Chapter Two: So This Is Home Now

~Living Arrangements~

On the elevator ride up to the 17th floor I went over my plan once more. With a ding, the doors opened and I stepped out, searching the hall for the room numbered 253.

It should be right about….here! I turned to find the fated door to my left at the very end of the hall. Pulling in a huge breath, I held it in as I cautiously knocked on the wood surface. On the other side, I heard thumps and grumbles from what I’d assume to be my new boss. Having expected maybe an older or middle aged man who had a family, you can imagine my shock at seeing a guy not much than I am. He seemed shocked too, for he stood frozen for a moment before hurriedly rushing me into his apartment.

“You’re the one who applied for the job, right?” His right brow raised in question, and I nodded in response, having been to busy taking in my surroundings.

The living room itself was at least five times the size of my old place’s. There were windows that went all around one corner of the room, providing a lot of light for the already bright white room. The sofa was black leather, and looked like it could fit at least five people. The large television was across from it, and a tangle of wires and games sat in front of it.

The room really would be gorgeous and breath-taking if it weren’t almost completely covered with filth. The couch had a bunch of magazines, crumpled papers and what looked to be textbooks lying on it. The coffee table had soda cans and old chip bags and take out boxes scattered all over it. Clothes, mostly dirty socks, more trash, games, and any other thing you can think of. It was a pig-sty. Not to mention the smell! All the old, rotting food made the whole place smell like a dump, and there was some other scent I can’t quite place, and to be honest I don’t think I want to.

“Well, you can see how much of a mess it is,” he gave me a quick sheepish smile before continuing. “Um, you can start anytime you can really, preferably soon but, whenever really is fine. I don’t blame you if you want to run now. I’d totally understand,” he laughed a little, and I gave a polite smile in response.

“I actually have a request-slash-suggestion, if I may,” I decided to try and approach this topic as gently as possible. He nodded at me, signaling me to continue.

“Well, as you can see,” I gestured my hand towards my suitcase, “I don’t really have a home right now, so I was hoping I could be a live-in maid, so you supply me with a home and maybe some income and I clean. It doesn’t have to pay as much as you stated in the ad, just something to get me started. Or I could just live here and clean while having another job, and you wouldn’t have to pay me at all. Your choice, ultimately.” I finished with a helpless stare, fairly close to puppy-dog eyes. I was two seconds away form begging the poor guy.

The young man in front of me started at me, seemingly in shock for the second time since I have met him. Shaking off the surprise, he seemed to think for a moment. Minutes went by, and he still had not come to any decision. The phone rang then, a shrill noise in the background. He excused himself and went to what seemed to be the kitchen to answer it. I heard his muffled voice, deep and manly like it was on the phone when I called. He spoke in a low voice, and even if I tried to listen in on the conversation, I wouldn’t be able to catch even one word.

He walked back into the room, looking around the place frustrated before his eyes turned to me again. He appeared as though he almost forgot I was there, but soon after he saw me a determined gaze was on his face.

“You can stay here, and I will pay you, but not much. So you’ll probably have to get another job too. And you’ll have to do things like grocery shopping for me too. Arraso?”

I’m pretty sure the smile that broke out on my face could blind a man, and it took all I had in me to not run up and hug this man…what is his name anyways?

“Thank you so much! I’m Go Mi Sun, by the way, and you are?”

“Oh! Right I never introduced myself. I’m Choi Minho, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Said like a true gentleman. He bowed deeply, and I returned the favor as is the respectful thing to do. “You don’t have to start today, just make yourself comfortable here. I need to go soon, but feel free to use anything in the apartment.” Minho then led me down the hall and showed me where the bathroom was, where the washing machine was, and lastly my room. It was originally the guest room, as he informed me, but even this was decorated well. My guess is it is the only clean room in the house. The color scheme seemed to be mostly soft yellows and whites.

Minho left soon after showing me around, and I plopped my bag on the bed before perching myself on its edge. I took another quick glance around the room, listening to the silence of the empty apartment.

Well Mi Sun, I guess this is home for now.

 

**Chapter two!!!......I dont really know what else to say....i love you
?