06. CHANGING

You're My Heart, Say Goodbye (A twisted story of Haru Haru MV)

"YAH! Where are we going!?" Jiyong said, trying to pull his hand out of Seunghyun's grip.

"Just follow me!" They ran as fast as they could. They then reached the end of the empty alley. They saw an abandoned house.

"There, Jiyong. Hide there."

"What!?"

"Just do it! Do you want to die?!"

"Oh God! Please! I can't understand anything!"

"Hide! NOW! I'll tell you everything later. I'll talk to them." So Jiyong hid inside the house and Seunghyun acted like he is looking for something. The men then came.

"Mr. Seunghyun, at last we've found you. We've been looking for you. Mr. Choi was worried and angry at the same time since you're not answering his calls." said one of the men. Well, at least Seunghyun guessed right. It was his father's people.

"Why? What happened?"

"Ms. Han Yi Jeong escaped. We've been chasing her but now we can't find her. Mr. Choi thought she's with you, that is why we've been looking for you."

"Now, do you see her here? No, right? Go and find somewhere else."

"Aren't you going with us, Mr. Seunghyun?"

"No. I'll find Kwon Jiyong. I think I saw him going here. She might have gone to see him."

"Then let us help you."

"I don't need any help! Go!" The men then went away. Seunghyun then entered the house.

"What are they up to?"

"Looking for Yi Jeong. She ran away."

"Ran.. away? But.. why?"

"Because she hates me now. She hates my crazy father. She hates everyone in our family. And yet we are obliging her to stay in our house so we can do the marriage soon. She stays yet she hates us. She hated me because of my father. That's why I became so frustrated and met with my ex a while ago because.. I am starting to like her.."

"You are? Wait. About what you said a while ago if I want to die. What's that all about?" Then suddenly, the door opened.

"(gasps)S-Seunghy-- Kwon.. Ji.. yong..?" Yi Jeong said, catching her breath. "What.. are you two.. doing here?"

Jiyong looked at her. He was surprised seeing Yi Jeong with a permed hair. She never liked her hair permed.

"We're.. uhm.. nothing. Why did you run away? Dad's people are searching for you."

"They're here!? Oh, bye!"

"No! WAIT! They're now gone. I told them to go and find somewhere else."

".. I still.. have to go.."

"Yi Jeong, please! Stay. I think we should talk." Seunghyun pleaded. But Yi Jeong persisted. She walked past the door and was about to leave when Jiyong grabbed her hand.

"Han Yi Jeong. If you want to live, stay."

"No. I'll not die."

"But they might--"

"No, I can take care of myself." She places the hood back to her head.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I’m leaving." She walked away. Jiyong was about to follow her when she remembered Seunghyun.

"Seunghyun.."

"Go. Talk to her. I'll stop those guys. They might find you."

"But.."

"Go." Jiyong then ran. He ran so fast to catch Yi Jeong. He reached the city. On an intersection road, he saw Yi Jeong already on the other side of the pedestrian lane. Unfortunately, the stoplight turned green and the cars moved fast. He can hardly see her because of the moving cars. He waited until there were few cars and the stoplight turned red. He ran so fast and he was colliding onto people. He didn't care. All he cared about is Yi Jeong and how to catch her.

He ran so far already and stopped to rest when he reached a chapel in the middle of a not-so-crowded place. He went inside and prayed.

"Lord. Please give her to me. I need her. I couldn't bear to live anymore without her. Even though I did it for the past months, I know inside of me, I'm crying, begging her to come back to me. Please? I need her to be with me forever this time around. Not just a year. A month. A day. A minute. Nor a second. I need her for my entire lifetime." After praying, he went out of the chapel and as soon as he stepped out, it shocked him that the few people he saw a while ago before entering were now nowhere to be found and..

"Wow, what a wonderful timing, Mr. Kwon."