10. ENTRUSTING

You're My Heart, Say Goodbye (A twisted story of Haru Haru MV)

Oh my love

Don’t lie, lie

You're my heart

Say goodbye..

***

Jiyong felt a ray of light seeping through his eyelids. He slowly opened his eyes and blocked the light with his hand.

“I’m.. alive. I knew it. It was just—“ He looked around and saw a familiar place. He knew he’d been there twice.

”No. I’m not here right now. These tubes aren’t attached to me. This is still a part of my dream. I’ll just sleep some more and when I wake up, I’ll.. I’ll.. I’ll let Yi Jeong know I’m alive.” He went back to his sleeping position. He then felt a presence near the window. He shifted his gaze there and saw the guy he almost hated half of his life.

“You’re awake. Thank God. How are you feeling?”

“Awake!? No. I’m not. This is—“

“This is reality. You’re really on a hospital bed. Those apparatuses are really attached to you. You were comato—“

“STOP IT!” Jiyong said, closing his eyes tightly and his hands on his ears. He spoke to himself.

“This is a dream, Jiyong. This is a dream. Go back to sleep. Go back to—“

“Don’t be so idiot!” Seunghyun pulled Jiyong’s hands from his ears.

You know what happened!” He wanted to say more but he stopped upon seeing tears from the closed eyes of Jiyong.

“I’m sorry.” He paused for a moment and grabbed something from his pocket.

“Here.” He handed it to him. Jiyong opened his eyes and wiped it with his arms. He examined the thing carefully and realized it was the ring he gave to Yi Jeong. His hand shook, making the ring fell on his lap. He looked at it and tears flow like rivers. “TSK,” was the only word that came out of his breath. 'Why is she giving this back? I thought she loves me too?' He thought.

“I’ll leave you for a while. Let it all out.” Seunghyun said, as he went out of the room. Jiyong cried hard. He doesn’t care if he’ll get another attack. He started to reminisce everything that happened between Yi Jeong and him. Starting from the first time he approached her; how the two of them fell in love with each other; how he courted her; how they became official; how he gave her the ring; how she broke up with him; until the last words he heard from her. He thought ‘how fast time can be? It’s like it happened in just a matter of a snap’. He stopped crying when the moment of his last seconds with her flashed in his mind.

(FLASHBACK)

BANG!

He heard it, even though Yi Jeong tried covering his ears. He felt numb and was shocked. He opened his eyes as he felt Yi Jeong’s arm loosen its hold on his neck and they both pulled off from the kiss.

“Yi Jeong-ah!” Seunghyun screamed.

“WHAT THE FCK HAVE YOU DONE!?” He is now looking at her father with his death glare and gritting teeth. He can’t control himself. He punched his own father. Mr. Choi touched his jaw.

“It’s not my fault, my dear son. Because of her stupid love for that guy, she’ll lose her life. Poor girl. Dying because of her stupidity.” He straightened his collar and suit.

“C’mon boys. Let’s go.” Then they walked away.

“How come you have the guts to call me your son, you crazy, pathetic old man!? YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER!” Seunghyun yelled and started dialling his phone for an ambulance. He ran to Yi Jeong’s side, who is now sitting on the ground with Jiyong supporting her. Jiyong can’t speak. All he can do is to cry.

“Stay strong, Yi Jeong. The ambulance would be here in no time.” Seunghyun helped in supporting her.

“I’m fine.” She tried to smile.

“Ji.. Jiyong.  Don’t cry.. Please? Don’t worry I’ll always be with you. Stop crying. I want you to be happy. Happy like when we were together before.. I’m sorry. I want to say this.. so badly.. ever since I saw you again a while ago.. Jiyong.. Kwon Jiyong.. I love you. Take my heart. It’s yours. Even from the beginning.” Yi Jeong hugged him and soon after they heard loud sirens. Jiyong then felt pain. In his chest literally. He searched for oxygen, but he just can’t find any. He doesn’t want to let go off her either, so he let it be. He felt so weak. Yi Jeong seemed to notice him so she broke the hug. It’s now late. His sight is blurry. He can’t hear sounds clearly. He can see the movement of Seunghyun and Yi Jeong’s lips but he can’t clearly see what they are saying, hoping he could just lip-read it because he was deafened for some reason. He tried to yell “I LOVE YOU. YOU ARE MY HEART. GOODBYE,” but no sound came out of his mouth. Then everything turned black as he exhaled the last breath he can.

(END OF FLASHBACK)