The Voice inside my heart Part I

My Seoul Garden

Gathering their belongings they promptly began to approach the representative. The woman had a very young appearance although they were pretty sure she had a few years on them. She wore an all black pencil fitted dress suit with matching black Prada heels and her hair neatly pin back in a bun. After taking a second to send an email in her iphone the women looked at the girls giving them a sincere welcoming smile.
“Annyeong haseyo. Choum pwep-ke ssumneeda. Che eerumun Kim Yumi. Chooka ham- needa.” The sudden language barrier caught the girls off guard slightly being none of them were completely fluent in Korean due the family origins. Throughout grade and high school their parents forced them attempt learn the language. Remembering some of what she learned Saya knew the woman was introducing herself and congratulating them on their success.

Saya scratched the back of her head uneasily feeling foolish that none of them took their Korean language class seriously. Instead she solely focused her attention on Japanese, causing her feel more in touched with one blood line over than the other. “Annyeong haseyo” Saya greeted in return as trio bow at respectful 90 degrees. “Che eerumun Jung Saya eemneeda. She introduced herself. Feeling her friend’s awkwardness not knowing how to formally introduce themselves Saya immediately did so for them. “Ibunnun Park Harmony-shiyeyo, ibunnun Hee Sango-shiyeyo. 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Harmony and Sango greeted in unison.
“Not half bad for foreigners of mixed bloodlines.” Yumi smiled appeased the girls passed the basic test of politeness and the turning a language barrier of awkwardness into interesting encounter.
“Oh you speak English, thank you god…” Sango immediately placed her hands over apologetically for blurting her personal thoughts out loud. “Sorry…”

“No problem, I understand how overwhelming this all must be for you guys.” She feed the girls another comforting smile. “I’m from the states as well and Korean isn’t my first language either.
“Thank you for your understanding and patience.”
“Yes, we’ll do our best to grasp the language as best we can.” Harmony added to Saya’s comment.
“Ah you guys are too cute. I’m so happy I’m being assigned to you as your manager” They blushed happy to hear they we’re being adored for the foreign awkwardness instead of being viewed as out of place weirdo’s. “I’m sure you guys we’ll be fine…So shall we get going?” Yumi clasped her hands together eagerly turning on her heels walking toward the van. Nervous yet anxious they clutched onto their bags the followed suit. 

After their luggage was properly loaded they hopped into the van one by one ready for the next stage in their voyage. Not as fancy as a limo nor as crappy as a school bus they found the van to be quite large and cozy for only the three of them. Strapping in their seat belts in the vehicle slowly pulled away from the curve out into the busy traffic surrounding the airport. Looking out their windows the girls marveled watching the city nightlights twinkled giving them an at home feeling of being back in Los Angeles. Restaurants, lounges, karaoke bars, cafes and nightclubs capture their inner wild side’s attention, sending rushes of excitement within them. They were quickly snapped back to reality remembering this was business trip first and a playground second as the van suddenly stopped in front of YG studio a half an hour later.

“Ok girls where here.” They held their breath anxious to know what awaited them inside the building. “You’ll be giving your schedules, dorms keys and a briefing once we enter the building.” Yumi informed them as she waited for the driver to open their doors. The girls quickly began to scramble for the luggage preparing to exit. “Leave your things here. The driver will be giving you guys a ride back to your dorm once the meeting is over.” Hopping out of the car they followed their new manager closely to the entrance. Saya stopped in her tracks taking a hesitant second to observe the beauty of the building.
Noticing their apprehension Yumi held the door allowing them to take some time to summon their courage. Saya relieved her eyes from the foundation of the building and taking her first step inside. There’s no turning back now she heard mind say. Uncertainty still brewing within them all they stepped forth anyway hand in hand.

Nervous…Anixous…Unsure…But they we’re unafraid of their new challenge that lied ahead.

They were led to a conference room where other trainees and company staff members were discussing the latest activities. Promptly they took their seats beside one another homing in on the conversation taking place. Listening attentively the girls tried their best to decode the language but they only managed to understand half of what was going on.

