Chapter Nine: Long Night

~Living Arrangements~

We drove back the same way we got there, in the cramped space with no air. Minho and I were the first ones to be dropped off, and I managed to refrain myself from kissing the ground and praising the air. Right before we got into the apartment complex, I heard Key and Jonghyun shout out the car windows.

"Don't forget to use protection you two~" followed by a chorus of giggles.

"Aish those guys. Sorry about them," Minho apologized. I didn't mind at all. In fact, I thought they were a lot of fun. Well, for the most part at least.

"It's okay. They can be a bit much at times, but I had a good time today." He looked shocked, but brushed it off as we headed inside.

As soon as we got into his apartment, he said he was beat and went to bed, barely even getting his shoes off. I wasn't all that tired yet, so I watched a little TV, then went into my room and read for a while. Before I knew it, it was already almost two. Deciding it was time to hit the sack, I put my book away and started getting ready for bed.

I changed into some sweats and a sleep shirt, and went to wash my face and brush my teeth. For a second I thought I heard something, but couldn't really tell over the sound of the running water. I turned it off and listened for a moment but heard nothing. I turned the faucet back on and resumed what I was doing. I looked up into the mirror and thought I saw something white flash by from the cracked open door. I shook my head, figuring I must just be tired. I went back to brushing my teeth, leaving the faucet off while I did.

*Crash*

Okay, I definitely heard that. I rinsed my mouth and walked out into the dimly lit hallway. I made my way to the kitchen, where the crash seemed to originate. The only light came from the fridge that had two figures hunched over and leaning into it, searching its contents.

"Taemin! I told you to be quiet!" The first voice spoke in a hushed tone.

"Sorry hyung, it was an accident," the second whispered back. I decided to intervene then.

"Ahem." I cleared my throat loudly, effectively scaring the two culprits. They jumped, one of them smacking their head on a shelf in the fridge.

"Oh Mi Sun, it's just you." I leaned on one foot and crossed my arms, getting ready to scold them. "I was afraid it was going to be Minho." Taemin put a hand to his chest, as if trying to calm his racing heart and spoke, no longer afraid.

"Oh really?" I cocked an eyebrow, still staring at him.

"Ya, Minho isn't scary!" Key interjected, whapping Taemin on the arm.

"Really? Then why'd you jump so high when you heard Mi Sun? Hmmm?" Taemin . Aish, these boys.

"Cause she's the scary one," he whispered. Well at least one of them is smart.

"Key, Taemin. Do you mind telling me why you're here at two thirty in the morning?"

"Uh well, you see...we umm.." Taemin finally saw my anger, and was a nervous mess.

"We were just..the fridge and..food." Key mumbled, as if speaking normally would anger me further.  

"Oh. How exactly did you get in here anyways?" I relaxed my stance and walked over to where they were.

"The guy at the front desk knows us. We got the spare key from him," Key answered. They both still seemed a little on edge but were not terrified of me anymore.

"So you said you're here for food. Did you want me to make you something?" I offered but both of them shook their heads furiously.

"No, no! We just decided before you came in to have some ice cream anyways, so there's no need." Taemin spoke while grabbing it from the freezer. Key went over and grabbed the bowls and spoons.

"Are you gonna want some Mi Sun?" Ice cream at two-thirty in the morning? Ew.

"No, I think I'll just have some tea." I got that ready while they served themselves rather large helping of the frozen desert. I looked at the carton and saw it was chocolate with chocolate, toffee, caramel, and nut chunks. And to top it off, it had marshmallows and marshmallow, caramel, and fudge swirls in it. Wow. I didn't know they made such a sugar-packed dairy product. It sure seems like something that would give you a heart attack after one bite.

I sat down with my tea and watched in amazement as they scarfed it down in minutes. The had emptied the whole carton! How are these boys still so skinny after eating like this?

"Do you have any cookies or something?" Taemin asked. He still wants more? Wasn't that enough sugar for you? Still, I told him there were cookies in the cupboard and he raced off to find them. He pulled the package out and gave it to Key while he went and got milk for both of them to accompany the cookies. After eating three fourths of those, they each had large glasses of juice and went into the living room, leaving me sitting there with my jaw hanging I'm sure.

Wouldn't they feel sick after eating all that? It was all sweets too. Minho, what kind of people do you hang out with?

 

I heard the TV turn on and begin playing some song from some girl group. I got up and went into the living room, only to find Key dancing along and Taemin laughing and digging through the cupboards to the right of the television. Moments later he pulled out what looked to be soju and cheered.

"Hyung, I found it!" He shouted, obviously not caring for anything else.

"Yah! Taemin! Be quiet. Minho is trying to sleep." He apologized and opened the bottle. They didn't even get glasses and just started drinking straight from the bottle.

