused before turning his attention back to Youngbae awaiting his response. “Right…?” Dae sung questioned him as well just as eager to find out what happened between the two last night.

“Wrong…” Youngbae admit shamefully.

“WHAT!?” Ji yong hopped over the counter onto the living room sofa in between Dae sung and Youngbae leaving his fresh brew behind.

“She didn’t know I was already taken…” He replied trying to eradicate the look of confusion from their faces. “I didn’t mention it… That and” Youngbae nervously began playing with his ring on his middle finger. “…about last night.....I kinda almost...kissed her.”

A loud ear piercing sound of glass shattered slightly startled the talking trio when Seung ri’s bowl of rice came crashing to onto the hard wooden floor. Stunned from accidentally eavesdropping on his hyung’s conversation his mouth gaped open in astonishment.

“WHAT!!”

The three shouted in unison. Completely taken by surprise they never thought the most faithful all of them would actually consider doing such a thing. Silence swam throughout the living room for a brief moment before the turning twist of the bathroom knob open revealing Seung hyun’s damp upper body from his steamy hot shower with his towel carelessly wrapped around his waist.

“Well…” Seung hyun began to speak as he dabbed the moist droplets from his face. “Bebe to tell you the truth i'm hoping you end up with Saya.” Youngbae lift his head shocked his hyung would even suggest such a thing. “What?” Seung hyun stared back shamelessly. “Just telling what I think, Jin-Ho is kinda too mean for you bro.”


“And and…she’s …” Seung ri decided to through in his unwanted two cents receiving a glare of annoyance from Youngbae as he began cleaning up his spilled rice. “What I say?”


“DONT TALK SO HARSHLY ABOUT HER LIKE THAT AITE!” Youngbae scolded the maknae, projecting his shameful frustrations on the youngster. “An besides do I think Saya is a nice person; yes but… am I attracted to her___”

“Is cow’s made of beef?”  Youngbae shot Seung ri another menacing look. “Oh I’m sorry, did you want me to tell you what you wanted to hear or what I think?” The other members did their best to silence their laughter as the watch overcome friend bury his face in the palms of his hands.

“Playa playa Dong Youngbae.”Seung hyun smirk proudly. “I never thought I live to see the day.

“Yah don’t you have some clothes to put on.” Youngbae responded in an agitated voice.

“Not really… I prefer a dry .”

Youngbae stood up from the sofa distraught with the whole situation. “I'll be back I gotta go down to the studio to get ma phone.” He smacked Seung ri in the back of the head before exiting to their apartment.

“Ouch!” Seung ri rubbed his sore head. “Why take it out on me?!”

“Because you’re the youngest.” Ji yong informed.

“Yup he wants her…” Dae sung declared watching Youngbae leave as the boys erupted into agreeable laughter.

           ______________________________________________________________________________________________

“I can’t not believe that short lil charismatic slim ball conned me into thinking he was actually an innocent decent person!” Saya exploding into angrier pacing back in forth throughout the living room as her roommates watched in amusement.

“Well they say Youngbae is the sweetest one in the group.” Harmony tried to reassure her antsy friend.

“SWEET?! SWEET?!”

“Well I’m just saying what I heard.” Harmony explained.

“That jimmy the cricket lil bastard thinks because all these fan girls chase after him I’m expected the do the same. Does he even know who I am? I am Jung motherin Saya damnit and I ain’t never getting played over some dirt bag pretty boy!”

“Unni, Unni calm down, your inner hood rat is showing.” Harmony warned.

“Oh please you’re so hot for him I could reheat this porridge in your cooter.” Sango rolled her eyes clearly not buying Saya’s anger towards Youngbae inserting another spoon full lukewarm porridge in .

“And don’t you love how she keeps referring to him as a tiny even though she herself isn’t really on the tall side?” Harmony murmured under her breath to Sango receiving pillow straight to the face as Saya chucked it from opposite direction of the room.

“You know what I don’t need this from you two! I was hoping to get little more support from the two people I call my best friends but that’s just a little too much to ask for, I see.” Sango and Harmony facial softened when as they watched their friend struggle with her inner thoughts. “Screw this I’m going for a walk.” Saya grabbed a hold of her kicks and a warm sweater then headed out the door.

