09. SHIELDING

You're My Heart, Say Goodbye (A twisted story of Haru Haru MV)

Thanks.”

She said very softly. She walked slowly first since she felt pain. But as the feeling of her missing Jiyong so much came to her senses, it made her run unconsciously. She ran to where Jiyong is.

I WANT TO HUG HIM LIKE BEFORE.

I WANT TO KISS HIM LIKE BEFORE.

I WANT TO CUDDLE HIM LIKE BEFORE.

I WANT TO LOVE HIM LIKE BEFORE.

I WANT TO BE WITH HIM AGAIN LIKE BEFORE.

Those 5 wants were the only things on Yi Jeong’s mind right now. The 2 men holding him let Jiyong go as Yi Jeong was coming near, who is slowing down her pace. Tears flowed out of her eyes as she sees the moisture of his eyes.

“I’m sorry.” She said.

“Y-you called me.. Jiyong again.” He said, not caring about what she just said, as he smiled the smile he flashed after she answered him with ‘Yes’, making her his official girl.

“You should leave now. Don’t think about me. Think about yourself.” She whispered. He raised his right hand and cupped her left cheek, his thumb caressing her pale cheeks as well as wiping her tears.

“I love you, Yi Jeong. I love you so much that I can’t even think of not seeing you.” He said, again, not caring what Yi Jeong just said. She saw tears rolled down from his lonely eyes. And it made Yi Jeong burst more tears.

“Can I.. Can I.. hug you?” He asked like a kid. No second thoughts, she was the one who pulled him into an embrace. He hugged her back so tight, like not letting her go. She heard him cry so hard.

“I love this feeling I am feeling right now. It’s been a long time since the last time I felt this. Can you stay here like this forever?” He managed to speak between sobs. He is now crying a dam of tears.

“Yah~ don’t be so emotional. I don’t want something to happen to you again.”

“Don’t worry. Everything’s fine since my heart feels you here with me.”

“So.. what now? I had given you time to decide. Is that moment with Yi Jeong enough so I can erase you now? Or you have changed your mind and you want to leave? Look. My mercy has its limits.” Mr. Choi interrupted. He didn’t let Yi Jeong go off the embrace so she did the same.

She whispered to him.

“Leave. Please just leave. NOW.” He didn’t speak. Instead, she felt him hugged her tighter.

“I’m ready, whatever, whenever, it is.” He whispered. Yi Jeong heard Mr. Choi mumble something. Since she had been with the Choi Family, she knows what does that mean. So she let go off Jiyong and forcedly remove his hands away from her and put it on his sides. He gave her a confused look.

“Close your eyes, my little dragon. Think of me. Think of me just now. But after this, remove me from your memory. Never ever remember me, my face, my name. Everything that is me. Never ever engrave in your mind and heart that I am the one you once loved who just gave you so much pain.” He closed his eyes. Yi Jeong tiptoed, put her arms around his neck and kissed him. She gave him the most passionate one she can ever give to him. Hearing a signal, she knew what would happen next. So she covered his ears with her hands and shifted her position gracefully, not hinting what she really is doing.

BANG.