Although her eyes were glued to the staff members as he spoke Harmony couldn’t but to overhear a few girls incessantly bashing them on. She turned her head slightly to peek over her shoulder to see who the nagging girls were. The unfamiliar girls made no effort into disguising the distaste for them as the pointed and sneered looks of repulse toward them. For a brief moment Harmony accidently locked eyes with the girls, and saw nothing but pure animosity within. She exchanged her own looks of repugnance letting it be known she wasn’t about to stand for letting anyone disrespect her especially, not because of her ethnicity nor family origins. She may not have been fluent in Korean but disrespect is fluent in all languages.

“Unni can hear those chicks behind us?”
“Um hmm…” Saya replied vaguely attempting ignore the trolls behind her although she had been overhearing their taunts and teases the entire time. “Ignore em…We already knew what to expect before we even entered the contest. Just shut them out, and remember why we came here. So please don’t cause a scene.” She concluded returning her attention upon the speaker. Unable to shake her curiosity to know who the girls were Saya briefly took glimpse of the girls for herself. To her surprise sat a beautiful girl around her age with long straight jet black hair, dazzling caramel brown eyes and honey brown flawless skin complexion. She looked like someone that could give Miss. Korean a run for her money. 

“She’s is gorgeous... No doubts about that, too bad she’s a total bitch”. Saya mumble under her breath as she turned her gaze to the two twins sitting beside her. They wore the hairstyle similar to one another. Hair around shoulder length, dark brown with dirty blonde highlights, however one twin had her bangs flopped to the left and the other to the right. They didn’t exude the same radiant appeal as their friend in the middle but they were still up to So Nyeo Shi Da standards in terms of attractiveness.

“Oh my god, look at the shape her eyes.”
“I know she definitely needs to put on some make up.” Saya was doing her best to tune out gossip girls but the continuous bashing kept egging her defense side on. They were pressing all the right buttons to make her want to lash out and explode. It took a lot to upset Saya whom was known to be the laid back non violent one in their trio, but these girls unknowingly were boarder lining on an whoopin.

Their ignorant Saya just ignore them, she continued to coach herself into calming down. “I know how the hell did they even get in here, doubt they really have any talent?”
“I know, they really think have a chance?”
“Yea, a chance in hell. Between her hideous skin complexion and her thick ugly hair there is no way our stylist can turn them in superstars.”

“That’s exactly why I’m happy my parents didn’t mix bloodlines.” The girl in the middle added. “It makes for poor breeding.” 

 

 

“YOU GOT SOOMETHIGN TO SAY TO ME!!!!!?”

 


Before she knew it Saya’s patience abruptly snapped. If there was one thing that could send the non violent Saya into a heated rage was the disrespect of her family, friends and culture. 
The entire room fell pen drop silent as all eyes landed on Saya for making a disturbing scene. The gossip girls clamped the mouth shut surprised with her sudden outburst. Satisfied with their silence, Saya got the sudden feeling of an unwanted attention beginning posed upon her. Scanning her eyes across the room realizing all the staff, colleagues, and newcomers eyes narrowed on her. 

A hot rush of blood flowed to her face causing cheeks began to glow a fluorescent rosy pink. “Way to not cause a scene Unni.”

“Shut up.” She quietly barked at Harmony. “Mian, I am sorry please continued.”

Immediately she sat down slumping low in her seat attempting to shield herself from embarrassment. The speaker continued to with his speak but Saya was too embarrassed to listen any further. She scanned her eyes across the room when she heard two boys in the back softly chuckling about the event that just took place. They wore matching t shirts similar to each other expect one sported bright green shirt and denim dark blue jeans. He had soft baby angelic like face with medium length blonde hair like Dragon Ball Z anime character. The other young man wore a dark purple graphic designed shirt and matching fitted cap that covered the upper portion of his face.

“What the hell are you guys laughing at, with those ridiculous shirts… Fake Barney and Baby bop.” Saya grumbled quietly under her breath earning a soft nudge from Harmony warning her to be quiet before she embarrasses them any further. 

Suddenly the Executive director Yang Hyun Suk walked in through the door causing the atmosphere of the room to change drastically. The crowd gave him their unwavering attention standing up as he entered taking his place in front of the room. The amount of confidence and power radiating off him was almost overbearing. At that moment he was the very definition of respect.

“Hello everyone. I’ve assemble all these new talented faces here to create a new look for YG Family. In the past we’ve had successful Korean artist such as Big Mama, Wheesung, Gummy, Se7en, Jinusean, 1tym, 2ne1 and Big Bang. This year, we decided to try something different so we looked in other countries well as our own for new talent with the contest that was recently held. Congratulations to winners.”