"Guys, I don't think you should be drinking that." I tried to stop them, I really did. They brushed me off saying 'It's cool! Minho won't care.'

That's not what I'm worried about...

 

The duo kept drinking and drinking until the bottle was empty.They were drunk, to say the least. Both of them were stumbling over each other, dancing to whatever song came on the TV. At first it was manageable. They weren't too loud, and didn't seem to be causing any harm. I thought it would stay like that, and then they'd pass out or something. Boy was I wrong...

"Oh I love this -hic- song! Taemin! Dance with me!" Key shouted and started 'dancing' and signing along with the girls. Taemin must've gotten a little overexcited and took his shirt off, then tripping over the coffee table and hitting the ground. If you thought that's stop them, you're wrong. Key ignored it, while Taemin just started laughing and rolling around.

"Can you try to be a little quieter? Please? Guys, you don't want to wake-"

Key dropped to the ground as well, and started pulling and pushing Taemin making him scream for him to stop.

"Seriously! Minho's trying to-"

"What's going on in here?" Okay, that voice was too deep and too sober to be Key's or Taemin's. I turned and saw an angry, tired, and very shirtless Minho.

"Uh oh, it's the big bad Minho! What ever shall we do Taeminnie?" The two drunk idiots pretended to be scared, teasing the already pissed off Minho.

"You didn't answer my question. What is going on in here?" I couldn't tell who the question was directed towards, but seeing as the other two were drunk, I thought it'd be best if I answered.

"They, uh, kinda got really drunk. I tried to stop them really but-" He silenced me with a hard glare.

"You two. Get up." The two didn't listen and just kept messing around and teasing.

"Ohhhh look at that," Key yet again opened his big mouth. "He's getting angry. Pfffft! We're soo~ scared." Taemin laughed and agreed.

However, as soon as Minho walked over and grabbed them, Key by the collar of his shirt and Taemin by his arm (since his shirt was forgotten somewhere on the floor).

"NOW." They scrambled to their feet and stood before him as they did me when they were sober. "Good. Now go into the guest room, and sleep. I'm sure you'll be careful not to make any noise, right?" They nodded their heads so fast I thought they might just fly off.  Minho let them go and the flew down the hall to my room.

"...So, where am I supposed to sleep?" His face relaxed into one of confusion and he just blinked in response. "You sent them off to the guest room...that's where I sleep so..."

"Oh right...Well I guess you'll just have to sleep with me- I mean in my room!" He was flustered for maybe a second, but seemed to get over it real quick.

"But-" I got cut off.

"It'll be fine. They think we're a couple anyways so it'd be weird to them if we didn't share a bed. Right?" He raised his brows then turned and walked towards his room. I sighed and followed shortly after, trying not to watch his back muscles ripple whenever he moved his arms...arms...oh god, Mi Sun, you're better than this! Don't let muscles screw with your brain!

He crawled into the bed and moved over to the far side, making room for me. I hesitated at the edge and he noticed.

"What?" He sounded a tiny bit frustrated, which is understandable. He was waken up by something irritating, and now I'm making it hard for him to get back to sleep. At least tommorrow's the weekend so he hopefully won't have to get up early.

"It's just...could you maybe put a shirt on first." I blushed and looked down, making my hair fall over my face and shield my embarrassment from him.

"Huh?" He looked down then. His face tinted the slightest shade of pink I'm not even sure that it was there in the first place. "Oh! Uh, yeah, right." He grabbed some shirt from the floor and slipped it on, then got back into the bed. I slipped off my slippers and got in after him, staying as close to the edge and as far from him as I could.

"Can you scoot this way a little bit? I don't want you to fall off." Wow. This is so different from how he was just a minute age. He's being so nice. Not that he isn't usually.

I wiggled my body back until I was a good couple of inches away from the edge. Apparently it still wasn't enough for Minho, though.

"Jeez," he mumbled before wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me back. "The bed is big enough that you can be here, okay? Besides, it's not like I'd do anything to you." He took his arm back and turned to lay on his side, facing away from me.

Now I'm not sure why, but for some odd reason that last statement really hurt. Am I not good enough or pretty enough? Does he just see me as his employee?

That's right, I AM just a maid. All this couple acting has gotten my feelings all jumbled. For a minute there, it really seemed like I liked him,and he liked me. Who am I kidding? Even if I wasn't his employee, he probably wouldn't be into me. Shoot! We'd probably never have met. Besides, even if he ever saw me he wouldn't look twice. Get your head on straight Mi Sun.

 

Feeling depressed, I turned away from him as well and got lost in my thoughts, never really falling asleep. I laid awake, listening to his soft snores, and allowed myself to fall even deeper into this newfound self-conciousness.

Maybe I never should've taken this job.