Road to Seoul Part I

My Seoul Garden

                                                                                         
~There it goes my heart throbs and jumps through my chest again.
As you sit there smiling at me in the arms of my friend,
Entrapment… I’m drawn to you but I pretend not to know.
There just something about you I can’t seem to escape though.
The more I try to resist the harder it is to let go.
These invisible emotions are now beyond my control.
You know, I can feel you fallin and callin for me and I know your desire burns for me as I for you.
Now I can’t even tell what feels wrong or right.
Everyday is a constant struggle and fight.
Continuously you run through my mind at night.
What do I say? Is this okay? I should I leave or bring around my way?
Growing impatient every day, so close yet so far away. A silent love affair.~


Blissfully engulfed within her on thoughts Saya perpetually continued to scribe down lyrics on her notepad. She took moment to pause to collect her thoughts as she gaze through her bedroom window. The warm sunlight shining through kissed the soft features of her face as a light gentle breeze caressed her skin. She returned her gazed to her papers twirling her pen within her fingers hoping for sudden lyrically inspiration. The room was still, damn near pen drop silent until; out of the blue she felt it again. She felt the light of her artistry explode. A small smile slowly appeared on her lips as she marveled at the her genius breakthrough. Continuously she keep writing and rewriting various phrases and several versus, until the she could connect the pieces smoothly. She fiddled with variations of word play in which best suited her unique creativity until she felt like they were conveying the big picture she was trying to paint. Isolating her mind from the rest of the world she proceeded edit and filter numerous snippets and lines throughout her work. Utterly absorbed within her creation she’d became oblivious to the familiar voices calling her name repeatedly.

“Saya, Saya…Saya?! Hello earth to Jung Saya…Can you hear me?” Impatiently the young woman waved her hand franticly in front of her face hoping to capture her confidant’s attention.

“Uh? What?.... Yes?” Like a deer caught in headlights; Saya stared back at the young woman with blank expression plastered across her face. The girl puffed out her cheeks hinting her disappointment knowing Saya hadn’t heard a single word she just said. “What Harmony I was listening?” She lied through the grit of her teeth hoping her pretense smile would erase her friend’s bitter frown. When in reality Saya had no idea how long Harmony had been standing their watching her, nor how long she was talking.

“You did even hear a word I said” Saya’s false smile dissolved into guilty pout. “What are you doing anyways?”
“Working…” Saya replied simply returning her busy eyes back upon her lyrics. I wonder how long she’s been her, she pondered in the back of her mind.
“Well obviously…But what is it?” Harmony peeked over her shoulder attempting to get a better glimpse of notepad. She was only able to make out a few words here and there before Saya quickly covered up the paper. For as long as they known each other Harmony always knew Saya to be an amazing writer however, she also understood she lacked confidence displaying her work until she deem it a masterpiece. “Must be really important because you didn’t even hear Sango and me coming through the front door?” Dissatisfied with Saya’s vacant response Harmony placed her hands upon hips awaiting for an explanation

“Sorry no…I didn’t.” She replied half attentive to the conversation never once relinquishing her eyes from her creation. Harmony rolled her eyes and sighed in defeat before taking a seat on the bed. Throughout the long history of their friendship she knew not to disturb Saya when she writing. She knew all conversation would be a huge waist of time knowing her words would go through one ear and out the other. Rule of thumb never interrupt and evil genius during their experiments. Harmony smiled at her own foolishness forgetting basic rules of their friendship.

“There she goes again; off in la la land as usual.”Sango chimed in emerging from the kitchen as she stood in the bedroom doorway with an entire box of Captain Crunch in hand.
“Hello San…”Saya greeted her in a zombie like tone briefly taking her eyes off her paper. “Yah and would it kill you to eat the cereal out of a bowl for once?”
Sango shrugged her shoulders carelessly before slowly making her way over to her. Quietly she began to peer over Saya’s shoulder as well hoping not to alarm her. She allowed her curiosity to get the best of as she too tried to sneak a peek of Saya’s work. Quickly Saya flipped the paper over before too much as revealed. “Ah come on Saya let’s us see.” Sango pouted as she shoveled a huge handful of cereal in .

Feeling her company’s presence lingering over her, Saya was finally feed up with them secretly inspecting her work. She placed the pen down before turning her office chair around slowly to focus her attention on the curious pair. “If you guys would relax and sit down for a second and let me finish this last line I’ll explain everything to you in moment.” The girls pulled their hovering heads away from her shoulder smiled at one another complying with her wishes. Only the sound of the pen scribing on paper filled the air for a few minutes.…"There, I’m finally finished.” Saya collected all her papers in a neat stack as she swirled her chair around to met eyes with the pair sharing quiet conversation on her bed.
“Ok to answer your questions…First of all Sango please use a bowl and get you hand outta the cereal box. And secondly for you nosy impatient people I’m writing a song for audition contest.” With that she quickly returned her back to her computer loading up the contests website. The two girls exchange dumbfounded stares as the rushed over to Saya’s side.

“Contest?” Harmony asked as the two gave Saya quizzical gaze still not fully comprehending her same train of logic.

