Please Dont Stop the Music Part II

My Seoul Garden

Alone she walked through the meadow lightly running her fingers through the tall lush grass allowing wind to brush against her skin. The young woman’s eyes were drawn towards the cloudless blue sky as she watched a flock of birds pass by over head. The sweet aroma of fresh grapes and grass tickled her nostrils. Closing her eyes she took a moment to be engulfed within the Mother Nature’s orchestra. Listening she heard the birds sing sweet songs throughout the meadow, the grass rustling against each other and the streams running in countless directions united into one river. 

Startled the young woman opened her eyes immediately when she overheard a creature moving in a nearby brush. She stood her ground confidently knowing there was something watching her in the distance. Her patience had been rewarded when the small creature revealed itself to her. To the young woman’s surprise stood handsome red fox with deep caramel brown eyes gazing back upon her. They watched one another waiting for someone to make the first move. Suddenly the red fox took off in the opposite direction as fast as he could but to his surprise to young woman followed. Running faster and faster, she attempted to match fox’s speed although he slowly began slipping further and further away off into the distance. Panting heavily she feared she’d lose sight of the fox forever as everything around her became an incohesive blur… 


BEEP! BEEP! Forty ounce in my lap and its freezin my junk…BEEP! BEEP! 
Forty ounce in my lap and its freezin my junk…BEEP! BEEP!

A horrified thunderous gasp escaped Saya’s lips as she woke in a frenzy. A titled wave of anxiety attacked her nerves causing her to pant heavily. She felt exhausted as if she’d just ran a marathon. Inhaling deep breaths of air to calm the frantic rhythm of her heartbeat, she was relieved to see she was in the safety of her bedroom.

BEEP! BEEP! Forty ounce in my lap and its freezin my junk…BEEP! BEEP!

“Damnit Sango…” Saya complained in a groggy voice. “She changed my alarm clock too…” With lethargic eyes Saya quickly fumbled her hands around the nearby nightstand to locate her phone. Utterly annoyed with the alarm on her phone she continued to clumsily search for it. Finally having it within her grasp she seized the agitating disturbance. Only able to enjoy the peacefulness of the room of a moment she lifted her hand above her eyes for protection against brilliance of the luminous lighting. A jolting pain snapped her back to reality as she shielded her weary eyes from the lustrous solar beams invading her bedroom.

“Urgghh…”

She groaned feeling her enlarged pupils instantly shrink when the morning rays kissed her face. Her lashes fluttered taking in the glowing beauty of the radiant sheen the sunlight cascaded over her and new bedroom as well as her unpacked belongings. Still a bit overwhelmed from the randomness of the dream she previously had she lazily laid back down.
Her mind raced posing unexplainable questions to herself. She found it strange that she had a dream at all as she been struggling with sleep lately and found it even stranger that she remembered the contains of the dream. “A red fox?” Saya quietly muttered to herself reviewing all aspect of her mysterious dream. Unable to translate anything back to herself to make sense of it all she rolled over onto the flat of her stomach letting out a frustrated groan. 

Her eyes bounced back toward her phone to gaze at the current time. “Oh 8:10…” She yarned sluggishly before closing her eyes once more. “8:10!!!!” She screamed immediately springing forth from the bed like a gymnast. They were running late already and they had 45 minutes to get their tales down to the studio. 

“HARMONY! SANGO WAKE UP!!” Saya busted into room warning her friends they indeed over slept.
“What Sai…” Harmony groaned swatting Saya hands away from her shoulders.
“IT’S 8:10!”
“So…” Sango replied covering herself with her blanket trying to escape all the chaos.
“WE’RE LATE. GET UP BITCHES!!”

It took moment for the girls to remember where they were and what their purpose for being up early. Harmony instantly strung up like a pop tart straight from the toaster. “OH SHIT!” 
“ORIENTATION!” Sango remembered their sole purpose as well.

Darting straight for the bathroom the girls attempted to get themselves together as quickly as possible. Sharing the cramped bathroom they washed their faces taking quick showers then made their way to their bedrooms to dress themselves. After their outfits were set hair and teeth brushed they met in the kitchen briefly for a quick to go breakfast then headed out the door. Dashing down the fleets of stairs barely making it on time to pay their fare for the shuttle, quietly they found a few seats. Deep heavy breathes escaped from their chest allowing them to calm their tiresome bodies only for a few minutes before the shuttle arrived in front of the studio. Already 15 minutes late they ran at top speed from the shuttle through the halls trying to find Dance studio A. Lucky for them Saya remembered where it was located do to her encountered with Big Bang last night as she watched Youngbae practice. Turning from the final corner they were relieved when the room was finally in sight as they barged through the doors. All eyes were drawn onto the trio for their noisy disturbance from the staff members and trainees.

“You’re late.” An older man wearing his gray hoodie and a fitted all black cap on top glared at them as they walked through the door. 

