Chapter Thirteen: What's Wrong?

~Living Arrangements~

Minho parked the car in his spot and slammed the car door shut, disappearing into the apartment building. I scrambled to unlock my seatbelt and exit the car, hurrying after him. The elevator doors were just beginning to close right as I got inside, so I ran, probably looking like an idiot. I slide into the elevator right before the doors shut and leaned against the wall, catching my breath. 

"Minho, what happened back there?" He glanced at me for a second, then turned his gaze to the doors in front of him. "Are you not going to answer me?" Still he stared, not even a sigh escaping his lips. "Well alright then," I whispered under my breath. The elevator dinged and a man walked in, standing in between the two of us. The air was very tense. I think the man could sense it too, since he kept glancing between me and Minho. He got off two stops later and again, it was just Minho and I.

"What happened to your hands?" Minho asked, still not looking at me. 

"Hmm?" I looked down to see that my palms were all scraped up and dirty from earlier. "Oh, I just tripped, its no big deal." He mumbled something I couldn't hear. The elevator dinged again, but this time we got off. We walked down the hall a bit, with Minho a few feet ahead of me. I stared at his back and noticed how tensed he was. What happened with his father?

He entered in the code for the door and threw it open. I caught it before it swung shut and followed after. I took of my shoes and watched Minho walk down the hall, not even stopping to take his coat or shoes off. That's weird..I thought while I shrugged my jacket off. Just then, Minho walked back in the living room and came right to me. He grabbed my wrist, surprisingly gentle for his mood. He walked me over to the sofa and made me sit.

"What are you-?" He squatted down in front of me and took one of my hands. I could feel my face warming as I still wondered what he was doing, until he started rubbing a wet cotton ball on my palm. I winced a little since it stung, and as he did it I just stared at his face. He looked focused, but was calmer than he was earlier. There seemed to be a gentleness in his eyes as well, but I could be wrong. He put some band-aids on the scrapes and held his hand out, palm up. I was still a bit entranced by his handsome face that I didn't really notice him looking back at me expectantly.  

"Uh, Mi Sun? Your hand?" 

"Huh?Oh sorry yeah here." I shook my head a little and plopped my hand down into his, and he resumed wiping a clean cotton ball onto it. "Why are you doing this?" He paused his ministrations and looked into my eyes for a moment.

"Well, it was my fault you fell so, yeah" It could have just been my imagination but it seemed like he blushed a little there. What happened to him being angry? 

He finished putting the last band-aid on my hand and stood from his crouching position. He went to pick up the trash left over from the cottonballs and band-aids but I stopped him. 

"You should go take your shoes and coat off, I can get this stuff." He nodded and went over to the entryway. "Oh, and Minho," I paused in the kitchen doorway. He looked up at me so I continued "Thanks for that." He gave me a small smile and nodded again, stepping out of his shoes and shrugging his coat off. I can ask him about what happened later. 

~~

A few hours later I was putting dinner on the table for us. Minho has been in his room ever since he cleaned and bandaged up my hands for me. I walked down the hall to his door and paused for a minute. There was no sound coming from his room. Preparing myself since I knew what I was going to ask during dinner might upset him, I slowly raised my fist and knocked three times. Twelve seconds later the door opened and Minho walked past me, uttering only a "Dinner's ready?" as he went down the hall and turned into the kitchen. 

I followed after him to find he was already sitting at the table, digging in. I sat across from him and slowly started to eat as well. It took me a few minutes to finally speak.

"Minho...what happened back at the university?" He gave me a sour look and put his chopsticks down. Leaning back in his chair he let his head drop back and stared blankly up at the ceiling. 

"I figured you be asking the sometime today," he ran one hand through his hair and let out a soft sigh. After a minute he still hadn't said anything.

"...and? Talking about it might help" I offered trying to urge it out of him. He sat forward in his seat again and looked me right in the eye. 

"...Fine, I'll tell you." He sighed again and rested his head in his hands. "Its about my father, as I'm sure you figured out." I nodded, even though he wasn't looking at me. "He has always wanted me to be this big shot doctor or lawyer and never took into consideration how I would feel about that, and my my mother and him are always pressuring me to find a girl and get married, even if I'm still in school. Well, my father found out about you," I gasped and he looked up at me, "not the fact that you're my maid but the girlfriend part. He doesn't know its fake. Anyways, he found out and got pissed at the fact that you weren't some rich little student studying to be a nurse and gave me this whole big lecture about how you'd be no good for me and I should break up with you and bla, bla, bla. I tried to argue but he just wouldn't have it. Nobody but him can be right of course." He picked up his chopsticks again and began eating. "That's it."

I sat there, shocked that this whole arguement with his father seemed to be about me. "So...do you want me to leave now or..?"

"No, no, of course not. You may not know this but you're like a good friend to me now, even if we haven't known each other that long. I don't want to just sen dyou out when I know you have no where else to go. Who cares what that old man says, right?" He sent me a small but genuine smile, looking right into my eyes. I smiled back and nodded. We both went back to eating and made small talk after that, cracking a few jokes and laughing, the tense atmosphere long gone.

 

Good friend, eh?

 

 

 

ahhhh it been soo long and im sooo sorry! its just ive been busy with school and havent really had any ideas for this story for a while :(

i still love you though!