“Yep!” Saya mindlessly handed them each a flyer still centering all her attention on the loose leaf paper in front of her. Silence fell upon them for a moment as the girls took a few minutes to briefly read over the information on the paper. Noticing the confusion still clearly written across their faces Saya took it upon herself to fill the clueless pair in on the all details. “The winner gets to fly overseas to become trainees at one of the most well established music companies in South Korea.” She waited patiently until one of them finally recognized the label of the recording company they would be attending if successful.

As anticipated Sango was the first to burst into uncontrollable glee. “YG Family!?"

Much like an unbridled 13 year-old fan girl Sango bounced up and down as if she just struck gold. “My hubby Se7en works there!” To say she was more than overjoyed was an absolute understatement by the stretch of any imagination. Saya and Harmony watched in amusement as Sango repeatedly zipped back and forth in the bedroom ecstatic with this newly presented piece of information.

“Wait; you mean if we win this contest we get to fly all the way to Seoul and become apart YG? Just like that? This is completely legit?” Astonished and somewhat doubtful Harmony searched Saya’s face for any signs of this being a mere bluff, but to her satisfaction there were none.

Saya smiled happily giving her friend’s shoulder a firm squeeze of reassurance. “That’s what I’m saying.” She refocused her gaze back to the hopeful winning ticket in front of her. Optimistic about their chances she smiled at her lyrics proudly. For all 23 years of her life Saya couldn’t dream of wanting anything else more. She knew she could win…She had to win this.
Skepticism still harbored within Harmony’s mind briefly then faded as quickly as it came. “You guys do realize what this means right?” Finally Saya lifted her eyes off the paper placed the pen down on the desk before twisting her body around in comfortable leather office chair to greet her friend’s leery gazes. “We’ll be making Kpop history.” Still uncertain where her point was headed the two girls quietly pounder to themselves for moment. Realizing that neither of them found the answer to her previous statement she sighed in deep breath of boredom before enlightening them. “We’ll be the first foreigners aka non full Koreans to join YG Family.”


Gasping in awe Harmony and Sango smiled when this new revelation fell upon them like tons of bricks. Saya smirked at the two mentally praising her for thinking of this ingenious plan. “Hmm you know you’re absolutely right. I never really thought about it that way.” Harmony scratched the back of her head out of nervousness. She shuttered a little feeling the pressure and apprehensive butterflies settling within the pit of her stomach.

Sango too had the same hesitant look upon her face taking a moment to organize her thoughts. “Yea… we’ll be the first mixed faces to enter YG …in!” A smug smile crept upon Sango’s face as if she had just thought of the most devilish plot to employ.
“That’s right…” Saya confirmed hoping her confident vibe would radiant off onto them as well.
“Yea… Because I’m Filipino and Korean... Saya is Japanese and Korean and…Harmony.” Sango give her most bizarre look like scientist trying to classify the origins of a new specimen she’s never seen before. Harmony flinched under her queer scrutinizing gaze. “Truthfully…I still don’t know what the hell you are.” Sango scrounged her face up in confession knowing she failed to solve the mystery to the missing Link.

Utterly offend by Sango’s bluntness Harmony suddenly felt the need to defend herself. “I’m Black, Thai and Korean, you jerk!” Harmony wallowed out at her for being so inconsiderate of her feelings. Saya silently laughed to herself enjoying the duo bicker amongst themselves.

“Yea yea sure sure.” Sango waved off Harmony’s death glare as if she had become completely immune to such threatening looks. 15 years of friendship has prepared her well for such harassment.

“Um hmm.” Saya cleared attempting seized the battle between them hoping for the spotlight to fall back on her so they can get back down to business. “The contest allows us to qualify for the following singing/dancing, lyricist, producer and acting, which I know we have the talent to be successful in all these areas. Well… maybe except for acting…”

“Yea our acting is pretty ty.” Sango agreed unwillingly.
“So what do you guys say? Are you in this or not?” Saya asked again hoping they be on the same page as her. She knew if they turned down her proposal she still had good chance making it in but on the other hand if she did she couldn’t leave her friends behind. If they made it in as group this would make her dream worth all the more while.

“I’m 150% down!” Sango exclaimed aloud more than already willing to do whatever it takes to make this dream come true. Saya and Sango eyes fell upon the hesitant Harmony. Although apart of her felt somewhat apprehensive about the outcome of their efforts; she smiled quickly relinquishing any and all insecurities that rampaged in her mind.

“Oh the hell with it, I’m in. Beside what do we have to lose?” Her happy smile confirmed she would delighted to take part chasing their fairytale dream.
“Saya unni…Problem; I’m only an amateur singer… But I’ll do my best to make this project a success.” Sango begin to play with her nails out of nervousness feeling a bit less than sure of herself. Sensing her lack of confidence Saya stood up threw her arms around both Sango and Harmony.
“No worries youngster with my kick lyrics and Harmony sweet beatz together we’ll be unstoppable. They gotta be crazy if think that can just turn down talent like this.” She playfully pinched Sango’s cheeks giving her a confident smile.

“I know right, don’t worry so much San. We got this.” Harmony cooed in the most reassuring voice possible.

“Ok ok you guys are right.”

“Damn straight we are. Let’s get started, fighting!” Saya shouted aloud feeling more confident than ever.


-----------------------------
Author's note:
I've posted parts of this story on multiple websites so I thought share here to test it out
on you guys so hope you like it and support. Leave comments questions helpful critics all that jazz thanks guys :D