“We’re sorry.” They sincerely apologized to the man and as well as the room’s occupants.
The man in the fitted black cap intimidating eyes stay glued on them causing them all to tremble slightly. Although the man himself wasn’t giving them a hostile look there was something about his presence and stature that made you want to respect him. “Take your seats.” He motioned for the three to join their fellow trainees on the floor. “As I was saying before tardiness is not something we will tolerate here.” The girls flinched when the man's sharps eyes fell upon them. Once again they gave him a silent nod of understanding and sincere regret for their delayed presence. “Welcome all new trainees I am Park Hong Joon but I’m sure most of you are more familiar with the name Tebby Park.”

Sango gasped when she realized exactly who the man in the fitted black cap was. “What’s the matter?” Saya quietly asked but before Sango could response Tebby shot them another annoyed glance for them to silence themselves at once. “I’ll be your training advisor being as I’ve had much experience through YG Family over the years. For those of you who don’t know me I’ll tell you a little about myself. I was in a group called on 1tym one of the eldest groups in the YG agency. I help mentor a few famous artists in this agency such as 2ne1, Big Bang as well as Se7en. If you ever have problem or something you wanna get off your chest you can always come talk to me or other members of our staff. Here we are family and watch out for one another. So without further a due I’ll introduce our performance staff.” 

He motioned for all of the staff members to come forth. “These are our song producers and lyricist. These face you see here today are important so if you are serious about making beats and improving you lyrical abilities you need to memorize these faces.” The importance of his words captured Harmony and Saya’s attention at once. Although they both had talent to be in the spotlight their hearts held a deeper passionate for lyrical sounds and creative melodies more so than Sango who’s main goal was to be in on stage. 

“My man Kush, Kim Joon Gook, Jason Roberts and myself are the main recording produces as well as lyricist here at YG. My choreographers are mainly from the states for a company called movement lifestyle.” The girl’s hearts frozen in place when the laid eyes upon their heros of dance. They may not have had much trivial knowledge of kpop celebrities but they knew their choreographers well. “These guys right here are the best in the business. Shaun Evaristo, Lyle Beniga, Aimee Lucas, Ellen Kim, Mari Martin and Keone Madrid will be your new dance instructors; learn well from them.”

Saya, Harmony and Sango’s mouth gapped open in astonishment and glee these gods of dance would me instructing them in for the duration of their trainee time at YG. They admired them a great deal as they attended a couple of their workshops whenever they could afford it but to have they to improve their dance abilities at will is was more than they could’ve ever hope for. “Now today we’re going to do something different. Usually on the first day we would have all of you stay here and take our basic intro to dance class however with a new diverse group we’ve selected we have decided our sound engineers, lyricist and dance specialist will be separated and evaluated today.” 

The girls face transformed from an awe struck gaze into a dissolved unsatisfied pout. It was intimidating enough to be in a country with no friends outside each other and limited language experience then; to be separated from one another and immediately evaluated in class. “Don’t worry you’re just going to be observed to analysis where you are in that particular field. We want you guys to specialize in your strengths so we’ll do our best to help you get there. Then Monday you’ll are be here once again to train.” Tebby added to reassure the unconfident faces staring upon him. 

“Ok Dancer’s stay here with Lyle and Shaun. Sound engineers and composers will follow Kush and Jason to Audio Source room B and lyricist we’ll be going to Audio Source room A with me.” Saya shuttered when the thought of starting off on a bad note with her main mentor. That was the exactly the type of reputation she didn’t want him to have of her: loud, undependable, tardy and unfocused. She stood up from the floor preparing to leave mentally chastising herself for their accidental mishap when a few unwanted familiar voices caught her attention. 

“Great now we stuck in a training session with these unworthy posers.” Saya ears automatically shot towards the girls she damn near cussed out the other day. 
“It’s ok, don’t worry hun just make sure they stay out of your way ok.” Jin ho spoke to her two friends Eun Mi and Eun Jae. “You’ll be fine, I mean look; I have to put up with being in training with Tebby oppa alongside this wanna b lyric___”.
Jin ho cut her sentence short when she noticed the threatening expressions coursing through Harmony, Saya and Sango faces. They said nothing to the girls only posed a look of warning. Their minds telepathically urging Jin ho finish her sentence ready spring into action if necessary. Unfazed by the hostile looks Jin ho turned to them confident as ever shooting them a sarcastic glare. “May we help you?” 

“What the hell is your problem?” Sango interjected.
“Isn’t it obvious?” Eun Mi suggested motioning to girls.
Eun Jae stood next to her sister arrogantly. “You don’t belong here.”
“Who are you to judge and decide whether we deserve to be here or not?” Saya’s eyes narrowed upon them giving off an intense scowl scrounging her face up in a puzzled stare. “We entered the contest won and now we’re here.”
“So get used to a little competition.” Harmony added with threaten aura. 

