04. GIVING

You're My Heart, Say Goodbye (A twisted story of Haru Haru MV)

"No.."

Silence filled the room.

"More than that. But I don't see any reason for him to love me back. Because.. he still loves you. See, he didn't even tell me he had something like this."

"Yah. You don't need a reason to love someone. I've read it on a book." Yi Jeong then looks at Jiyong who was sleeping soundly on the hospital bed.

"So.. Hana. Please don't tell your cousin that you saw me here. And also.. don't let Jiyong know that I was the one who brought him here. Just.. don't mention my name. I'm sorry for asking such favors."

"Unni.. why are you doing this? Don't you love him anymore?"

"Hana.. a person can only be attached to one person. We just can't love two persons at a same time. And now.. I.. love Seunghyun.." She faced the floor.

"Unni. I know you're lying. I know all about this. You're just protecting Jiyong oppa, right?"

"How did.. you know? Don't tell me.."

"No, I have to tell you. Yes. I am a part of uncle's plan. He wanted me to make Jiyong oppa forget everything about you because he wants you to marry his son. And if I have done that, all of my father's debt will be cleared. But if I haven't, our family's life will be miserable. At first I was determined to do it since me and my father's life is at risk. But now, I know that I can't. You seemed to be engraved on his mind. I am sorry unni for that."

"How mean is he, isn't it? How life could be so unfair? Mr. Choi wants me to marry his son because of my parents' fame and wealth. Before, I didn't know that. All I know is that our parents are arranging us for marriage because they are close friends. At first, I thought, I can easily learn how to love Seunghyun because he's nice, gentleman and of course, his looks. But.. being in a relationship with someone like.. Jiyong.. you can't even think of somebody else."

"Yeah. I knew that kind of feeling.. If only he obeyed his doctor's advise to go back to the rehabilitation center.." Hana whispered.

"Rehab? Why?"

"Don't you notice? He has..  he has some kind of mental disorder."

"Oh.. I.. didn't know.." Yi Jeong trailed off.

"So.. When Mr. Choi told me that if I can't remove him from my mind, he will remove his existence, I taught myself how to love Seunghyun, though I can't really get Jiyong out of my head." Silence again conquered the place. Then Yi Jeong broke it to prevent herself from crying.

"So just take care of him. For me. Or just for you and everyone who loves him. Don't let him get an attack again huh? You know what; they say I was the reason on why he got this kind of disease because his first attack was when I broke up with him. But I think he got it is con. So please give him more love more than the pain I had given him."

"Are you.. giving him up.. to me?"

"I have to. And you should find a donor for him while it's still early. If only I can save him.."

"Unni! Don't talk like that!"

"Don't worry, we're both A." They stared at each other and laughed. Hana went up to Yi Jeong and hugged her.

"Thanks so much, unni. I'll not let something bad happen to him. I promise." They could not hold it anymore. They both started to cry.

"Yah. It's okay. Look at us. We look like crazy. :D *wipes tears and lets go from the embrace* I should leave now. Bye! Remember my favors huh?" Yi Jeong walks to the door to leave. She paused as she was about to open the door.

"Oh. Hana. About that dream of mine.. that.. uhm.. I.. I mean it." Then she left.