Chapter Twelve: University

~Living Arrangements~

"Sorry again about those guys. You shouldn't have had to put up with them. Send them home next time they decide to come over and get drunk." Minho apologized as he helped me put all my things back to where they were.

"You don't have to apologize, I'm just sorry they woke you up. That's all I was worried about." He just cracked a smile and went to get the clothes that I had put in his room the night before. While he was gone I quickly took my undies out of their hiding place and threw them in the drawer as quickly as I could. Phew! Good thing he didn't see...

I heard someone clear their throat and looked up to see Minho leaning on the doorframe with a smirk on his face. I faked a cough and forced a laugh that sounded strained. He raised an eyebrow, the ever permanent smirk still gracing his features.

"Hah, you didn't h-happen to,uh, see that just now, d-did you?" I nervously asked.

"Oh of course not!" He pushed himself off of the door and walked over to my dresser. As he passed me, I heard him mumble just loud enough for me to hear "Lots of polka dots, huh?" I could feel my ears burning in embarrassment.

"Y-you saw them, didn't you! B-but you just said! And the! Oh!" I couldnt even form full sentences from the humiliation I felt. He cracked up laughing, dropping the clothes and clutching his stomach, bent over the small pile. This lasted a few minutes, and I started to get more and more frustrated and flustered.

"Ahaha, oh! That was good," he wiped the tears out of his eyes as his laughter finally died off. He saw me glaring at him and cracked another smile. "Aw, what's wrong? Is Mi Sun mad?" I just tsk'd and turned away from him, glaring at the wall. "C'mon, it was just a joke," he moved and stuck his face in front of mine. I tried to turn again but he held onto my shoulders. "Hey,look at me." I reluctantly met his gaze and was slightly surprised at the serious look I saw in his eyes. I could feel my heart pounding a million beat a minute. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset. I was just playing around. Will you forgive me?" I sighed and nodded. How could I say no after seeing the sincerity in his face. He smiled brightly again and clutched me to his chest. My ears heated up again while my heart continued to pound. I wriggled around to make him let me go, and it worked.

"These are dirty." Is all I said as I bent and picked up the clothes he dropped. I went to the bathroom to throw them in the hamper and took deep breaths to calm my racing heart. Calm yourself, Mi Sun. Your a woman, ok! Not some high school girl with a crush.

When I re-entered my room, I saw it was already all organized. Minho was standing proudly in the center, apraising his work.

"Wow, you finished it? The man who can wash a single dish?"

"Hey, thats not very nice," he pouted. "Look at what I did! You could at least say thanks." He looked like a kicked puppy, and it made me feel bad for teasing him.

"Ah, I'm sorry. Thank you, you helped me a lot." I smiled at him and he grinned back. Just as he opened his mouth to say something, the shrill ring of a phone interupted. He excused himself and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. I went over and plopped down on my bed, puffing my cheeks up and staring aimlessly at the room, waiting for him.

A few minutes later Minho walked back in.

"Sorry about that. My dad wants me to stop by the university and help him with some stuff so-" I cut him off.

"University?! Can I come with you?" I practically shouted, jumping up from the bed. Its been my dream to attend a university ever since I was little. Go ahead, call me a nerd or whatever but it is still my dream. Minho looked a little taken back, his eyes wide and his eyebrows raised.

"Sure, I guess you can come. We're leaving now so-" again I interrupted.

"I'll grab my coat!" He just watched as I flittered about looking for my jacket. My chuckled when I exclaimed in success when finding it.

"What?" He just shook his head and said 'Let's go.'

He led me down to the garage and over to what i could only assume was his car. I didn't know he had a car..Must be rich, just as i had thought.

We got in and drove for about 20 minutes, neither one of us speaking. It was a comfortable silence. As we approached the school, I could feel my excitement rising. I know its the weekend, and I'm not actually attending this school but still; I've never been in an actual university before.

Minho parked the car and we got out. We walked up to what looked to be the main building, and I stopped to just stare in awe for a second before he called out to me and I scurried along to catch up with his long frog legs. He went up to a door not far from the entrance and paused.

