Chapter Seven: A Day With the Boys-Part 1

~Living Arrangements~

~Mi Sun~

After dinner I went to my bedroom and started digging around in my suitcase, having not unpacked everything I owned which isn’t much. Finding what I was looking for I smiled and huffed victoriously. Kicking my bag under the bed to deal with later, I walked over to the small desk that sat in the corner of the room, right next to the window. I set the notebook down and took a seat on the cold, wooden chair.

I opened the cover, browsing through all the drawings on the pages while searching for a blank one. The pictures varied from flowers, to locations, to my family members and friends from back home. Determined to not get all nostalgic, I flipped faster, finding a new page somewhere in the middle of the sketchbook. Using a pencil I found in the drawer, I started mindlessly drawing something, not really looking at what I was doing. When my hand stopped I looked down at what I drew, only to find it looking back up at me. It was a pair of eyes. They were dark and wide, framed by thin lashes like a man would have. They were creased around the edges, crinkling up as if the owner of these eyes were smiling. I couldn’t place who’s eyes they were, though they were very familiar. I spent quite some time simply staring into them, wanting to know their secrets, what they were smiling about. Shaking my head, I turned to the next page and started to draw what I saw out the window.

The city of Seoul is beautiful, especially at night. All the tall buildings with their twinkling lights lighting up the sky like stars. My hand drew what my eyes traced, being perfectly in sync with each other after a life of drawing. I saw a couple standing on a bridge standing over a small man-made pond. The boy held the girl in his arms as they watched the fish swim below. Looking to the right I saw a small family, a mother, a father, and their young son walking home, hand in hand. The parents would swing the boy’s hands and then lift him, watching him as he soared up and came back down, then they’d laugh together afterwards. Turning my eyes to the left I saw an older woman, maybe in her fifties, sitting on the roots of a large tree. Her head was tilted up, eyes closed as she basked in the peace of the moment.

For the second time tonight, my hand stopped. I found a mirror image of the view sketched onto the sheet. Looking at the clock I realized I had been drawing for hours. It was late, and I found myself yawning. Closing the sketchbook, I stretched my arms over my head, standing and grabbing my pjs. I got changed and left the room, going to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

When I opened the door I was surprised to find Minho, foaming at the mouth with a toothbrush in his hand. He nodded at me to acknowledge my presence and continued his ministrations. I grabbed my own toothbrush and began brushing my teeth. I kept throwing side glances at him, carefully observing his stoic expression. It seemed like my presence had no effect on him, and I found myself wondering if he’d be doing the same thing if I wasn‘t here. The atmosphere was more awkward than anything else, at least on my part. I tried my best not to think about what happened earlier and what might happen tomorrow. He finished up and left quietly. Soon after I did as well, going back to my room and laying down.

I couldn’t fall asleep. I’ve been staring up into the darkness for the past hour. The thoughts that I’ve been repressing rushed into my mind all at once. Pushing them out I forced my eyes shut and tried to sleep, tossing around trying to get comfortable. Eventually I drifted off into dreamland, welcoming the peace that came with it.

 

-The next morning-

“See hyung, I told you she was pretty!” I was awoken to the sound of a light, innocent voice. I couldn’t recognize who was speaking from just their voice, but it sounded familiar.

“You’re right, she is.” A different voice joined in.

“Move guys! I can’t see!” A third person spoke, and a fourth could be heard laughing in the background.

“Alright, get out! Leave her alone and stop staring like she’s some object.” That voice I recognized as Minho’s. I finally cracked one eyelid open to find five men standing to the left of my bed. I recognized the back standing protectively over me as Minho’s, and the bob of light brown hair over his shoulder as Taemin. The other three I’d never seen before, but I assumed they were the rest of his little group of friends.

“She’s awake! Hi Mi Sun! Remember me?” Who gave you sugar? He looked like he was about ready to start bouncing off the walls. I sat up and nodded, clutching the blanket to my chest.

“Hi Taemin.” His smile grew even wider, if possible, and he turned to one of the other guys and said ‘I told you!’ I looked up at Minho and smiled, trying to look convincingly in ‘love’. He caught on to what I was doing and smiled back. Sitting on the edge of the bed he placed his hand over mine.

“Good morning,” he murmured, his gaze never leaving mine. I faked being shy, looking down into my lap and trying to force a blush onto my cheeks.

“Awwwwww!” All four of the boys chorused, clinging to each other and making kissy faces.

Minho them, glaring furiously. “I said get out, didn’t I?”

They continued joking around, mocking him and faking fear. Minho stood from the bed and stalked towards them. “OUT.” He said this in a calm, low tone, making it even scarier than if he were shouting.

