Chapter Three: Um, ouch?

~Living Arrangements~

After a few more minutes I heaved my body off of the bed, which was surprisingly comfortable, and got to unpacking the few belongings I had with me. Most of it was clothes, with a few other pictures and trinkets. I carefully pulled out the largest picture frame, and set it on the nightstand right by my bed. I took a moment to observe the photo. It was of me and my family when I was only a little girl. I was with my mother and father, standing in between them and holding each of their hands while they swung me up off of the ground. My older sister wasn’t in the picture, since she was the one who took it.

The next photo I took out was the one of my unnie. It was her, in her graduation robes. She had a bright smile, and was clenching her diploma tightly in her hands. My parents were on either side of her, giving smiles that were just as bright as they held her in their embrace.

The final frame I set on the nightstand was of all four of us. It was the most recent picture I owned. We were all having ice cream at a restaurant, with the whole extended family as well. My uncle was the one who took the picture. I had a dot of ice cream on my nose, and my sister was rubbing more on my cheek. My parents were slightly off to the side, watching and laughing.

I really miss you guys…

Getting out of my sentimental mood, I finished unpacking my clothes into the wardrobe, and put my suitcase in the closet. Seeing as I really had nothing else to do, I decided to look around the apartment and see the whole environment.

As expected almost every room I went into was a complete mess. I was amazed at how just one person could do such damage. Like the living room, there were dirty, smelly clothes strewn about, old take out boxes were rotting all over the floors, making the whole place smell terrible, and I nearly stepped on a pair of scissors that were just laying on the ground. In the kitchen, dirty dishes were stacked high, and when I looked in the cupboards I found no food or clean dishes. Well I guess this explains all the take out food.

If this place weren’t so messy, it would look really nice. It definitely isn’t a cheap apartment, its more like a condo. Its very spacious, and the furniture (or at least what I can see of it) looks very chic and nice. But since it looks like he hasn’t cleaned anything since he moved in, it doesn’t look quite so nice anymore.

There appeared to be only one bathroom, and seeing how filthy it was I decided to clean it. I picked up all the clothes and threw them in the laundry basket off to the side, then grabbed the trash can and threw away all the old toothpaste tubes and shampoo bottles. There were even a bunch of old deodorant containers. By the time I finished that the trash was overflowing. Next I filled the tub with a little but of water and found bleach I could use under the sink. I let that sit for a while and moved on to washing the sticky counter. After that I emptied the tub so just a little water and bleach covered the bottom. I took off my socks and rolled up my pant legs and sleeves before climbing in and getting to work. The tub wasn’t huge, but it was definitely bigger than your average bathtub. When I was about halfway through the tub, I heard a noise that scared me and caused me to slip and fall backwards out of the tub.

 

“Oh my god! Are you all right?” I looked up to find an upside down Minho gazing at me with concern laced in his face. I groaned in response and nodded my head. I tried to push myself up on my hands, only to slip from the soap on my hands fall back again. Minho sighed a little, and hooked one arm under my legs that were still laying over the edge of the tub. He slid his other hand under my back and gently placed me over his shoulder.

He left the bathroom, and walked slowly to my room, trying not to jostle me around too much. My face was turning red, partially from embarrassment and partially from all the blood rushing to my head. When we got to my room he carefully set me down on the bed and sat on the edge with me.

“Do you need anything? Are you going to be ok?” Minho looked into my eyes, still looking concerned and guilty.

I shook my head, which was a bad idea. A sharp pain shot through my head and made me wince.

“Maybe some pain killers, huh? I’ll go get some,” and so he got up and went back into the bathroom to grab the medicine. I listened to all the shuffling he did in there, and not a minute later he came back in with two pills. I took them from him and swallowed them down.

“Thank you, Minho-ssi,” he nodded at me as an answer.

“You know, you didn’t have to start cleaning today.”

“I know, I just wanted to get the bathroom clean since I’ll be using that too,” he mumbled something that sounded sort of like ‘makes sense’ before standing and leaving the room.

“Why don’t you just take a nap, alright? I’ll probably be here when you wake up, so if you happen to need anything, just call me.” Minho turned and left the room then, dimming the lights and closing the door. Though I didn’t intend to sleep, I found my eyelids were drooping soon after I got comfortable, and I fell into a light rest.

 

Sorry it took so long! School, you know? thanks for sticking around though!