"I'm gonna go see what my dad wants now, you can look around if you want, but don't go too far, okay?" I nodded and watched him go into the room, barely getting a glimpse of a man behind a huge desk before it closed. I turned to face the hallway in front of me and only took a moment before exploring. I went this way and that, seeing the science lab, the library, and a few normal classrooms as well as the art room and what looked like a ballet studio. I couldn't go in the rooms of course, just peek in through the windows in the doors like a creeper. As I was looking in the ballet room, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped and turned to see a girl standing behind me.

"Uh, what're you doing?" She asked, not rudely though. I noticed she was wearing clothes that looked like what ballet dancer wear while practicing.

"Oh, uh I was just looking around. I came here with a friend, I don't really go here." Is she going to make me leave?

"Oh, ok. I just need to get in there and grab my bag, so could you.." She made a scootching motion with her hand and I moved over so she could open the door. "You can come in if you want." I walked in behind her and realized how big the room was. "So, what's your name, stranger?" She had walked over to the corner and started putting things in her bag and pulled out a water bottle.

"I'm Mi Sun. You?" She picked everything up and walked over to me. Stopping in front of me, she stuck her hand out for me to shake.

"The name's Li Hua. You can just call me Li if you want though. Most people do. And before you ask, yes, I'm Chinese." Li let go of my hand and opened her water before chugging down half of the bottle. "So, do you want me to show you around a bit? I got some free time," she flicked her head toward the door and started walking over.

"Uhm, yeah okay!" She smiled brightly then, showing off the gap in her teeth.

"Great! Let's go!" She grabbed my hand and skipped out the door and down the hallway. She led me around, showing me all sorts of classrooms and telling me what each one was and which classes she had.

"So If you don't go here, do you go to another school? Or are you in highschool?" She's asked me many questions other than this, and we had slowly gotten to know each other a bit while walking.

"No, to both of those. I do really want to go to university though, I always have." She looked surprised.

"Really? Most people I meet don't really like school. But you..I like your enthusiasm! I really wanted to go to school as well! We really have a lot in common. I bet we're the same age too! So how old are you? I'm 23." She started bouncing a little, getting really excited. That's one thing about Li: she's really excitable and happy.

"Ah, sorry to disappoint. I'm only 20." I gave her a sheepish look and she just shrugged.

"Really? Oh well! You can call me unnie then! You'll be the first to do so. You know, you should let me teach you some dance moves! You look like you'd do well. In fact, lets go now!" She started to pull me again but I stopped her.

"Actually, I should probably get back to my friend. Do you think you could show me the way to the front door?"

"You can't dance with me now? Oh well, I'll just give you my number and we can do it when you have time. Or we could just hang out!" She wrote her number on a napkin and stuffed it into my pocket.

We walked for 5 minutes before we got to the front. At that very minute Minho exited his father's office, looking angry. He ran his hands through his hair, then turned and kicked the bench by the door.

"Minho? Is everything alright?" He spun on his heel and looked between me and Li.

"You never told me your friend was the headmaster's son." Li whispered in my ear, not taking her eyes off of Minho.

Minho turned and wordlessly left the building.

"Sorry Li unnie, I have to go now. I'll talk to you later!" I called behind my shoulder as I followed after him. I barely heard her say 'Bye' before the door closed behind me.

I saw Minho storming ahead, walking very quickly.

"Minho wait!" I yelled, running down the stairs. On the last one I tripped, breaking my fall with my hands. I got up fast and brushed the gravel off of my hands, wincing as I did so. Running to catch up, I finally made it to his side. He didn't move to indicate that he noticed my presence, and just kept walking, staring straight ahead.

We finally got to his car after a few minutes, and drove back to his apartment in total silence, and this time it was very tense.

I wonder what could've happened? I've never seen Minho this angry...

 

 

 

 

...sorry again. there's a bit of drama in tthis one tho! dundunDUUUN :)