The boys fear wasn’t fake then. They all apologized and scrambled over each other to get out the door.

He turned back around to face me, a small smile on his face.

“I’ll let you get dressed now,” he lowered his voice to a whisper, “and great job.” He left then, closing the door behind him. I could hear the others chattering away as soon as he entered the living room.

Well, they all seem like fun people…I’m going to enjoy this.

I got dressed and headed into the living room. A series of laughs erupted right before I got there. Peeking around the wall, I saw them all piled onto the filthy couch, well all except the one with half blonde, half brown hair. They were talking and watching something on the TV. Just from watching them I could tell they were close, almost like brothers.

Minho spotted me and giving me an award winning smile waved me over, resulting in everyone else to look my way. I walked in, smiling politely at each one before stopping in front of Minho. He stood and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I glanced up at him, then back at the guys sitting on the couch.

“Guys, this is Mi Sun, my girlfriend.”

“Hi,” I responded with a wave.

“Mi Sun, you already know Taemin, but this is-” he was cut off by the well dressed blonde/brunette guy.

“I’m Kim Kibum, but everyone calls me Key,” he grabbed my hand forcefully and shook it. He got shoved away by the shortest one.

“I’m Kim Jonghyun, but you can just call me oppa.” He winked and bowed down to kiss my hand. Before his lips made contact Minho shoved his face away, making him stumble into Key.

“And I’m Lee Jinki, Taemin’s older brother. Most people call me Onew though. It’s nice to meet you, and I’m sorry about them.” He bowed deeply, and I could tell he was the hyung to everyone, although he had a childlike face. I bowed back, not wanting to be rude.

“It’s nice to finally meet you all.”

“Well, now that that’s finished, let’s get going!” Key shouted, walking out the door. The other three followed, again leaving me and Minho. I looked questioningly at him, but he just shrugged and grabbed our jackets. He helped me into mine before putting on his own. We exited the room, locking the door behind us before going to the elevators where Onew, Key, Jonghyun, and Taemin were. For the rowdy guys they seemed to be, I was surprised at their patience.

“Sooo, where are we going exactly?” I directed the question at Key, but was answered by an enthusiastic Taemin.

“An amusement park!” My eyes widened, and I could tell they sensed the fear rolling off of my body.

“Scared? Don’t worry, I’ll be there.” Jonghyun flirted. Minho grabbed my hand and pulled me to him, acting as the possessive boyfriend.

“Hey, if anyone’s going to be there it’s me.” The elevator opened at that, and we all crammed into it with the other people. When we finally reached the main floor I was nearly sweating from all the body heat in the confined space. I welcomed the biting cold as we stepped outside, breathing it in. Key led us to his car, which only seated five. Meaning I had to sit on Minho’s lap. The man I haven’t even known for a month. I couldn’t refuse though, and so here I am, on his lap for the next forty minutes. Why couldn’t they find an amusement park in Seoul that they wanted to go to?

I made sure I was perched as far from him as I could be, sitting pushed up against the front seat from being on his long frog-like legs. Onew noticed the distance between us, but was kind enough to not say anything. I can’t say the same for Key though…

“Don’t be shy Mi Sun! I bet you’re just dying to snuggle up to your man, aren’t you? I know I am,” He shot a glance and Jonghyun, who was in the seat next to him.

I looked at Minho, my eyes begging for an explanation. He leaned forward to whisper in my ear.

“They’re just kidding. It’s like a inside joke,” I nodded and he looked to address Key.

“She’s a little shy when it comes to PDA, that and we didn’t want to make you guys jealous seeing as none of you can seem to find a girl who’d even look twice at you.” I giggled behind my hand. You should’ve seen their faces! Jonghyun was grumbling something along the lines of ‘I don’t look that much like a dinosaur,’ Key glared at the road ahead of him, Onew stared right at Minho with his mouth gaping open, and Taemin pouted and narrowed his eyebrows. Key sighed, relaxing his stare.

“Well there’s no need to be uncomfortable around us! Show us the love!” I really, really didn’t want to. I mean, I’ve never really been in a relationship before, and I wanted to do these sorts of things with the person I cared for, not my boss for crying out loud! But you have to do this for Minho! He needs this, and you owe him, so just do it you big baby!

I slowly scooted back until I was resting on his thighs, not his knees. Leaning back, I leaned against his chest and rested my head back on his shoulder. In return, he wrapped an arm around my waist and I could feel my heart fluttering at 100 miles per hour. Ok not really but you get the point! Yet again I heard a chorus of aww’s surround us and closed my eyes.

*Sigh* This is going to be a long day.

 

~Again I'm so so so sorry for the late update, but here it is! I hope you enjoy it!~