            ______________________________________________________________________________________________
 

In frustrated fury Saya walk down the busy streets of Seoul merely taking in the autumn air. Hoping the exercise through the city to the studio would bring her some piece of mind although she found it was having only a mild effect on her mood. Constantly trying to unscramble her brain around the emotions she hid; no matter how much she tried she was continuously at war with herself. Irritated with Youngbae’s bias and dishonest agenda, upset from the lack of seriousness and support she was receiving from her friends and most of all utterly disappointed in herself for allowing anyone to put her in this position. How could I be so stupid and let my guard down so easily? What made you think you can take your focus off  yourgoals for even one second? Why do I always except something from people knowing in the end all I’ll receive is nothing short heartbreak and disappointment in return? Only the anguish of pure of disappointment knowing I’m the one to blame for putting my faith in people. The endless self-criticism continued to ring in her eyes throughout the day.

Relentlessly chastising herself for the mistakes she made Saya stopped to rest her back against a nearby wall. She closed her eyes for brief moment silently pledging she’ll never allow herself to get distracted again. Her eyes remain closed after she made her reserved promise when suddenly she sensed a familiar presence nearby. Too close almost as if someone was watching her. Slowly opening up her eyes she followed where she was sensing the accustomed energy. To her dismay the one familiar face she had been dyeing avoid stood confidently in her presences.

“Good afternoon, Saya.”

“Youngbae…” She uttered with discontentment underling her tone of voice staring at him as if he was the scum of the earth. Silence engulfed them as gazed back at one another again. At a loss for words, only this time it wasn’t from shyness but guilt and rage. Carefully readying his mouth to talk but in the end only a disappointing silence remained at the edge of his lips. Realizing they were at a standstill Saya dug her hand in her pants pocket to fetch his phone then tossed it towards him.

“Here... We’re good now, right?” She proceeded to walk pass him concluding they no longer had any business with one another but she was quickly stopped by a firm grasp on her forearm.

“Saya, please don’t misunderstand last night.” Youngbae eyes remained at a lock with hers.

“Misunderstand?” Saya scuff off the thought as if it was the most ridiculous thing in the world. “What misunderstanding? I understand everything and see things for what they are now.” Youngbae scrounged his brows in confusion as Saya snatched her away from him. “Last night was just all about you practicing you charm on the new girl right?”

“Saya you know that’s not__”

“No its ok I get it, your girlfriend was unavailable and hey all your homies had girls that night so why not work your magic on this one?”

“Saya!?”

“You know what just forget it ok! It is what it is alright. I walked right into that trap and that’s my fault for really thinking there may actually be some genuine people in the world, but you’re no different. As much as I despise your girlfriend to the very core of hell and back for once I legitimately feel sorry for her right now. ” Her last words sincerely hit home in Youngbae’s heart as he watched Saya hastily walking away.

“Tell me Saya, if you truly felt that way about me in the first place why waste your time and breath with me last night?” Saya angrily came to an abrupt stop as he turned to face Youngbae once again. “Why is it every time you look at me, even just now… your eyes tell a different story?” A confident smirk appeared upon Youngbae’s face once the he saw the muscles in Saya’s lower jaw clinched at his last statement. With his hands in his jacket pockets Youngbae took a few steps closer towards Saya looking down upon her inspecting her eyes for sign to prove his hypothesis wrong, but there was none.

“Looks like there's a lot to be said about your self-delusion when it comes to matters of the heart.”

“First off if I had a I tell you to it! Second you nothing about me nor my heart, so don’t get too cocky pretty boy!”

“Wrong, your hearts emotions are as clear as day written on your face.” Her eyes harden upon hearing the arrogant tone emerge from his voice. “Look…” Youngbae breathe a sigh of boredom “Last night was an accident. It wasn’t my intention to make you feel this way towards me whatsoever. The simple fact is I have girlfriend and I’m proudly taken. So can we please just drop this?”

“I sincerely doubt your true intentions, so drop dead. With that said, you don’t have to worry about me because I hate dishonest and disloyal lowlifes like you anyways. So…for now on any contact we have in strictly professional; so if I don’t have to see or talk to you, please don’t appear in front of me again.” With that final warning left to brew in Youngbae’s mind Saya turn her back continuing on her own way.

            ______________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll be bring you part II later on tonight. :)

And I know wht your thinking trust me they'll be more big bang 

in these next chapters so strap on a seatbelt because this story is about it crazy!