“Oh please…” Jin ho waved her hand off finding the very thought of the foreign girls even being in the same running as them laughable. “You may think you’re hot shit right now but trust me when I say it’s only a matter of time before you’re put in your proper place. Then you’ll really see how low you are on this totem pole. Now… if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go get some water before our class starts. “Jin ho shoved pass Saya exiting the dance room.

“Don’t worry I left the toilet seat lid up for you, bitch.” Jin ho gave Sango bitter glare for her witty comment before completely leaving the room. Harmony and Saya turned away from the Eun Mi and Eun Jae as they gave Sango a praising smirk for her handy smart mouth.

“Ok guys, don’t be afraid and enjoy your first session today ok.” Saya smiled at her friends encouraging them when she noticed the uneasy expressions written on their faces. “You’ll do fine, just try your best and learn as much as you can today, so no stressing ok.” She continued to installed confidence within them although she too had some hesitant butterflies floating about in the pit of her stomach.

“I’ll do my best.” Sango return her smile.
“As will I.”
Saya smiled happily feeling a firm shoulder squeeze of reassurance from Harmony’s hand. “Ok guys go, we’ll meet back later the apartment ok.” 

The girls began to part ways when another key safety tip hit Saya. “Hey San.” 

“Yea?”

“Keep your distance from those girls.” Saya motioned her head in Eun Mi and Eun Jae’s direction.

 

 

_________________________________

 


Reviewing each other’s final parting words of wisdom the girl went their separate ways. As expected they learned a lot within a short amount of time spent in their training sessions. Harmony had the pleasure of learning various techniques of how to manipulate sounds pitch and several frequencies. To her surprise not only was she able to keep up with her fellow trainees but at the end of her evaluation she had one of best scores ranking her at the top of her class.

Saya in the beginning found it difficult to maintain focus with the class type of environment being she was more accustom to her bedroom, office or other quiet places. She struggled to allow her mentors to review her writing so intricately when she herself hated presenting unfinished works. However as uncomfortable and different this was for her she was acknowledged for expressing her uniqueness through her writing. The advisors could clearly feel that she put of her own personal experiences and heart into her work which represented a more genuine side of her.

Meanwhile in the dance studio through sweaty clothes and aching muscles Sango found her absolute comfort zone on the dance floor. There quite a few new tricks to the trade she learned from her choreographers but she was able to keep up. It was all too clear among her peers her presences and confident outshined other trainees. Her only weakness came with maintaining stamina and finding the balance between singing and dancing as one. 

Finally a well needed break was giving to the weary dancers. Exhausted from intensive training nonstop throughout the day they one by one slowly began to collapse on the floor and nearby chairs grasped their water bottles. “Man are these dances always this brutal?” Sango asked herself curiously.

Eun Mi took a sip of her water before turning to Sango. “If it’s too hard for you then just quit.”
“It’s as we said before you and your pack of foreigner friends don’t belong here anyways.” Eun Jae & Eun Mi nudged by Sango grabbing their towel to dried their faces.

Sango withdrew in a deep calming breath in order to maintain her civil nature with the twins. She closed her eyes mentally counted backwards to ten. “San take a deep breath. Please don’t bet these chicks asses the first day of training, just play nicely with the other kids.” A young girl around her own age laughed lightly overhearing Sango’s reassurance talk to herself.

“If it’s any consolation, their like that with everyone so, don’t even trip. Their just naturally born bitches, they can't help it.” Sango smiled happily knowing there was someone that felt her patience wearing thin.

“Well that’s good to know.” They smiled at one another. “Hi I’m Hee Sango.”
“I’m Jang Rachael, nice to meet you.” Rachael offered her hand to Sango as the two exchanged pleasant greetings.
“Hey you kinda sound different when you speak English. You don’t have an accent. Where are you from?”
“I’m from Vancouver Canada. I’m moved to Korea when I was 15 years old.” Rachael smiled satisfying Sango’s curiosity.

“Ohhhh I see, that’s awesome.”
“Isn’t? Foreigners unit” 

“Right?” Rachael fist pounded Sango.
“So meet any kool new people besides myself since you’ve been here?” Rachael asked taking a drink water.

“Well you’re the first kool girl I’ve met but other than that I’ve only met 3 other guys GD, Youngbae and Dae sung.” Sango smiled happily picturing Dae sung angelic face. “He’s a cutie.”

“Oh you mean the Big Bang Oppas.”
“Yea you close to them?”
“Um… fun fact, I’m dating one of them.” Rachael smiled proudly.
“FO REELZ!” Sango mouth gaped open in amazement. “Wow lucky you, I’m jealous.”
“As you should be.” Rachael smiled jokingly receiving and envious nudge to the shoulder from Sango.