Mr. YG pointed in Saya, Harmony and Sango's direction. They stood from their seats when the room erupted into applause. The staff and newcomers give them a hearty congratulatory applause all expect the three gossip girls with the look of disgust still plaster upon their faces.

They took their seats once again as the applause died down bringing everyone attention back to their executive director. “You’ll be assigned to your apartments in a moment by my assistant Lee Ho-Young. Get settled in and familiar with you new home and workplace for now, and tomorrow we start work. The contest and auditions were only stepping stones. Now you’re competing with close friends in order to prove which of you deserves be on stage.” With that food for thought Mr.YG exited the room.

“Ok I need everyone’s attention please gather around new trainees as I read off your names please pick up your room keys.” Ho young adjusted his glasses to the bridge his nose preparing to list off the names of roommates. “Jin-Ho, Han Eun Jae and Han Eun Mi room number # 1219”. Saya watched as the three gossip girls stood up to collect their room keys then exited the room.

“Unni can you get my room key for me please I’ll be back right back, I gotta go to the bathroom.” Sango asked snapping Saya out of her hostile gaze.
“Ok hurry back, we’re leaving as soon as we get our keys.” Harmony warned as she watched Sango disappear from the doorway

“I will!” Sango yelled back as she headed down the hallway. Happily humming down the hall Sango stopped to peak into one the many audio source rooms. Fascinated with all the state of the art equipment she gazed in pure awe. “I think I’m going love it here.” She told herself turning away from the window walking around the corner she felt her body accidentally collide with something hard.

“Ouch…” She rubbed her sore aching bottom that made an impact the cold hardwood floor. “Damn, did I run into a brick wall or something?”

“Well…I wouldn’t exactly say that.” A young man rubbed his sore chest smiling down upon her.”

Sango suddenly found herself stricken with amazement caught in a daze. She couldn’t help but to be drawn to the young man’s blissful angelic smile. Consumed within her newly found attraction’s aurora she found her breathing grow hollow the more she gazed upon him. Everything about him screamed perfection in her eyes as she analyzed his style from head to toe. His hair was gelled messy yet fashionable. His eyes were almost nonexistent when he smiled, but that smile alone highlighted his entire face giving a sweet boy next door type of appeal. He was handsome even through his thick black and white hoodie Sango could still see his muscular built make contact with the fabric.

Returning her poignant stare he gazed down upon her with such kindness in his eyes. “Gwenchanaseyo?” The young man bent don’t to assist her on her feet.
“Yea I’m kool. I mean__ Ne gwenchanayo.” She quickly corrected herself.
“Oh so you speak English?” He smiled once again delighted to see she was at least attempting to learn the language.

“Yes…Oh you do too, thank god.” A sly smile slowly glided across Sango’s lips as if a few naughty thoughts just popped into her brain. She scratched the back of her head nervously when she noticed the young man caught her red handed gawking at his handsomely good looks. Unable to submerge in the awkward silence any longer she hastily introduced herself. 

“Hi I’m Hee Sango.” She offered her hand.

With delight eyes he reached for her hand preparing to introduce himself as well. “Hi, I’m Kang__.”

“HEE SANGO!!!” 

Sango immediately snapped of her heavenly trance the moment she heard Saya scream her name in anger. Her eyes widened in horror when she saw Saya heading straight in her direction. “I let you outta my sight for 2 seconds and you’re already socializing with boys and fucknot.” 

“GET OVER HERE!”Completely embarrassed Sango’s entire face lit up with a crimson shade of red. “I’m so sorry she bothered you sir.” Saya gave a polite bow to the surprised young man before snatching Sango away by the cheek.

Confused, yes…Shocked…yes. 

Silently the young man stood in place as he watched the two girls disappear from his sight. “Dae Sung hyung!” Dae sung titled his head in the direction he heard his name being called as two of s emerge. 

“Whass up Seung ri?”
“We’ve been looking all over for.” TOP stated.
“Yea what were you doing over here anyways?” Seung ri questioned giving Dae sung a quizzical stare.
“Oh nothing I was just…”Dae sung cocked his head in the direction where he last saw Sango as he allowed another small smile glow across he lips. “Never mind…”
“Come on let’s go.”